Cop in America doing a bad job, again

AFC NimbleThumb

Here we go again. . .

Apparently the man was walking on the wrong side of the street. Cops lied about the arrest & gave him multiple false charges.

This 2 days prior to the George Floyd lynching.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Here we go again. . .

Apparently the man was walking on the wrong side of the street. Cops lied about the arrest & gave him multiple false charges.

The sad thing is that many will dismiss this due to who sent the tweet.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Here we go again. . .

I know it's recommended you walk on the opposite side of the road facing traffic but I've never seen it enshrined in law anywhere, let alone have someone arrested for it (by four officers no less!). Chattanooga must be a quiet town.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Here we go again. . .

Oh for feck's sake! :mad: Pigs!

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City

Plenty more threads on Twitter detailing this too. Incredibly disturbing.

Cloud7

Here we go again. . .

Wonder if anyone will pop around to try to defend this? After all, we don’t have “the whole story”

oates

No one is a match for his two masters degrees
Scout
Supports
Arsenal
Great to see two corrupt institutions (police & religion) helping themselves in a time of need.
I'm sorry, I'd like to understand how Religion comes into the story if you wouldn't mind taking the time to explain since I'm a bit of a technoidiot?

Dr. Dwayne

I'm sorry, I'd like to understand how Religion comes into the story if you wouldn't mind taking the time to explain since I'm a bit of a technoidiot?
Apparently one of the properties involved is owned by a clergyman who works with children a lot, my dear oates.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Wonder if anyone will pop around to try to defend this? After all, we don’t have “the whole story”
Give it time. The regulars will be along in 3....2.....

And let's not forget these are just a few bad apples and most cops are hardworking stand-up guys.

oates

Scout
Supports
Arsenal
Apparently one of the properties involved is owned by a clergyman who works with children a lot, my dear oates.
Thanks my esteemed Dwazz. I suppose we could wait to see if anymore facts are forthcoming, in any case I'm not sure if a whole religion can be corrupt rather than a church itself for example or one member of the clergy of that church.

RedPed

Whatabouter.

Excellent policing on display here yet again. Seems to be standard practice.

Dr. Dwayne

Thanks my esteemed Dwazz. I suppose we could wait to see if anymore facts are forthcoming, in any case I'm not sure if a whole religion can be corrupt rather than a church itself for example or one member of the clergy of that church.
Indeed, we'd need to know more and from a source with a bit more reliability than Twitter.

That said there is some history of religious bodies protecting known offenders. Hope that's not the case here as the story sounds quite bad.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Cops were seen hustling the adult inhabitants of the ‘sex house’ out a side door not in custody, but almost like a getaway after apparently doing nothing upon seeing evidence of blood on youth undergarments, etc.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
America is one big horror movie.
The Republican Party are the most dangerous organisation in recorded history. I remember reading that in a Chomsky book with incredulity a few years back. Now, that sentence enters my mind every couple of days or so, and I concur more and more each time.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
That so smacks of the ‘bad apple’ excuse for poor police behavior. The pedophile shoe does fit for major hierarchical religion.

oates

Scout
Supports
Arsenal
Indeed, we'd need to know more and from a source with a bit more reliability than Twitter.

That said there is some history of religious bodies protecting known offenders. Hope that's not the case here as the story sounds quite bad.
Yes, there's no denying that I'm afraid.

oates

Scout
Supports
Arsenal
That so smacks of the ‘bad apple’ excuse for poor police behavior. The pedophile shoe does fit for major hierarchical religion.
I'm afraid you are off on a tangent not of my making sir.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I'm afraid you are off on a tangent not of my making sir.
No, it’s pretty accurate by your statement about religion & not accusing them due to the motives of a few. Sounds just like not accusing cops because of one or two bad apples.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
It's even worse - https://www.insider.com/police-offi...arolina-fired-racist-comments-recorded-2020-6
* In one conversation caught between Moore and Piner, both can be heard using a racial slur against Black people multiple times, and Piner said a new civil war was needed to "wipe 'em off."
-- "Officer Piner then explained to Cpl. Moore that he felt society needed a civil war to 'wipe 'em off the f---ing map. That'll put 'em back four or five generations.' Cpl. Moore responded 'you're crazy,'" the report said. --

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
I was just listening to this podcast earlier. It kind of shows how difficult it might be to solve issues like those related to the police in the US. Although it isn't taking place over there. It's mostly about guy trying to change the work culture of the racist and sexist fire stations in Amsterdam. They do mention some similar instances from the US though.
It's a very interesting listen albeit, extremely disturbing as well, and that from a country I wouldn't normally think struggled with stuff like that.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Wasn’t sure where to put this as UN officials aren’t cops.
But they are officials and this chap is misbehaving, perhaps with a minor?