Conte | Spurs Manager

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
I’m amazed this is actually happening. Seems like an incredible signing for Spurs - going from Santo to Conte is some upgrade. Really pleased he’s not going to Manchester and sort of intrigued to see what he can do with what looks like a rather mediocre side.

ti vu

I think the main point is not how the clubs were performing when he took them over, it's what level were the actual individual members of the squad at, & what budget he had to improve the squads, all in direct correlation to the opposition.

Hes about to compete against 3 of the best teams in the world, with 3 of the best managers in the world, all already well established, plus Man Utd who despite what's gone on recently still have a squad that can beat anyone on their day (& actually should be competing at the top of the table more).

And he'll likely have to do that with less resources than about 4 or 5 teams in the league. Although as an Arsenal fan I'm disappointed Spurs have got a very good manager, I'm actually quite excited to see how he'll get on with this challenge.
Yes. This looks like the toughest one.

However, the post I responding too, was way off the mark, completely ignoring what actually happened. As explained, I was talking about it's not out of character for Conte to take the jobs where it's often associated with long rebuild. Then Conte delivered results in the soonish instead against more established sides. He would outright demand backing, doing it with money in another word. I never imply Conte working miracle with plain air.

Nick7

It's a very good hire for Spurs. I'm not a huge fan of him, really, when it was brought up about him taking over here. He's a winner but I'm just not 100% sold for some reason. But yeah, this makes life for us a lot more difficult.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Ew.

It's gonna be pain for Levy to sack Conte if he doesn't keep his promises, leading Conte to set the fire.
18 months seems pretty good for both parties in that regard. Conte can walk away after a short stint where he gave a really challenging job a go, and Spur's cost shouldn't be that high (the severance one).

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
18 months seems pretty good for both parties in that regard. Conte can walk away after a short stint where he gave a really challenging job a go, and Spur's cost shouldn't be that high (the severance one).
Yeah, I would say there will be an optional extension too which will suit both parties.

Sviken

Top 4 of the 5 world class managers in the world are in charge of our rivals while we sit with Ole... the guy that relegated Cardiff. I mean, you can't make this shit up. What absolute clowns our management would look like if Conte pushes us out of the top 4, because there is a very high possibility of that happening. Regardless of our squad, the most important position in football has always been the manager.

passtheball

Hope all the Ole-inners are noting why he is still in the job. He can close his eyes and take it where it hurts from his corporate overlords.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Will have a similar manager bounce to Tuchel at Chelsea. Most mocked Tuchel when he went to Chelsea just like most are mocking this appointment. He will finish above us in the league this season.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
wow, 20 mil for 18 months, that seems a lot to me.

Is that 20M per year for 18 months and 20M for the 18 months which would be 12 per year.
Either way they are paying for their mistake and Conte can add a premium because he knows this is going to be a hard move.
Like everyone else as much as it's annoying that Spurs got someone competent for the job, i'm more curious about how he will deal with Kane and that horrible midfield.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Yes. This looks like the toughest one.

However, the post I responding too, was way off the mark, completely ignoring what actually happened. As explained, I was talking about it's not out of character for Conte to take the jobs where it's often associated with long rebuild. Then Conte delivered results in the soonish instead against more established sides. He would outright demand backing, doing it with money in another word. I never imply Conte working miracle with plain air.
The toughest one was taking a midtable post calciopoli Juventus to a team that was good enough to be a serious CL. And while it was fair to question their CL record it's also fair to remember that they weren't a CL team when he took them.

The Firestarter

Tweet became unavailable (I know it was official announcement from their official Twitter account)

Spurs somehow still bottled this?
Maybe there was a typo in the tweet. Would be beyond hilarious if they manage to not sign him though.

largelyworried

While Conte is a fine manager, the raw materials he has at Spurs make this not such a worry. I think they'll be viable competitors for the top 4, but I don't see them doing more than that. Maybe if they have a really good summer, but Spurs squad is just tosh at the moment, a couple of key names aside.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I'm actually looking forward to seeing him back in the league.

I'd likely feel a lot differently if I didn't feel we have a manager who can keep him and Spurs at arms length but we do so all good.

That new stadium won't be such a commanding second home for us anymore like it was under Mou and Nuno sadly.

DickDastardly

Good. They took points off of Arsenal and City so far.
Enough time for Conte to get a grip and take points from Liverpool in December, then Arsenal and Chelsea in January.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
The Glazers are the worst thing that's ever happened to us.

New Tottenham manager

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Tweet became unavailable (I know it was official announcement from their official Twitter account)

Spurs somehow still bottled this?

They posted it through twitter for advertisers so it was only showing up as an ad and not on their feed. Spurs gonna Spurs :lol:

Nick7

While Conte is a fine manager, the raw materials he has at Spurs make this not such a worry. I think they'll be viable competitors for the top 4, but I don't see them doing more than that. Maybe if they have a really good summer, but Spurs squad is just tosh at the moment, a couple of key names aside.
That sounds worrisome to me.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I’d have taken him, but I don’t think he’s as good a manager as Pep, Klopp or Tuchel. I think that’s a big part of our problem though, who is?

the_cliff

It's really worrying, not only that we missed out on Conte but he's gone to our rivals. It also helps that they play that conference league BS, no way will he take that seriously, they'll effectively be playing only domestic football till the end of the year, if he can get Kane and Son onboard and the team defensively solid they're a shoe in for top 4.

dinostar77

Top 4 of the 5 world class managers in the world are in charge of our rivals while we sit with Ole... the guy that relegated Cardiff. I mean, you can't make this shit up. What absolute clowns our management would look like if Conte pushes us out of the top 4, because there is a very high possibility of that happening. Regardless of our squad, the most important position in football has always been the manager.
Yep, it's only going to get harder next season as well. Once newcastle get their manager and open up the cheque book, the top four race will get harder. We need an elite manager sooner than later.

padzilla

Hipster
The fact that Spurs appointing a manager is worrying so many of us is a sure sign of how far we've fallen under Ole Gunnar Southgate.

DWelbz19

This is why Poch and Rodgers are in the running, both will eat a shit sandwich to stay in the job.
It's crazy. Two pretty good, but semi-serial bottlers are favourites for the Manchester United job.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Now they have to give him the players he wants or they'll be trouble pretty quickly. Interesting to see how it works out.

Dec9003

He is right up there at that level.
Not for me, the other three have all won the champions league, the last two times Conte won the league were his teams even in Europe?