Cop in America doing a bad job, again

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
While I agree in the Chauvin case, I’d say there’s been plenty of examples of lack of experience/training, or just made a bad choice in the heat of the moment. Not all incidents where Someone is shot is due to someone being evil or racist. They are still people and mistakes do happen.
Most got called rightly though. At least in this thread.

Pepper spraying a 9 years old, breaking the arms of a demented old woman, those arent lack of training. Those are cruel evil minds.

Training or no training rationally sane people dont dont do those kinds of things.

I know not all cops are bad, alot of then are good. But the number of bad apples is alarming

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout

In the 1st scene of the movie Dredd, the protagonist chases a group of armed robbers(?) fleeing in a van into a mall, where about 2 dozen bystanders are killed in the shootout.

I wonder what the danger to the public at large is when a cop rams a car driven by a ... pregnant woman going slightly above the speed limit.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United

In the 1st scene of the movie Dredd, the protagonist chases a group of armed robbers(?) fleeing in a van into a mall, where about 2 dozen bystanders are killed in the shootout.

I wonder what the danger to the public at large is when a cop rams a car driven by a ... pregnant woman going slightly above the speed limit.
I read about this earlier.

Working 4 You: Woman files lawsuit hoping for policy change surrounding PIT maneuvers | KARK

Some of those comments by TN legislators are mindblowing (not really):

“End of the day when somebody is fleeing I will never question the method police officer uses to stop them,” said Sen. Bart Hester (R-Cave Springs). “I don’t care if it’s 60 miles an hour, I don’t care if its 100 miles an hour, I want them stopped as soon as possible.”
Also, from the article:
“Why didn’t you stop?” Dunn questioned.

“Because I didn’t feel it was safe,” Harper said. Dunn responded, “well this is where you ended up.”
Harper went on to say, “I thought it would be safe to wait until the exit.” Dunn said, “no ma’am, you pull over when law enforcement stops you.”
Also from the Article
“I feel like I had heard that’s what you do, you slow down, you put your flashers on and you drive to a safe place,” Harper explained.

Turns out that’s textbook what to do according to State Police’s “Driver License Study Guide.”Under

“What to do When You Are Stopped,” number one says to use, “emergency flashers to indicate to the officer that you are seeking a safe place to stop.”
Some of the officers have a serious god complex

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me

they're murderous pigs. never trust anything they say. fecking disgraceful

Abizzz

Even if it were necessary to pit her one would surely pit her from the side that doesn't result in her going towards the ongoing traffic!? There's organized crime groups that train their personal better than some of the police forces out there.

Skizzo

Even if it were necessary to pit her one would surely pit her from the side that doesn't result in her going towards the ongoing traffic!? There's organized crime groups that train their personal better than some of the police forces out there.
Theres all sorts of things wrong with what happened, some of which you mention. Although all of that is one direction there in that video. Which also raises the concern of the fact that after the PIT, he has to go wrong way on the highway to get back to where she ended up. There’s also the issue of an overturned vehicle partially blocking a lane at night which someone else could have crashed into. It looks WAY over the speed at which PIT’s are supposed to be done, and they’re usually reserved for when the person fleeing (actually fleeing, and not waiting for a safe place to pull over) is a greater danger to the Public if they continue instead of being stopped immediately. Usually you wait for a second vehicle to be with you also, so that way after the PIT, there’s someone to contact the car/driver immediately.

Abizzz

Theres all sorts of things wrong with what happened, some of which you mention. Although all of that is one direction there in that video. Which also raises the concern of the fact that after the PIT, he has to go wrong way on the highway to get back to where she ended up. There’s also the issue of an overturned vehicle partially blocking a lane at night which someone else could have crashed into. It looks WAY over the speed at which PIT’s are supposed to be done, and they’re usually reserved for when the person fleeing (actually fleeing, and not waiting for a safe place to pull over) is a greater danger to the Public if they continue instead of being stopped immediately. Usually you wait for a second vehicle to be with you also, so that way after the PIT, there’s someone to contact the car/driver immediately.
If he'd have waited for a second vehicle she would have most likely stopped by then, so that clearly wasn't an option...

