Conte | Spurs Manager

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Conte about to drop his Christmas single.

KingCavani

Crazy that they’d be fourth if they win their game in hand. They’ve been abysmal this season and really shows how impressively poor we’ve been to be trailing them.

If they invest in January they could be a real threat. Already some players are looking more dangerous, the full backs in particular, with Davies looking great as part of a back three.

People still underestimate how good Conte is. This squad looked dead.

Mastadon

Supports
Arsenal
The man with the best hair transplant of all time. That’s what I know him as.

the_cliff

Crazy that they’d be fourth if they win their game in hand. They’ve been abysmal this season and really shows how impressively poor we’ve been to be trailing them.

If they invest in January they could be a real threat. Already some players are looking more dangerous, the full backs in particular, with Davies looking great as part of a back three.

People still underestimate how good Conte is. This squad looked dead.
They are and will be firmly in the race for top 4. People are still underestimating the ability of Conte. A few additions in Jan especially in defence they will be up there I feel we're going to regret not getting in Conte after the Liverpool game come the end of the season.

Wilt

They are and will be firmly in the race for top 4. People are still underestimating the ability of Conte. A few additions in Jan especially in defence they will be up there I feel we're going to regret not getting in Conte after the Liverpool game come the end of the season.
Agreed, Conte is 2 or 3 transfers from turning Spurs around.

Gutted we didn’t go for him when he was sat there waiting for the call.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Agreed, Conte is 2 or 3 transfers from turning Spurs around.

Gutted we didn’t go for him when he was sat there waiting for the call.
Important to remember that Conte wants a lot more control than most clubs will allow. He wants to be the old school Manager that everything comes through him. I am not sure that he and Levy can coexist. If they can, he can really get Spurs moving forward.

Wilt

Important to remember that Conte wants a lot more control than most clubs will allow. He wants to be the old school Manager that everything comes through him. I am not sure that he and Levy can coexist. If they can, he can really get Spurs moving forward.
Think they can …it must have been discussed prior to Conte signing.

abundance

Supports
Inter
Think they can …it must have been discussed prior to Conte signing.
Well, if it's true that the reason Conte didn't join Spurs last summer was that his control demands weren't met... for him to join mid season, this ought be a case of "oh feck it, let's have him doing it his way".

Anyway, stating intentions is one thing, actually implementing them is another, and getting along doing so is yet another one... Levy is know to be sleazy and convoluted, and Conte has a history of starting to bitch and moan about deals being altered very early in each of his tenures.

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
Already some players are looking more dangerous, the full backs in particular
Reguilon's looking better. Emerson is pretty shite going forward though, basically the Brazilian Wan-Bissaka. It's funny because I saw him being discussed on Sky the other week and they were saying that he's not great defensively but going forward he's a real threat, when in reality he's actually pretty decent defensively for the most part but otherwise he's a bit of a dead end with the ball. Probably just gets typecast that way because he's Brazilian and was signed from Barca so must be technical and attacking.

Wilt

Well, if it's true that the reason Conte didn't join Spurs last summer was that his control demands weren't met... for him to join mid season, this ought be a case of "oh feck it, let's have him doing it his way".

Anyway, stating intentions is one thing, actually implementing them is another, and getting along doing so is yet another one... Levy is know to be sleazy and convoluted, and Conte has a history of starting to bitch and moan about deals being altered very early in each of his tenures.
Can’t imagine any manager getting on well with Levy, but feel Levy must have assured Conte he’d back him in the transfer market.That said, it’s bound to go tits up eventually, but not for a while yet.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I can see signs of progression under him - much better shape and we seem solid at the back however our lack of quality in the final third is still a huge concern and a lot of investment is required. I think he is doing a good job so far.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Was a great time to change manager really.....Everton away and had a run of Leeds, Brentford and Norwich all at home. Even Nuno would've won a couple of those.

Interested what Spurs look like when they next run into likes of Liverpool and Chelsea but will be in mix for 4th now.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Amazing that after everything, winning their game in hand puts them in 4th.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
So what are the guidelines this season with covid? 10 days? Until negative tests? Not sure if it's different between vaxxed and unvaxxed like in the NFL.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I was watching the Arsenal Vs Everton match and I started to think how poor, how Ole like or even worse Arsenal are.

Then I put my neutral glasses on, I kind of fiund that I wish that Conte had managed Arsenal instead of Tottenham.

It would have been good to see Arsenal becoming a bit of a force again. Considering Conte is quite a winner, winning something or something first time for Spurs is just a bit 'unnecessary' or 'Too New' than trying to do the same with Arsenal.

