Cop in America doing a bad job, again

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
He really proved he’s not a bitch by attacking a guy handcuffed to a chair. What a hero.

TheReligion

Abusive
Does every job stop people's pay when they investigate an employee for misconduct? I see it mentioned often on here and assume the general consensus is that many believe you should be suspended without pay during an investigation in any job you undertake?

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Are the american cops really that stupid they do not know they have a body cam installed?

I think big city cop has their own alonso harris squad, and pretty understandable. This level of feckwittery is mind boggling.

They cant be that stupid..can they?

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves
Does every job stop people's pay when they investigate an employee for misconduct? I see it mentioned often on here and assume the general consensus is that many believe you should be suspended without pay during an investigation in any job you undertake?
Police personnel are investigated all the time for many things. Even for a justified use-of-force or shooting, it's common practice to get investigated and sometimes even get sent home on "administrative leave" until the investigation is complete. Until the officer is officially terminated, they will get paid. It's always interesting reading/watching news of police incidents and it's always mentioned that "the officer is on paid leave", and the outrage that follows.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
The biggest actual take home for me is just how despised the police seem to be in the US (to have Pig written on all the cups).
Relax. I'm friendly with all of the Starbucks staff at my local. It's a chain-wide code for Police In Gratis. Go ask for a free drink at a Starbucks and I guarantee this same code will be on the cup.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes

There was absolutely no need for this Call of Duty scene. The jewels are insured, the UPS truck has a tracker on it, why not let them keep on driving until the gas runs out and apprehend them then?

I'm probably missing something but my layman knowledge and common sense says this did not have to end like this.

They'll blame the robbers for the death of the 2 civilians and call it a day I'm sure

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
There was absolutely no need for this Call of Duty scene. The jewels are insured, the UPS truck has a tracker on it, why not let them keep on driving until the gas runs out and apprehend them then?

I'm probably missing something but my layman knowledge and common sense says this did not have to end like this.

They'll blame the robbers for the death of the 2 civilians and call it a day I'm sure
because cops are psychos who think of themselves as "operators"

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Same thing happened in Stockton a few years ago. The cops opened fire on a vehicle driven by a hostage from a bank robbery. 30 officers fired 600 rounds into the car killing Misty Holt-Singh. Her family were awarded $5.75 million settlement.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Same thing happened in Stockton a few years ago. The cops opened fire on a vehicle driven by a hostage from a bank robbery. 30 officers fired 600 rounds into the car killing Misty Holt-Singh. Her family were awarded $5.75 million settlement.
California vs Florida. One leans left, the other right.

Will it play out similarly or differently?

TheReligion

Abusive
It's American culture. Shoot first ask questions later. Not just a problem for the American Police but for the American people. Sadly there is no desire to change.

Last edited:

Nucks

RT History Department
The police in the states need to be demilitarized.

The only cops who should be packing anything more than a pistol, or a shotgun, are active duty SWAT/HRT types, and those guys only get to break out their AR-15's when they are actually on duty with those units.

The entire mentality of the police in the States has become bonkers since the North Hollywood shootout. Restricting them to pistols, will certainly put something of a damper on this gung-ho rambo bullshit, by creating more time and distance to deal with these sorts of things more appropriately.

I really enjoyed the part, when the cop coming in on the left, literally took cover behind the drivers side door of an occupied vehicle. Guy should lose his job for that alone.

nimic

something nice
Scout
A grip on what? Why do we want people like that around? I don't get it.
You're calling for the execution of someone for spitting. It should honestly be self-evident why that is a ludicrous suggestion. What's more, you chose the word euthanized, which I must assume was a deliberate choice since the word one actually uses with killing criminals is executed.

You'd fit right in in Saudi Arabia, or else medieval Europe.

fergieisold

You're calling for the execution of someone for spitting. It should honestly be self-evident why that is a ludicrous suggestion. What's more, you chose the word euthanized, which I must assume was a deliberate choice since the word one actually uses with killing criminals is executed.

You'd fit right in in Saudi Arabia, or else medieval Europe.
Nah, they execute people for liberal behaviour due to their crappy religious state. Ideally we would live in a world without scum like that guy in the video...what advantage does he offer to anybody on this planet? I'd suggest he offers a distinct disadvantage to anybody who has the misfortune to come into contact with him.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Nah, they execute people for liberal behaviour due to their crappy religious state. Ideally we would live in a world without scum like that guy in the video...what advantage does he offer to anybody on this planet? I'd suggest he offers a distinct disadvantage to anybody who has the misfortune to come into contact with him.
How can you possibly know that from a brief video? The answer is that you can't. And your assertion that Saudi Arabia execute people for "liberal" behaviour is funny, since your desire to euthanize undesirables is so unliberal it's practically (or literally) reactionary. I really hope you never get in any position of power, because you'd be dangerous. A lot more dangerous than some idiot spitting on a cop.

fergieisold

How can you possibly know that from a brief video? The answer is that you can't. And your assertion that Saudi Arabia execute people for "liberal" behaviour is funny, since your desire to euthanize undesirables is so unliberal it's practically (or literally) reactionary. I really hope you never get in any position of power, because you'd be dangerous. A lot more dangerous than some idiot spitting on a cop.
It’s the internet. I like talking shit about shit just for the hell of it! I bet that guy in the video is a disgrace. He’ll probably be in and out of jail before dying young from drug abuse or fighting someone bigger than him. He’s a looser, a down and out, the real dregs of society. I’d put money on it!

