Cop in America doing a bad job, again

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
It's a long time ago, so I probably already forgot about it. But yeah I heard it mentioned.
That perhaps is the biggest protector / absolver of policing inconsistency.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qualified_immunity

That’s just for civil lawsuits. It’s extremely difficult to criminally try police officers. A tweak in qualified immunity’s scope would go a long way in eliminating inconsistencies in policing in many people’s eyes as well as keep a constant focus on the training that police receive.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
That perhaps is the biggest protector / absolver of policing inconsistency.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qualified_immunity

That’s just for civil lawsuits. It’s extremely difficult to criminally try police officers. A tweak in qualified immunity’s scope would go a long way in eliminating inconsistencies in policing in many people’s eyes as well as keep a constant focus on the training that police receive.
I agree. Do you know any good talks or interviews on this topic?

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I agree. Do you know any good talks or interviews on this topic?
There’s a few on YT from both sides of the political aisle.

Many on the right agree with the concept of amending / abolishing QA. You can get the wackos that are calling for the immunity to be raised to a higher, more absolute level, but that wouldn’t help the overall situation. It would potentially cause broader harm to every segment of society.

The Federalist Society, a con/libertarian think tank, has some on YT. I listened to part of one but couldn’t go on, not because of their views as I largely agreed with them, but it’s four lawyers discussing fine points & dorking out a bit.

Gehrman

There’s a few on YT from both sides of the political aisle.

Many on the right agree with the concept of amending / abolishing QA. You can get the wackos that are calling for the immunity to be raised to a higher, more absolute level, but that wouldn’t help the overall situation. It would potentially cause broader harm to every segment of society.

The Federalist Society, a con/libertarian think tank, has some on YT. I listened to part of one but couldn’t go on, not because of their views as I largely agreed with them, but it’s four lawyers discussing fine points & dorking out a bit.
I quite enjoyed the perspectives of Michael Sanchez in this interview on the nature of policing in the US and definitely comes across as the ideal the police officer. I felt Coleman was off when they discussed George Floyd, but I enjoyed the interview none the less. They touched upon some quite important subjects as well qualified immunity, but only quite briefly on that one.

Last edited:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I quite enjoyed the perspectives of Michael Sanchez in this interview on the nature of policing in the US and definitely comes across as the ideal the police officer. I felt Coleman was a bit off when they discussed George Floyd, but I enjoyed the interview none the less. They touched upon some quite important subjects as well qualified immunity, but only quite briefly on that one.

Groovy. Something to peruse during lunch.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Ten fecking rounds into him.

And apparently the initial police report read ‘non-life threatening injuries.’ He’s been in & out of surgery, eight bullets are still in him, too precarious to remove.

This will be quite an audio recording.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Absolutely mental.

also "cordless phone"? We are like in 2021.
It seems we may have gone from a strobe light in a shooting to no light at all in a shooting. We were discussing inconsistencies earlier. This is ridiculous.

Does a ‘gun to someone’s head’ warrant a shooting? Was the cop just trying to give him a hand in his efforts?

Gehrman

"Shots fired! Shots fired! 1 down...... SHOW ME YOUR HANDS! SHOW ME YOUR feckING HANDS!"

Gehrman

It seems we may have gone from a strobe light in a shooting to no light at all in a shooting. We were discussing inconsistencies earlier. This is ridiculous.

Does a ‘gun to someone’s head’ warrant a shooting? Was the cop just trying to give him a hand in his efforts?
No it doesn't, it's absolutely mental beyond belief. I mean if a guy has a gun to his head, isn't this where the good talk cop is supposed to talk him about of it?

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

"Shots fired! Shots fired! 1 down...... SHOW ME YOUR HANDS! SHOW ME YOUR feckING HANDS!"
In no way should that person have ever been employed in a job with a gun.

Cosplaying motherfecker, Call of Duty LARPing in real life.

Gehrman

In no way should that person have ever been employed in a job with a gun.

