Conte | Spurs Manager

KeanoMagicHat

Tottenham were fairly electric in the second half after a poor start, maybe signs of what’s coming under Conte.

kps88

They ran like maniacs in the second half with Conte screaming them on as if they were minutes away from winning the league. Real lack of quality though so not sure how sustainable an approach it is.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The guy has something like a 67% win rate in the PL. Even a bum side like Spurs won’t keep him down.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
They ran like maniacs in the second half with Conte screaming them on as if they were minutes away from winning the league. Real lack of quality though so not sure how sustainable it is.
Conte will need time but I still have them finishing 4th tbh. They haven't got the greatest squad but he has enough in his locker to set his teams up well and also give them a kick up the arse if they're underperforming.

BigBebe

Interesting that Reguilon said that this was the hardest week of his life in terms of the intensity of training. In the second half, it really showed, they totally outran and outfought Leeds.

I have a bet with a friend (Arsenal fan) that Conte will have Spurs finishing in the top 4. Of course, I don't think that they have the 4th best squad, but having a world-class manager is utterly transformational.

izec

Interesting that Reguilon said that this was the hardest week of his life in terms of the intensity of training. In the second half, it really showed, they totally outran and outfought Leeds.

I have a bet with a friend (Arsenal fan) that Conte will have Spurs finishing in the top 4. Of course, I don't think that they have the 4th best squad, but having a world-class manager is utterly transformational.
They have clearly the 4th best manager. And United, Arsenal and Leicester are struggling. Their biggest rival may be West Ham, and they aren't that good.

Infra-red

Indeed. Look at what Klopp did with Liverpool (who finished 6th, 2nd, 7th, 8th, 6th, 7th in the six seasons before he joined). Conte is of a similar level. As Fergie always said, "the manager is the most important person at the club" - having a top one, makes all the difference in the world.

Wilt

When Conte got the Spurs job, I had a bet Spurs top 4 @7/1 ….hope your friend is giving you odds.

Chip

Seriously, why did we not go for him on an 18 month contract when apparently we have no alternative? Because he's not a yes man?

Chip

Winning titles is all fun and well but United dna is what a manager needs!
Trophies are just an ego thing for managers, yet Ole kept going on about our meaningless away unbeaten record.

Cathy Ferguson

To be honest I don't think it is at all. Would look like terrible planning to hire a 5-3-2 manager when you've just bought Jadon Sancho, have a load of wide forwards and your right wing back would be Aaron Wan Bissaka. Excellent manager but the wrong fit for United
Fair points, but Conte would have been one of the better choices for an interim manager. Will be interesting to see what a new manager can do with players such as Wan Bissaka, McFred and Maguire. Not a lot I am afraid.

Infra-red

Seriously, why did we not go for him on an 18 month contract when apparently we have no alternative? Because he's not a yes man?
"Too abrasive" was the briefing I think the press got. That's obviously code for "he's unlikely to tolerate Ed Woodward's snivelling bullsh*t".

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
He had the players pushing hard, Kane back to leading the line and sprinting, also constantly urging the crowd to be louder while yelling instructions.

Tottenham scored big time. Wouldnt be shocked if Kane wants to stay by the end of the year.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
To be honest I don't think it is at all. Would look like terrible planning to hire a 5-3-2 manager when you've just bought Jadon Sancho, have a load of wide forwards and your right wing back would be Aaron Wan Bissaka. Excellent manager but the wrong fit for United
Please stop this myth. He plays 343 too where Sancho would just fit in nicely.

AWB is a terrible right back. He is getting benched with any half decent manager.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
shocking first half. Much better second, gonna take time. But at least seeing improcment
Otherwise Conte will slap each one of your team players and double slap for Kane for being shot. Your boss levy just appointed a world class manager. Not some half baked wannabe like poch. He will make you very competitive team more than sum of its parts for sure.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
He had the players pushing hard, Kane back to leading the line and sprinting, also constantly urging the crowd to be louder while yelling instructions.

Tottenham scored big time. Wouldnt be shocked if Kane wants to stay by the end of the year.
He'll sign a contract extension if they get in CL.

Mcking

They ran like maniacs in the second half with Conte screaming them on as if they were minutes away from winning the league. Real lack of quality though so not sure how sustainable an approach it is.
Still remember the last few minutes of that FA Cup final where his Chelsea side beat us. The man is a bundle of energy. His passion alone from the sidelines is much more heartwarming than all the 'brands of football' overhyped managers tend to hide behind these days.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Some signs of progress already. I'm encouraged but obviously there is a huge amount of work to do on our fitness, system and overall confidence but today will have been a step in the right direction. If we back Conte with resources and get the players he wants then I have no doubt we will be a much stronger team.

the_cliff

This year? 2 games in and crappy performances.. feeling confident?
Yes. Especially if we're stuck with Carrick for the next 5-10 games.

People on here really underestimate the ability of Conte, especially when we were linked with him.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Yes. Especially if we're stuck with Carrick for the next 5-10 games.

People on here really underestimate the ability of Conte, especially when we were linked with him.
Yeah. Guy has 5 titles in 7 seasons of management. People seem to forget when he took over Juve they had just finished 7th and hadn't won a league for a while, whereas at Chelsea they finished 10th the year before.

The guy is in the same category as Pep, Klopp and Tuchel. Drop from them 4 to those below is pretty significant.

the_cliff

They will need more than a win vs 17th place Leeds to do that.
I agree, but people seem to think it would be a miracle and aren't taking Spurs serious. Spurs don't need to go on an insane run to finish top 4, beat the mid table/lower table teams they'll finish top 4. Especially with the way we are atm and how Arsenal are hot and cold. One thing Conte will do is make them extremely hard to beat and hardworking. They're 2 points ahead of us rn and it could be 7 after the next 2 gws. They've got Burnley, Brentford and Norwich next.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Unless Kane wakes up and goes on an absolute tear scoring 20 goals the rest of the way I still can’t see them getting 4th. Their players are just far too erratic and inconsistent. And their midfield is pretty trash. Central defense, too.

Depending on who United appoints as interim I still see you getting 4th in the end. Too much talent.

the_cliff

Unless Kane wakes up and goes on an absolute tear scoring 20 goals the rest of the way I still can’t see them getting 4th. Their players are just far too erratic and inconsistent. And their midfield is pretty trash. Central defense, too.

Depending on who United appoints as interim I still see you getting 4th in the end. Too much talent.
You give us too much credit. We're stuck with Carrick till the end of the season. That's why I'd put Spurs top 4.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea

I dont see Man Utd getting in the top 4. The defense and midfield is shocking. Pogba out 12 weeks. Varane injured. Not happening. Tottenham have enough to get to the Jan window in a strong position. If Conte is backed he will find a midfielder and defender he can work with, doesnt need to be two worldies.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
I dont see Man Utd getting in the top 4. The defense and midfield is shocking. Pogba out 12 weeks. Varane injured. Not happening. Tottenham have enough to get to the Jan window in a strong position. If Conte is backed he will find a midfielder and defender he can work with, doesnt need to be two worldies.
If they can pull off a miracle and convince a top coach like Ten Hag or Poch to leave their club midseason I think they’d be nailed on for top 4. If it’s Carrick the rest of the way then yeah, slim chance.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Will see how he gets on in the xfer window and if Spurs actually back him, if Spurs are legit and back Conte on targets, then maybe top four is on.

Sviken

It'd be absolutely hilarious if Spurs manage to nick top 4 from us due to Conte. Would sum the state of our club pretty well.