Cop in America doing a bad job, again

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Even when it looks like a police force wants to do the right thing, the odds are stacked against them. I am certain three or four racist tweets would get my ass fired with no possibility for rehire. Along with being a racist, this cnut sexually assaulted a woman in order for her to get her charges dropped.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
When serving a patron its never right to insult the customer imho but at the same time it seems so petty from the union. Surely they hear a lot worse thrown at them on a daily basis, and that didnt start this year. If that's enough to piss off an entire police union then you again wonder whether some are even suited to be officers. That's not just a US problem either of course. Im sure Harry Maguire would agree.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
There needs to be a massive overhaul including defunding police depts, police unions, their pension funds, etc.
Follow the money and the rest will be obvious.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Cops in Australia doing a bad job

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
That boot stomp is basically attempted murder.

Police around the world continuing their stellar record in dealing with people in need of mental help.

Denis79

Does kneeling on suspect a standard international police procedure?

I don't recall seeing videos of cops from other parts of the world doing that.
In Serbia it was allowed but ONLY until you got the cuffs on. Afterwards it was considered excessive force and could cost you your job.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
I see the city of Louisville is going to pay the family of Breonna Taylor $12m for her wrongful death.
I hope the tax payers in Louisville take note and do what needs to be done.

Dr. Dwayne

I see the city of Louisville is going to pay the family of Breonna Taylor $12m for her wrongful death.
Right? Yet people still argue against the notion of defunding the police. This is exactly what people want to stop paying for out of their tax dollars.

Let the police cover this themselves. It's the only way to make them accountable for their mistakes. Right now it's the citizens who are accountable.

Jericholyte2

They’ll absolutely let the tax payers pay off this settlement, but still not one of the former officers has had a single charge brought against them!!!

And they wonder why people are rioting.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
That's on the mayor then, though tbf maybe his hands are tied on this settlement but they (the mayors) need to be making wholesale changes now so that in the future taxpayers aren't on the hook.
Of course the mob, the police will be the 1st to tell the mayors if the police are defunded or the pensions have to pay settlements, that the mayor's home and daughters may not be safe anymore. That and doxxing (or whatever leaking their addresses is called).
And that time he got caught for a DUI may have to come out in public now. :rolleyes:

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves

Footage from the shooting in Tulsa in June. Graphic warning and such.
Wow. Didn’t hear about this one. Not to talk shit about their tactics. But ATM (ask, tell, make). Waited way too long to pull him out. Not sure why they struggled so much doing so as he’s not a big guy. Nonetheless in this climate i can kind of understand why they were hesitant to use force.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
Wow. Didn’t hear about this one. Not to talk shit about their tactics. But ATM (ask, tell, make). Waited way too long to pull him out. Not sure why they struggled so much doing so as he’s not a big guy. Nonetheless in this climate i can kind of understand why they were hesitant to use force.
I don't think anyone is complaining about the police using appropriate force while following procedure.

Sadly, these cops did an awful job.

forevrared

https://abc7.com/both-deputies-shot-in-compton-ambush-now-in-stable-condition/6421149/

Whats more terrifying is that some people tried to prevent medical attention for the victims
There were a handful of idiots standing outside on the sidewalk shouting after the cops were already in treatment.

The way it’s being reported you’d suspect there was a coordinated effort by a mob to block off access to the hospital while the ambulances were waiting to enter. Mountain out of a molehill from the same station whose deputies just months ago executed an 18 year old security guard at work — so that one of the deputies could join the gang - The Executioners - operating out of the very same station.

NotThatSoph

Pure scum
I just want to check. Who do you think more resemble scum, these people or all the cops involved in both the shooting of Ricardo Hayes, a teenager with autism, and the cover up that involved demoting a fellow officer for refusing to frame the victim?

I'm asking because I haven't seen you use words even close to "pure scum" before.

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves
I just want to check. Who do you think more resemble scum, these people or all the cops involved in both the shooting of Ricardo Hayes, a teenager with autism, and the cover up that involved demoting a fellow officer for refusing to frame the victim?

I'm asking because I haven't seen you use words even close to "pure scum" before.
I’m not familiar with that incident, but after a quick search, I’d say both.
I do, and have, used similar terms.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
https://abc7.com/both-deputies-shot-in-compton-ambush-now-in-stable-condition/6421149/

Whats more terrifying is that some people tried to prevent medical attention for the victims
It’s a non issue as mentioned above. This really small group of idiots were protesting outside the hospital where the cops were being treated. They should have stayed at home.

The police arrested a young NPR reporter that was covering that protest and then said she didn’t have press ID on her when you can see it on her as she was grappled to the ground.
She probably weighs 105 lbs and was being dealt with by about 4 massive cops.
Why the cops pressed on with her arrest I’ve no idea.
Intimidation of the press?
And then to double down and say it was her fault? Asshats.

Marcosdeto

Guess who's back?
It’s a non issue as mentioned above. This really small group of idiots were protesting outside the hospital where the cops were being treated. They should have stayed at home.

The police arrested a young NPR reporter that was covering that protest and then said she didn’t have press ID on her when you can see it on her as she was grappled to the ground.
She probably weighs 105 lbs and was being dealt with by about 4 massive cops.
Why the cops pressed on with her arrest I’ve no idea.
Intimidation of the press?
And then to double down and say it was her fault? Asshats.
mate, as bad and stupid it is what the cops did with that reporter, that doesn´t condone or explain the terrible actions of the people that gathered at the hospital trying to prevent the two wounded officers being helped. And that`s not that, there´s footage of people celebrating and laughing at that attack

Marcosdeto

Guess who's back?
There were a handful of idiots standing outside on the sidewalk shouting after the cops were already in treatment.

The way it’s being reported you’d suspect there was a coordinated effort by a mob to block off access to the hospital while the ambulances were waiting to enter. Mountain out of a molehill from the same station whose deputies just months ago executed an 18 year old security guard at work — so that one of the deputies could join the gang - The Executioners - operating out of the very same station.
do you have better information about that? i mean, was it erroneously reported? i saw this on youtube, about people trying to stop the ambulance to reach the hospital, not just a handfull of idiots standing outside on the sidewalk, and people laughing and chanting against the police while trying to get into the hospital.
I don't know if what i saw is true, but i really don´t have the means to find out.
but if it`s true, i dont agree with you that anyone is making a mountain out of a molehill.

Dr. Dwayne

Footage from the shooting in Tulsa in June. Graphic warning and such.
This is undoubtedly a terrible incident and completely unjust. My sympathy goes out to the victims and their colleagues, friends and families.

That said, we can take some small comfort in knowing that the suspect will face the full force of the law for their crime. Something that we can't say for certain in the myriad of examples where police unjustly kill civilians.