Cosplaying motherfecker, Call of Duty LARPing in real life.
"He didn't comply. He didn't show his hands after I shot him 10 times."

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
https://www.denverpost.com/2021/04/26/karen-garner-booking-video-loveland-police/

Colorado officers who violently arrested 73-year-old with dementia laughed about incident afterward, video shows
The officers fractured Karen Garner’s arm and dislocated her shoulder, according to federal lawsuit
Video of the Loveland Police Department booking area shows the officers who made the arrest, Austin Hopp and Daria Jalali, re-watching body camera footage and laughing about the incident while the woman, Karen Garner, sat handcuffed to a bench in a nearby cell.

The officers fractured Garner’s arm and dislocated her shoulder during the arrest, her family has said. “Ready for the pop?” an officer identified by Garner’s lawyer as Hopp said to other officers while re-watching the body camera footage together. “What popped?” another officer asked. “I think it was her shoulder,” Hopp responded.

In the video from the booking area, Hopp can also be heard saying, “I can’t believe I threw a 73-year-old on the ground,” and saying he loved watching the body camera footage of his fight with the elderly woman.
I feel a little bad for the female cop watching it head-in-hands and saying she hates it, but this is the kind that should have been reported, and probably would have been if policing as a whole was very different.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I mean, the difference between a person holding a gun to their own head and talking on a cordless phone is probably pretty stark. Stark enough that you should be able to tell the difference at any time, in any light but what gets me is that the cop shot a guy whom he thought was holding a gun to his own head. Like, don't kill yourself bro, Imma do it for you.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Now, there is maybe a situation where if the guy was holding the microphone end of the phone away from his face a bit as you sometimes do where it might look like he was pointing something at his head and the dispatcher might have mentioned a gun but the dispatch should also note that they have the guy on the phone.

This seems like another case of barking random, confusing orders and then shooting when the confused person you're shouting at doesn't comprehend your instructions.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Can’t wait for the lickers to defend this piece of shit.
i) Need to see the whole video, what happened before that could explain the cops approach?

ii) what was he doing out at night? It’s clearly dark and the cop can’t see anything!

iii) the cop could have legitimately thought confused the taser/telephone to be a gun! Common mistake!

iv) if only he complied with the cops orders!

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Seems like Chauvin kneeled on a black teenager during a stop for 17 minutes in 2017. There’s apparently a video. DOJ is considering pursuing further charges.

Mike Smalling

WTF is going on in NC? I can't keep track of all these incidents.
Black man shot in his car by law enforcement. Not much has been released apparently, but sounds extremely suspect on the part of the police. The family of the victim was only allowed to watch a 20 second body cam clip from a single officer, despite many officers being present. Sounds to me like he was gunned down without any legitimate reason. According the family's lawyer, he wasn't reaching for anything and did not make any sudden movements. Not sure if there are state specific laws on this, but the fact that nothing has been made available to the public indicates that the police have a bad case, in my opinion. A total of 7(!) deputies have been placed on leave after the incident.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Will we see the Andrew Brown shooting or can they block the video release?

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Difficult to feel sorry for her in the slightest.

Her lack of speaking out shows condoning of the incident.
I think it also shows the pressure within that "ratting" others out may see one suddenly unemployed, or far worse. Personally, if I were going to expose some bullshit within I'd certainly make a taped confession for immediate public release should something bizarre/nefarious happen to me and have an outside attorney on retainer. In any line of work.

villain

Hates Beyoncé

Gehrman

Yeah this is the one I posted last week I think, there's no excuses for shooting an unarmed person 10 times - it's barbaric. If this guy survives, it will be a miracle.

It's not the police's job to kill people, even criminals - I'm not sure why we've normalised it so much that we're even at this point.
But he had a phone pointed at his own head.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Basically of youre a non-white person living in America and you get stopped by cops theres a high chance of you getting assaulted if not killed?