Cop in America doing a bad job, again

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS

just an absolute shithole country
How do you even sort out a police force where the culture seems to be like this? Do you burn everything to the ground (metaphorically, guys, before anyone accuses me of being a hypocritical libtard) and start over?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I think the federal government need to take over the police force. It has got to start from there.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
How do you even sort out a police force where the culture seems to be like this? Do you burn everything to the ground (metaphorically, guys, before anyone accuses me of being a hypocritical libtard) and start over?
I wonder if cops need to adhere quotas. They alluded to stats-juking in The Wire.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
I wonder if cops need to adhere quotas. They alluded to stats-juking in The Wire.
Yeah I guess if they're told to meet this and that number they "have" to come up with creative methods sooner or later.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
It's literally from The Wire, the scene where the cops set up the guy on his bike by giving him cash to go and pick up drugs from the dealer for them and then bust him for dealing.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea

just an absolute shithole country
Nah, same is going on in Germany.
WE got terrorists in prison WHO were recruited by undercover agents. The very same agents supplied them with Material to build a bomb and encouraged them to Plan an Attack.
It probably happens in a lot of Western countries, because FBI is spreading this "knowledge" to other countries as well.
WE are not safe here from such stupidity.

Carolina Red

Staff
Maybe not but unless, there's a centralised system, I don't think they have a chance.
If we federalize the current 18,000 police agencies nationwide, then you’re talking about a federal police force larger than the US Army.

I’m not sure that doing that would make things any easier to regulate.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Nah, same is going on in Germany.
WE got terrorists in prison WHO were recruited by undercover agents. The very same agents supplied them with Material to build a bomb and encouraged them to Plan an Attack.
It probably happens in a lot of Western countries, because FBI is spreading this "knowledge" to other countries as well.
WE are not safe here from such stupidity.
theintercept.com did a lot of reporting on the fbi's work on this.

still, doing it with *cycles* is a different level of madness.

InfiniteBoredom

Maybe not but unless, there's a centralised system, I don't think they have a chance.
Requiring the police to live in or around the precinct they work in, regular surveys from local residents about their professionalism. Increase oversight on funding (no more margarita machine, bitches), ban the use of military grade weapons and vehicles by local police departments, actually prosecute in accordance with the laws any cops found violating them, ban re-entry into the force after you are found committing a felony.

There are a million things that can be done within the current system, but they just don’t want to because cops, DA and judges are a huge racket.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
If we federalize the current 18,000 police agencies nationwide, then you’re talking about a federal police force larger than the US Army.

This would be quite a commie type of decision if it happened to centralize and nationalize police forces :D

I don't think you can solve this problem anytime soon. It's really a cultural thing. People think that if the police is tough and the laws are tougher, justice will be served, but as you can see by the stats, it just makes things worse.

The only way to impose justice into a society is by ingraining it, and that takes a lot of time, effort and public investment. If you impose justice by force it only can be kept by using force.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Apropos nothing, I was looking over the official travel advice for Norwegians going to the US, and besides warning us that Americans like guns, aren't very good drivers and like texting while they drive, it also said to be very careful if pulled over by police.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

Requiring the police to live in or around the precinct they work in, regular surveys from local residents about their professionalism. Increase oversight on funding (no more margarita machine, bitches), ban the use of military grade weapons and vehicles by local police departments, actually prosecute in accordance with the laws any cops found violating them, ban re-entry into the force after you are found committing a felony.

There are a million things that can be done within the current system, but they just don’t want to because cops, DA and judges are a huge racket.
I agree there a host of things that need to be done. But to me it seems to me like a waste of time if one police force being made to go through changes does not mean another force has obligation to follow suit.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Apropos nothing, I was looking over the official travel advice for Norwegians going to the US, and besides warning us that Americans like guns, aren't very good drivers and like texting while they drive, it also said to be very careful if pulled over by police.
Hopefully it mentioned stay in the car if pulled over.
If you’re a white norwegian you’d have a good chance of making it out unscathed. If not, sorry.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
That's absurd on so many levels. That girl looks a bit strange but the school should have better ways to deal with that than having cops handle it.
Also kinda funny that the cop can't manage to cuff her, not that he should have even tried. Where are their skills for talking to people?

Now, because he quit, not fired, he'll be free to chase down more work, maybe in the prison system or fire service in NM.

Tarrou

"fearing he was about to be shot" the officer shot and killed the unarmed child running away from him

The Firestarter

The presidents favourite ethnicity has nothing to fear about the police.

oates

No one is a match for his two masters degrees
Scout
Supports
Arsenal
The police are a criminal organisation, lying at every level to cover up the murders carried out by their members on a daily basis.
There are just too many factors involved such as racism and compensation and the words I have are too inadequate. He was a child and one officer says to the other, 'Nice shot'. What's wrong with these people? All of them?

The Firestarter

There are just too many factors involved such as racism and compensation and the words I have are too inadequate. He was a child and one officer says to the other, 'Nice shot'. What's wrong with these people? All of them?
They are trained to kill, not to police. That's what's wrong with them.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
There a many factors that have led us here, not least the increased militarisation of the police throughout the US. They don't consider the people they are dealing with as anything other than an enemy to be taken down.

Shoot first, don't ask too many questions later. It's always "I feared for my life", even when an unarmed child is running away from them.

oates

No one is a match for his two masters degrees
Scout
Supports
Arsenal
There a many factors that have led us here, not least the increased militarisation of the police throughout the US. They don't consider the people they are dealing with as anything other than an enemy to be taken down.

Shoot first, don't ask too many questions later. It's always "I feared for my life", even when an unarmed child is running away from them.
This comes to mind.

There are four types of people who join the military. For some, it's family trade. Others are patriots, eager to serve. Next you have those who just need a job. Than there's the kind who want the legal means of killing other people.