Cop in America doing a bad job, again

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I've developed a profound hatred for the way these commands are bellowed at scared and confused people. In this case a boy with a dog's teeth in his upper arm.
The dichotomy between how he spoke to the teen & how he spoke to the dog was startling.

You are right about the manner & tone of the mental midgets that seem to pervade the policing ranks.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Isn’t this more of a legal system flaw than a policing flaw? Seems like the court system / lawyers are to blame here.
The whole system stinks sometimes and cops often play a heavy role in wrongful convictions but yeah DAs are the fecking worst when it comes to this. I think I've only ever heard of one changing their opinion on the original conviction in the face of overwhelming evidence they were wrong.

Didn't know where to put it.
I think there's a death penalty thread somewhere.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
The whole system stinks sometimes and cops often play a heavy role in wrongful convictions but yeah DAs are the fecking worst when it comes to this. I think I've only ever heard of one changing their opinion on the original conviction in the face of overwhelming evidence they were wrong.

I think there's a death penalty thread somewhere.
The whole system itself is flawed, which contains the police & the legal system. The narcissistic nature of DAs is very much at issue.

I’ve never had much of a moral objection towards the death penalty, but it would be much more precise & fair (for lack of a better word) going forward now that DNA evidence use is far more prevalent. Commute the death penalty sentences for everyone who currently resides on it. Reset it.

Or get rid of it totally. Wouldn’t be arsed in the slightest if it totally went away.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
My god. Watch this all the way through, the revelations in the last two minutes are even more horrifying than discussed in the lead in to the video...

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Holy feck...
From the deliberate misrepresentation in multiple police reports to the dragging to the racism to the manufactured outrage as to the reporting of the video, the police ain’t covering themselves with much glory here.

I’ve defended individual police actions in this thread, but this clip speaks to the larger, systemic issues found within the institution of policing.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Which is why I'm scared to visit :(
We talk a lot of shit about this country, and much of it is deserved, but it is such a beautiful place. The Grand Canyon, Yosemite, Yellowstone, The Redwood Forest, etc. are breathtaking and worth the visit. Also, the majority (although, sadly, not a huge majority) of people here are good and friendly people. I wish I could guarantee you have nothing to worry about, but the fact I can't makes me sad.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
We talk a lot of shit about this country, and much of it is deserved, but it is such a beautiful place. The Grand Canyon, Yosemite, Yellowstone, The Redwood Forest, etc. are breathtaking and worth the visit. Also, the majority (although, sadly, not a huge majority) of people here are good and friendly people. I wish I could guarantee you have nothing to worry about, but the fact I can't makes me sad.
Better hurry, foreigners. We will kill off at least three of those silly places soon enough. There’s oil / gold / minerals / quality views / inflated property value in them hills!

Peter van der Gea

Likes Pineapple on well done Steak
Better hurry, foreigners. We will kill off at least three of those silly places soon enough. There’s oil / gold / minerals / quality views / inflated property value in them hills!
Yeah, no, I'm good thanks, like @RedTiger, I don't think it's safe for people like me

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Yeah, no, I'm good thanks, like @RedTiger, I don't think it's safe for people like me
On reflection I am changing my opinion. It is no less safe for you here than me traveling to anyone else’s country. I can’t remember the last time their was any major issue with a tourist here. If you have an interest in visiting I would welcome you to do so and I would be happy to provide insight on where to visit.

The Firestarter

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
And it is. I hitchhiked from Alaska till Mexico all the way down and everybody was very nice and helping me all the way. Even a family that stopped for me and the second question was if I was muslim (I was very tan after 2 months hitchhiking and I am sure I have muslim genes being from spain so my features are definietely middle eastern). Later on, I found out how a trumper that family was.

Nowadays, I did that in 2012. After how radicalized US had become and knowing now how rotten the police is in that country, I would not do this kind of travelling again. As much as people in US is lovely and welcoming in my own experience, there is so much racist shit going on and it doesn't seem to go better

Peter van der Gea

Likes Pineapple on well done Steak
On reflection I am changing my opinion. It is no less safe for you here than me traveling to anyone else’s country. I can’t remember the last time their was any major issue with a tourist here. If you have an interest in visiting I would welcome you to do so and I would be happy to provide insight on where to visit.
Last time I came over to the States I stayed with my grandparents, in Roseville, South Carolina...

