Cop in America doing a bad job, again

AFC NimbleThumb

Male Cop Strikes Woman During Verbal Disagreement

If he’s in the right why lie about the arrest.

Her face does brush his mask but punching a civilian should never be the answer; deescalation is a myth in American policing.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

Good points regarding training that I agree with.
God, I’ve come to really hate it when the camera flicks to Joe’s gormless fecking face.

From the 5 mins I watched Jocko does have good points about training.

Last edited:

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Time to start a Cops in America doing a good job thread. . .

Erm...his lung is under that knee.

What is that kid, 14 and 110lbs? The officer probably weighs 250.

Anyway, this looks more like a case of civilians stepping in and "convincing" the young fella to comply. I think the officer asks them if they want to come and help out. I guess that's nice enough.:lol:

Last edited:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
have you guys seen that report of a cop planting evidence from March?

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
have you guys seen that report of a cop planting evidence from March?

googled the name since it's been a few months
https://gothamist.com/news/staten-i...suspect-also-seen-weed-patrol-car-lawyers-say

District Attorney Michael McMahon said in March 2020 his office "takes all accusations of police misconduct seriously and in response to Legal Aid’s assertions at that time, formed an independent committee last year to conduct a review" of cases involving Erickson from February 2018 onwards.

A team of five prosecutors in the district attorney's office did a "thorough review of Officer Erickson's cases" and concluded that nothing in the body cam footage showed he had "acted criminally."

"However, the committee also unanimously reached the conclusion that Officer Erickson did not follow the NYPD’s guidelines, and other best practices, regarding the use of body worn cameras. As a result, RCDA made a series of recommendations in an April 2019 letter to the NYPD that Officer Erickson receive additional training in these areas," McMahon said.

McMahon wrote in that letter to Staten Island commanding officers, "the review found on multiple occasions Officer Erickson turned on his [body cam] late, or on occasion, not at all." He also wrote narration comments like Erickson saying "we have to find something" could be "taken out of context" and "misconstrued."

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Squad car footage in third link.

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2020/0...-in-police-custody-stripped-of-police-powers/
Joliet Police Sgt. Javier Esqueda, Who Blew Whistle On Death Of Eric Lurry In Police Custody, Stripped Of Police Powers

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2020/0...ideo-of-eric-lurry-before-he-died-in-custody/
Joliet Mayor: ‘Clearly, There Was Some Improper Behavior’ By Officers On Video Of Eric Lurry Before He Died In Custody

https://abc7chicago.com/joliet-news-police-department-death-in-custody/6312150/
Joliet police show extended video to family of Eric Lurry, who died in custody

AFC NimbleThumb

https://www.newsweek.com/miami-cop-...hows-him-placing-his-knee-womans-neck-1513524

Video:
It's honestly a wonder there hasn't been a second revolution in the US, a real one this time. American police forces are so unbelievably fecked up.
He’s kneeling on her neck & tasing her stomach; what is wrong with that country? Protect & Serve.

Squad car footage in third link.

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2020/0...-in-police-custody-stripped-of-police-powers/
Joliet Police Sgt. Javier Esqueda, Who Blew Whistle On Death Of Eric Lurry In Police Custody, Stripped Of Police Powers

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2020/0...ideo-of-eric-lurry-before-he-died-in-custody/
Joliet Mayor: ‘Clearly, There Was Some Improper Behavior’ By Officers On Video Of Eric Lurry Before He Died In Custody

https://abc7chicago.com/joliet-news-police-department-death-in-custody/6312150/
Joliet police show extended video to family of Eric Lurry, who died in custody
The by any mean necessary policing needs to stop. The thought process that he had drugs on him & they got them eventually so any actions prior are justified is disgusting.

Thank you Sgt. Javier.