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
It’s the internet. I like talking shit about shit just for the hell of it! I bet that guy in the video is a disgrace. He’ll probably be in and out of jail before dying young from drug abuse or fighting someone bigger than him. He’s a looser, a down and out, the real dregs of society. I’d put money on it!
I’m not really a fan of calling someone a loser, or a down and out. We all have our own struggles. He doesn’t exactly come across well in the video but I don’t know this guy’s story, I’d be hesitant to judge him so quickly. Bit different with the officer, he’s in a position of power and has to be held to higher standards.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Absolute cnuts. That UPS story has really pissed me off. There is no situation or excuse for deciding to wilfully our innocent civilians lives at risk for some fecking jewellery that’s insured.

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves

The only cops who should be packing anything more than a pistol, or a shotgun, are active duty SWAT/HRT types, and those guys only get to break out their AR-15's when they are actually on duty with those units.

The entire mentality of the police in the States has become bonkers since the North Hollywood shootout. Restricting them to pistols, will certainly put something of a damper on this gung-ho rambo bullshit, by creating more time and distance to deal with these sorts of things more appropriately.

I really enjoyed the part, when the cop coming in on the left, literally took cover behind the drivers side door of an occupied vehicle. Guy should lose his job for that alone.
The problem with equipping only SWAT teams with high powered weapons is that more often than not, they are never first on scene of an active shooter or similar situation. It’s the regular patrol officers on their beat that are there first to respond. And that is IF said department even has a SWAT team since many do not.

I agree that gung-ho cowboy type of behavior needs to dampen especially when not appropriate, but personally as a father myself I wouldn’t want cops to be at a disadvantage when responding to an active shooter at my kids’ school, the mall, or wherever they may be.

fergieisold

I’m not really a fan of calling someone a loser, or a down and out. We all have our own struggles. He doesn’t exactly come across well in the video but I don’t know this guy’s story, I’d be hesitant to judge him so quickly. Bit different with the officer, he’s in a position of power and has to be held to higher standards.
The cops a knob too but he’s been pushed. Absolutely that guy might have his own struggles, I have no idea...as I said I feel like the internet is just a place to throw ideas out there. I don’t take my fleeting opinions seriously that’s for sure!

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
The cops a knob too but he’s been pushed. Absolutely that guy might have his own struggles, I have no idea...as I said I feel like the internet is just a place to throw ideas out there. I don’t take my fleeting opinions seriously that’s for sure!
I couldn’t do the job to be fair. That scenario probably wouldn’t have got to me but I know that I haven’t got the disposition for the position, id be useless. My brother is a cop and I think he has the perfect personality for it. Calm and empathetic

Nucks

RT History Department
The problem with equipping only SWAT teams with high powered weapons is that more often than not, they are never first on scene of an active shooter or similar situation. It’s the regular patrol officers on their beat that are there first to respond. And that is IF said department even has a SWAT team since many do not.

I agree that gung-ho cowboy type of behavior needs to dampen especially when not appropriate, but personally as a father myself I wouldn’t want cops to be at a disadvantage when responding to an active shooter at my kids’ school, the mall, or wherever they may be.
Their jobs shouldn't be to ever engage armed robbers in shootouts in public places. One of the things I've heard talked about regarding proper police behavior is "time distance, cover". By giving yourself distance, you give yourself time, and cover. This allows you to deal with a situation far more safely.

The North Hollywood shooter, as far as I can tell, is what has driven this militarization of the police in America. The Cops lost their shit because they decided to get into a shootout with dudes with assault rifles and body armor. What they should have done, was just followed them at a safe distance until the appropriate units could be dispatched. Instead, they opted to get into a gun fight with their service pistols, until they could break out bigger guns.

Obviously exceptions would be made for areas or locales where there are no specialized units, but the reality is pretty simple. Unless someone is literally about to be murdered, the cops don't need to engage directly, and they can certainly follow at a safe, less confrontational distance until the suspects run out of gas, or otherwise stop in a less congested area.

Arming cops to the teeth, gives too many of them the idea that they are some highly trained operators, and emboldens them to do shit like we just saw. Hose a UPS truck down, kill 2 bad guys, but also pump the UPs driver full of lead, oh, and kill another innocent 100 yards away from the truck or so. The worst part is, in the heat of that moment, that UPS driver was deliberately shot, as he was mistaken for a hostile. You know what would have saved the UPS driver? Time, distance, cover.

barros

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Where liberty dwells, there is my country

Aiming with a rifle is way better than with a handgun and most of the shots using handguns go off the mark by a lot, I think some of them don’t even aim and just shoot.