Conte | Spurs Manager

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Check the running stats of any team pre Conte and during Conte time. Working hard is something that's driven by manager and playing passively will end up with covering less distance.

Chelsea under Jose were midtable to bottom table in distance covered, under Conte they were at top or top 5.

ManUtd under Van Gaal were in top 3-5. Under Jose it was 17-20.
Our running stats this season under ole and rangnick is abysmal. Sure one could blame the manager but in our case i'd blame the players more because ole and rangnick are at two extremes when it comes to man management, ole was there mate and shielded the players while rangnick isn't a mate and is publicly calling them out for not putting in a shift. Lets face it the players are toxic, half of them probably hate the other half and there is no unity. Only solution is to gut this squad and bring in new players and a new culture with the managers authority restored. Even saf said that ten hag would hopefully have "control".

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Our running stats this season under ole and rangnick is abysmal. Sure one could blame the manager but in our case i'd blame the players more because ole and rangnick are at two extremes when it comes to man management, ole was there mate and shielded the players while rangnick isn't a mate and is publicly calling them out for not putting in a shift. Lets face it the players are toxic, half of them probably hate the other half and there is no unity. Only solution is to gut this squad and bring in new players and a new culture with the managers authority restored. Even saf said that ten hag would hopefully have "control".
It's not about man management, it's how you train the players and what's the expectations and also how true you are to your beliefs.

Spurs distance covered stats was poor under Jose and Nuno iirc, among the best under Poch and Conte.

Also we have already changed players, not entire squad but we signed new 11 for LVG, Jose and Ole.

I understand what you are saying, the players have hit rock bottom but the whole club was a mess this season. There will be lot of outgoings anyways but not every player fans want out.

kthanksbye

Conte is severely underrated in this forum, he genuinely is one of the top managers active in the game right now. His European record may not be great, bur he has won multiple leagues and generally is capable of making his teams punch above their weight, maybe not the manager who would've suited us, but that's not because of reasons that rest with Conte, with a competent board and honest owners, Conte was really our only option if we are to compete with Klopp and Pep.

I said it when Spurs signed him that they're now favourites to finish top 4. With 2 games to go, it's still possible.

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
If conte was the interim manager he wouldn't have been backed in jan and he would have rightly thrown a hissy fit.
I am not saying we should have signed him. Pretty sure he wouldn't have taken the job on an interim. Just giving credit where it's due. He's done a pretty good job. People are speaking like they didn't have Son and Kane before joined. Yes they are great players but he's motivated the team and has given them a solid platform to perform.

kthanksbye

I'm laughing at the suggestion that Kane and Son are the reason Spurs are where they are.
Why couldn't Ronaldo, Bruno and Varane carry us to the top 4 then? Surely these are 3 top players.

el3mel

Conte is severely underrated in this forum, he genuinely is one of the top managers active in the game right now. His European record may not be great, bur he has won multiple leagues and generally is capable of making his teams punch above their weight, maybe not the manager who would've suited us, but that's not because of reasons that rest with Conte, with a competent board and honest owners, Conte was really our only option if we are to compete with Klopp and Pep.

I said it when Spurs signed him that they're now favourites to finish top 4. With 2 games to go, it's still possible.
This forum under-rates all the opposition managers. I mean it wasn't a long time ago someone in Pep's thread was actually arguing he's been a huge failure and a flop at City.

It's Redcafe.

kthanksbye

This forum under-rates all the opposition managers. I mean it wasn't a long time ago someone in Pep's thread was actually arguing he's been a huge failure and a flop at City.

It's Redcafe.
Yes, I've noticed that, just last week someone was saying that there's nothing to suggest that it's only a matter of time Pep will win the CL, even the fact that he's going to win City their 4th league title in 5 seasons.

roonster09

Scout
Conte is severely underrated in this forum
If you only read the posts that criticizes him and ignore the posts that says he is 3rd best manager in the league, or posts that says he is elite manager.

Conte is highly rated manager on caf, as with anything related to sports or any field there will be few who don't agree with that.

kthanksbye

If you only read the posts that criticizes him and ignore the posts that says he is 3rd best manager in the league, or posts that says he is elite manager.

Conte is highly rated manager on caf, as with anything related to sports or any field there will be few who don't agree with that.
Yes, you're right, but when you have posts already saying ETH is a better manager and that Spurs are fighting for top 4 because of Kane and Son, that's abnormally inaccurate.

roonster09

Scout
Yes, you're right, but when you have posts already saying ETH is a better manager and that Spurs are fighting for top 4 because of Kane and Son, that's abnormally inaccurate.
That should be minority posts, if you create a poll you will see how many consider him as top 3 coach in PL.