GiddyUp

Police in the United States are a criminal gang, and now with their support for the orange gimp are borderline terrorist organization. There are no good cops when this shit happens multiple times a week.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Police in the United States are a criminal gang, and now with their support for the orange gimp are borderline terrorist organization. There are no good cops when this shit happens multiple times a week.
I thinkt there is an estimated 800.000 police officers in the US. I'm all for calling out basically corrupt cops and imposing body cams on all US cops, but personally I don't think it's fair lump all cops in with the worst ones.

GiddyUp

I thinkt there is an estimated 800.000 police officers in the US. I'm all for calling out basically corrupt cops and imposing body cams on all US cops, but personally I don't think it's fair lump all cops in with the worst ones.
Why not? I think we've gone past the point of giving the good cops a pass. They know this shit is happening every single day and they do nothing about it. And now some of them are so butt hurt they refuse to answer calls in solidarity with the bad ones. feck them and the little dick tank they rode in on.

Gehrman

Why not? I think we've gone past the point of giving the good cops a pass. They know this shit is happening every single day and they do nothing about it. And now some of them are so butt hurt they refuse to answer calls in solidarity with the bad ones. feck them and the little dick tank they rode in on.
Well that's still lumping a whole lot people together. Like I said, I am all for rooting out the bad apples, and I actually think that bodycams and technology is making it easier to document police brutality, but if I was a decent cop knowing that the average cop is being demonized in a country full of violence where there is a higher number of guns pr. capita than in any other country, I would certainly find myself another job. But I agree, if cops aren't calling other cops they know are corrupt, then they are not good cops.

GiddyUp

Well that's still lumping a whole lot people together. Like I said, I am all for rooting out the bad apples, and I actually think that bodycams and technology is making it easier to document police brutality, but if I was a decent cop knowing that the average cop is being demonized in a country full of violence where there is a higher number of guns pr. capita than in any other country, I would certainly find myself another job. But I agree, if cops aren't calling other cops they know are corrupt, then they are not good cops.
They need to be lumped together. Signaling out the bad cops internally puts the good cops in serious danger, its corrupt to its core. This is a criminal gang operating as a public service. Murder, assault, rape, child endangerment, robbery, falsifying police reports, planting evidence and the list goes on and on and on. While this system persists there are no good cops because they refuse most of the time to acknowledge their own criminality.

Gehrman

They need to be lumped together. Signaling out the bad cops internally puts the good cops in serious danger, its corrupt to its core. This is a criminal gang operating as a public service. Murder, assault, rape, child endangerment, robbery, falsifying police reports, planting evidence and the list goes on and on and on. While this system persists there are no good cops because they refuse most of the time to acknowledge their own criminality.
Okay, so we lump them all together and say all policemen in the US "are" pigs. What happens now? Who do you call when a crime happens or when there is a shooting?

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Okay, so we lump them all together and say all policemen in the US "are" pigs. What happens now? Who do you call when a crime happens or when there is a shooting?
If they’re the ones committing the crimes and the shootings I wouldn’t be calling them.
Not all cops are bad but there seems to be a code of silence with them that allows bad cops to get away with shit.
That needs to end and the police Union needs to understand what their role is; and it’s not to protect bad cops.
Bad cops should be barred from serving in any police force too so they can’t just jump from one Dept to another when they’re found out.

Make the police union pay the legal fees when bad cops screw up. In an instant you’ll see better behaviour.

Gehrman

If they’re the ones committing the crimes and the shootings I wouldn’t be calling them.
Not all cops are bad but there seems to be a code of silence with them that allows bad cops to get away with shit.
That needs to end and the police Union needs to understand what their role is; and it’s not to protect bad cops.
Bad cops should be barred from serving in any police force too so they can’t just jump from one Dept to another when they’re found out.

Make the police union pay the legal fees when bad cops screw up. In an instant you’ll see better behaviour.
Well as a non-American I'm not going to act like i'm highly educated on the issue, but it's not like Cops are the only ones doing all the crimes and shooting. In the 3 last weekends in Chicago there has been around 270+ shootings. It boggles the mind to think how many violent crimes there is around the whole country. Anyway on reforming the police, I'm for whatever works, but i'm not going to pretend I am educated on the topic.