Especially when you could argue that Conte would finally help Arsenal move on from the Wenger "pretty football" DNA that seems to be engraved in to the club in my opinion.

Either way, looks like Conte has start to build a bit of a growing force at Tottenham that should improve a level when they get some better players to overtake their current average players.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Hopefully this is a sign of a start of some players falling out with him and his ways.

https://www.teamtalk.com/tottenham-...-sanchez-dont-compare-vertonghen-alderweireld

Furthermore, the ex-Aston Villa forward insisted the trio aren’t a patch on recent fan favourites Toby Alderweireld and Jan Vertonghen.

“I just don’t think Rodon is good enough, to be honest,” Agbonlahor told Football Insider.

“Eric Dier I don’t think is good enough, Sanchez is not good enough.

“Spurs haven’t improved their centre-halves since Toby Alderweireld and Jan Vertonghen were there. They were good centre-halves, they were strong.

“The centre-halves they have there are not good enough. I’m sure Conte, who bases his teams on their defence, will want to fix that problem by bringing in some centre-halves.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
He’s a world class manager. His tactics today were the perfect tonic to beating Liverpool. A confident Kane/Alli/Son and that could have been a real hammering.

Really impressed with how he’s turned this Spurs team around, also playing so well after 2 weeks of inactivity.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
The best work he’s done is to get them working hard again but tactically he was spot on today. Exploited our high line and patched up midfield leaving Kane and Son two vs two against Matip and Konate. Their xG indicates that they had the best chances and we got away with it getting a point.

I’m not sure they have the quality to get top four but he’s clearly a very good manager.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Conte is a great manager and got it spot on tactically but Spurs also had a big advantage today having rested for two weeks and gotten their important players back whereas Liverpool are clearly running on fumes and were missing their entire midfield plus VVD. These Covid outbreaks can be disruptive to training and create long term scheduling headaches but they also can provide a real advantage if you come out of it healthy and rested.

TheRedHearted

Idk, I don't think there's many big places left for Conte to go which is partly why he's ended up at Spurs in his first place. A coach of his quality should have the top clubs fighting over him but his personality means most won't touch him with a barge pole.

So it begs the question where can he realistically go after Spurs? Real and United have already turned him down for those reasons, Bayern wouldn't touch him likewise Paris, we'd never take him back and I can't see Liverpool or City wanting him either.

At a push I could maybe see Barca panicking if Xavi fails but beyond that I'm struggling.
I'm not privy to why Paris won't ever take him, but he's exactly what they need imo. What is the issue with Paris? They have so much attacking fire power that what they need is defense stability. The main thing is I don't see how any team could win with Neymar, Messi, and Mbappe in the same team. Chose two of those three and set up a defensively sound team you can win imo. Not all three. Unless Jurgen Klopp is your manager

What is he on about
Pretty clear, saying that with his name he's paid to win but this time he is happy to come from behind and be a part of a reconstruct and a rebuild.
I agree with the tail end, pretty sure Spurs understand they have to spend even just to stay in the top four now days. If they trust Conte they can do it, unfortunately they didn't get that money for Kane, although I think they still can get something for him and If not they may be just fine with that. I feel pretty optimistic for this project, lets see. Unless Conte is just using it for a stop gap.

Loida

Supports
Roma
Weird how spurs fans were okay with Park the bus football, i thought it wasn't tottenham way ?

SAFMUTD

He got his tactics 100% right against Liverpool. If not because all his strikers were determined to the win miss of the season award Spurs would have won the game comfortably.

He shut down Salah and limited Liverpool's attack really well.

slored1

He got his tactics 100% right against Liverpool. If not because all his strikers were determined to the win miss of the season award Spurs would have won the game comfortably.

He shut down Salah and limited Liverpool's attack really well.
Agreed. Conte is a top class manager and Spurs are insanely lucky to have him. He completely shut down Salah with Sessegnon and Davies in defence, give him some good players and they will be right back at the top again.

Would not have minded him at United but I'm happy with the direction we are taking now.

Wilt

Turned out losing 3-0 to Utd was the best result Spurs have had in years.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Agreed. Conte is a top class manager and Spurs are insanely lucky to have him. He completely shut down Salah with Sessegnon and Davies in defence, give him some good players and they will be right back at the top again.

Would not have minded him at United but I'm happy with the direction we are taking now.
I as an Arsenal fan are concerned with Conte getting momentum, & I'd suggest that Utd fans should be concerned as well.