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
the second question was if I was muslim (I was very tan after 2 months hitchhiking and I am sure I have muslim genes being from spain so my features are definietely middle eastern)
It happened to me once too, although it was a canadian who asked.

Just read an article the other day that said 20% of portuguese descend from north-africans and middle-easterners, should be similar in Spain. It's always amusing seeing people in far-right protests that wouldn't look foreign in Rabat or Cairo.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
It happened to me once too, although it was a canadian who asked.

Just read an article the other day that said 20% of portuguese descend from north-africans and middle-easterners, should be similar in Spain. It's always amusing seeing people in far-right protests that wouldn't look foreign in Rabat or Cairo.
Muslims settled 800 years in the majority of the peninsula (portugal and spain). That is longer than the greeks, the romans, the germanic tribes and than Portugal and Spain themselves as countries. So yeah, big influence in our gene pool and culture.

Skizzo

https://www.kctv5.com/news/local_ne...cle_63d3446c-bbf6-11eb-b080-5758e8a4b331.html

Guy pulls a gun during a verbal altercation where he’s outnumbered.

officers draw their weapons and give commands.

guy continues to hold gun at his side while walking around.

The guys he’s arguing with CONTINUE to try and start shit, with one guy even taking off his jacket.

bystanders all have cell phones out recording and get closer and closer to the involved parties

officers then take control of him with no shots fired.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
https://www.kctv5.com/news/local_ne...cle_63d3446c-bbf6-11eb-b080-5758e8a4b331.html

Guy pulls a gun during a verbal altercation where he’s outnumbered.

officers draw their weapons and give commands.

guy continues to hold gun at his side while walking around.

The guys he’s arguing with CONTINUE to try and start shit, with one guy even taking off his jacket.

bystanders all have cell phones out recording and get closer and closer to the involved parties

officers then take control of him with no shots fired.
Well done by the officers, but that is one lucky SOB. One twitch of his arm and I don't think most people would have damned the officers for firing.

Skizzo

Well done by the officers, but that is one lucky SOB. One twitch of his arm and I don't think most people would have damned the officers for firing.
It was a good job, and an example of the issues when volatile situations are going on, and how no one there listened to commands given, and instead just continued to make the situation more hostile by yelling and closing in, including the guys he was arguing with in the first place.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
It was a good job, and an example of the issues when volatile situations are going on, and how no one there listened to commands given, and instead just continued to make the situation more hostile by yelling and closing in, including the guys he was arguing with in the first place.
It was never about good or bad cop technically. It's about good or evil cop.

Those that shoots wrongly aint doing so because they're bad but because they intent to.

Chauvin training or lack of it has nothing to do with his action. He has vile intent to hurt

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
My god. Watch this all the way through, the revelations in the last two minutes are even more horrifying than discussed in the lead in to the video...

Really does away with the whole bad apple argument so many people try to use. Clear evidence of them doing the wrong thing, yet the institution goes out of it's way to lie and attempt to hide the truth, instead of firing those involved.

Based on the end of this clip, them covering up the crimes, gave those same officers the opportunity to repeat these sort of actions against other people. Any officer caught bragging about beating up people in their custardy should just automatically be fired. Those people are clearly not right for the job, and short term suspensions just means they get better at hiding it the next time.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Can Congress mandate every police offixer in the country wear a cam?

Skizzo

It was never about good or bad cop technically. It's about good or evil cop.

Those that shoots wrongly aint doing so because they're bad but because they intent to.

Chauvin training or lack of it has nothing to do with his action. He has vile intent to hurt
While I agree in the Chauvin case, I’d say there’s been plenty of examples of lack of experience/training, or just made a bad choice in the heat of the moment. Not all incidents where Someone is shot is due to someone being evil or racist. They are still people and mistakes do happen.