Conor

Odd response. I'm pretty sure most people in here would rather Spurs get the CL spot than see the media fellating of Arteta go into overdrive, and outside of one or two, we're pretty damn happy with the choice of our new manager.
Why would you want Spurs to get 4th? They have an excellent manager who most likely won't leave if they do, and will get more money to spend.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
That should be minority posts, if you create a poll you will see how many consider him as top 3 coach in PL.
Him and Tuchel would undoubtedly complete the top four.

Which means - as you rightly say - that he isn't underrated at all.

If a majority of the forum rated Lego Pep or Moyes above him, then yes. But I'd be immensely surprised if that were the case.

mctrials23

Spurs are just so dull outside of Son and Kane. Conte is a good manager and has them playing effective football but after having a manager like Poch I would hate watching them.

el3mel

Spurs are just so dull outside of Son and Kane. Conte is a good manager and has them playing effective football but after having a manager like Poch I would hate watching them.
Poch had a far better and more complete team. Better midfield, defense and fullbacks.

mctrials23

Poch had a far better and more complete team. Better midfield, defense and fullbacks.
Oh entirely. I can't remember if it was someone on here or another forum that suggested this current Spurs squad was as good as Pochs but I couldn't believe my eyes.

They had quality throughout that team. I think Poch added a lot of value to the team but ultimately the only arguable upgrades they have on that side now are Kane and Son. I think both are better players now.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Pochettino's football was nothing special in terms of excitement.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

The only thing keeping Conte from joining the greats is the CL really. Otherwise his record is league football is tremendous.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout

It's Redcafe.
Never understand people painting a picture like there is such a thing as "the Caf" opinion. There is no consensus about anything on here, apart from hate against the scousers and James Corden.

el3mel

Never understand people painting a picture like there is such a thing as "the Caf" opinion. There is no consensus about anything on here, apart from hate against the scousers and James Corden.
This forum has a lot of daft opinions. That's what I'm saying.

roonster09

Scout
Exactly, they read couple of posts they don't like and paint it as "caf opinion".

Abhinav

Conte is a great manager, but not one to really stick around. Would have been fine if we got him but I am more excited with the Ten Hag appointment. Ten Hag is definitely is more of a risk but the long term potential is also higher IMO.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Not sure anyone hates watching their side get into the top four... and I still think they might do it. I expect Newcastle to trouble Arsenal tomorrow. I have no idea where the idea comes from that you can consistently play dull football and get in the top four...

We fecked up missing out on Tuchel and repeated it with Conte... all because the board signed up for Ole's "plan"

Lee565

I wish we had the balls to sign him when he was free early in the season, I am happy we have ten hag but my head says conte is the better manager, it may not be pep style football but he still has his teams playing good attacking football

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I wish we had the balls to sign him when he was free early in the season, I am happy we have ten hag but my head says conte is the better manager, it may not be pep style football but he still has his teams playing good attacking football
and he gets defenders to, you know... defend

Lee565

I just don’t see how any team other than the obvious two can finish above Conte with Kane and Son.
True, i can't see a chelsea side without that precious dirty Russian money doing any better with them losing two of their regular cb's

Infra-red

Good managers make a difference. Conte is a very good manager.

If any of Arsenal, Spurs or United signed Conte up in November, they'd have finished top 4.

Telsim

What Conte has done at Tottenham is remarkable. They were utter shit just a few months ago, even worse than us. Now they are in the CL. Shut his critics up real quick. Too bad we aren't a serious football club and got him despite him obviously wanting to come here.

dinostar77

What Conte has done at Tottenham is remarkable. They were utter shit just a few months ago, even worse than us. Now they are in the CL. Shut his critics up real quick. Too bad we aren't a serious football club and got him despite him obviously wanting to come here.
We would have qualified for CL under him and he would have fixed the dressing room. But we have ETH, so hopefully its will be worth it.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Great manager. Well done to Spurs, didn't think they would do it a few weeks ago.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Hindsight is a pain in the arse. We definitely would have finished top 4 with him I feel.
Hindsight? About half the forum or more were clamouring for us to hire him right there and then when Ole was getting embarrassing result after embarrassing result. Hindsight has nothing to do with it, it’s pure incompetence as usual.

justboy68

He's done an incredible job there. Remember how much of a joke they were at the start of the season? They were even worse than us.