"Make the police union pay the legal fees when bad cops screw up. In an instant you’ll see better behaviour."

If this works I am all for it, but I'm not going to pretend I have any deep insight into policing in the US. I think it's all worth remembering(i'm not talking about excusing police brutality) that the policemen in the US right now are probably also stressed out by the Co-vid19 crisis and how it might effect their economy and their health as well and that the hostility against cops since the death of George Floyd is somewhat more serious in a country rife with guns. With all the talk of defunding the police, I think there certainly are more them thinking about switching careers and perhaps that is part of the solution I don't know.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.

GiddyUp

You call the fecking police and they come and do what they get paid to do. What's so hard to understand? Is it ok for a public service to refuse because the public are calling for reform.
Any police officer who refuses to respond to a call should be fired there and then and have their pensions stripped. These aren't fecking plumbers and it's not a private club.
You can guarantee though that if it was an impaired or mentally ill POC 15 of them would be rolling up hoping for some action.

AFC NimbleThumb

A silent cop is a complicit cop. Anyone that doesn’t raise their hand against wrong doings from fellow officers is ‘a bad cop’.

AFC NimbleThumb

You call the fecking police and they come and do what they get paid to do. What's so hard to understand? Is it ok for a public service to refuse because the public are calling for reform.
Any police officer who refuses to respond to a call should be fired there and then and have their pensions stripped. These aren't fecking plumbers and it's not a private club.
You can guarantee though that if it was an impaired or mentally ill POC 15 of them would be rolling up hoping for some action.
Great post.

It’s a tough job but no one is forced to do it; it’s a necessary public service that has forgotten to actually serve the public in a number of instances.

The fact the first thing you hear is how unsafe the job is for the police & not how important their job is to protect the neighbourhoods they police in is telling. They’re riled up & sent into communities they don’t generally reside in with the biggest chip on their shoulders. Do the job.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
You never heard of hyperbole?

We lump together people all the time. "All politicians are x", "All lawyers are y", "All bankers are z" etc

Difference is bad cops ruin or take lives, 'good cops' who are aware of colleagues who are bad & do nothing, are also bad.

Gehrman

You never heard of hyperbole?

We lump together people all the time. "All politicians are x", "All lawyers are y", "All bankers are z" etc

Difference is bad cops ruin or take lives, 'good cops' who are aware of colleagues who are bad & do nothing, are also bad.

If We had a "Cops in America doing a good job" thread with "a detective succesfully solving a murder case" going viral, the picture might be a bit more nuanced but I've seen Dexter, so I doubt it ever happens.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
If We had a "Cops in America doing a good job" thread with "a detective succesfully solving a murder case" going viral, the picture might be a bit more nuanced but I've seen Dexter, so I doubt it ever happens.
You're conflating a detective doing their job, with cops who not only fail to do their job but in a lot of cases kill or, use their power to abuse civilians.

There doesn't need to be a balance, nor do the good cops need pity. There needs to be no bad cops.

Gehrman

You're conflating a detective doing their job, with cops who not only fail to do their job but in a lot of cases kill or, use their power to abuse civilians.

There doesn't need to be a balance, nor do the good cops need pity. There needs to be no bad cops.
Look I'm not trying to excuse police brutality or corruption. I would agree with the fact that whistleblowing seems to punished is probably one of the biggest reasons things aren't better than they are now.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
I do believe paying legal fees, fines, and settlements from pension funds and union coffers would go a long ways to reform. It's one thing for leaders and colleagues to keep quiet when it doesn't affect their pockets and retirement, but start chipping away at that and change will occur (there's still so much more involved in true reform, however). Especially when one's dues increase and/or one gets closer to retirement and notices his/her projected retired pay is $3750/month but six months later it's $3630/month after the city/county settled a $6.2M wrongful death suit.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
I’ve been saying that for a while now. When shit gets real and their pensions take a hit there’ll be changes. Until then it’s all just talk.