I think this cop must have had a stroke or something of that sort just before it happened. Either that or he has some car pitting / accident fetish like pyromaniacs have with fire. But even then he would have been aware that this was on camera.

Withnail

I just saw this on twitter. That is nuts.

There was no need to put her life in danger at all other than 'I can so I will'. It's just so callous.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

This makes me so angry. Fecking coward.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Scary how calm he sounds after doing what he did , knowing it's being recorded. You can't separate incredible stupidity with incredible cruelty sometimes.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
I really hope that guy gets fired and the Lady gets a massive payout. Though odds are nothing will happen to the cop sadly

Trequarista10

Scary how calm he sounds after doing what he did , knowing it's being recorded. You can't separate incredible stupidity with incredible cruelty sometimes.
That was the thing that stood out to me too. You would expect some kind of "oh shit" reaction, out of either or both concern for the driver, or concern for themselves. It comes across as though even in the heat of the moment he didn't have any concern that this would look bad for him or lead to any repercussions, let alone concern for the driver.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
That was the thing that stood out to me too. You would expect some kind of "oh shit" reaction, out of either or both concern for the driver, or concern for themselves. It comes across as though even in the heat of the moment he didn't have any concern that this would look bad for him or lead to any repercussions, let alone concern for the driver.
US cops (and those that support them unconditionally) tend to have a mentality that any criminal offence, even one as innocuous as going slightly over the speed limit, deserves severe punishment.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
US cops (and those that support them unconditionally) tend to have a mentality that any criminal offence, even one as innocuous as going slightly over the speed limit, deserves severe punishment.
Land of the free y'all, free to do exactly as told at all times, not have any different opinions, religious beliefs, skin colour, gender, sexual orientation etc

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
It won't surprise me if he has been involved in the death of someone. Too many American policemen are psychopaths.

villain

Hates Beyoncé

There's no redemption for people like this, and like the caption says - you simply can't reform it either, the entire institution is broken.
The guy barely flinches or reacts ffs.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
The reminder to "Remember: Keep it constructive" at the bottom of this thread needs to be removed. It's impossible to be rational and constructive in a 200-page thread full of irrational and unconstructive Pig behaviour.

Skizzo

Is vaping against the law? All their actions were smooth and clean as if it were a conveyor belt.
City ordinance I believe.

On Saturday, at approximately 8:28 p.m., officers were on foot patrol in the area of 12th Street and the Boardwalk, when they observed a large group vaping on the Boardwalk. Officers approached the group and informed them of the local ordinance prohibiting smoking and vaping outside of the designated areas on the Boardwalk.

As the group walked away, officers observed the same male start vaping again. Officers approached the group again to further address the violation. During the course of the interaction, the male refused to provide his proof of identification and became disorderly. A large crowd of people began to form around the officers. The male was later identified as Brian Everett Anderson,19, Harrisburg, PA. Officers attempted to place Anderson under arrest for failure to provide necessary identification for the violation of the local ordinance. Anderson began to resist arrest. Brian Anderson was charged with disorderly conduct, resist/interfere with arrest, assault second degree, and failure to provide proof of identity. Anderson was seen by a Maryland District Court Commissioner and released on his own personal recognizance.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I spent a summer in Ocean City Maryland. The cops there were the most pig ignorant, rude and unpleasant police I have ever had any dealings with, by a large margin.

I think a lot of them weren’t regular cops? In American towns that get large numbers of summer tourists don’t they have kind of trainee cops who help out over summer?

Godfather

I told myself not to go in here again as watching these nutcases doing as they please just drives me mad. Well here I am again staring angrily at my laptop.

Skizzo

I spent a summer in Ocean City Maryland. The cops there were the most pig ignorant, rude and unpleasant police I have ever had any dealings with, by a large margin.

I think a lot of them weren’t regular cops? In American towns that get large numbers of summer tourists don’t they have kind of trainee cops who help out over summer?
Someone on Twitter replied and said something along those lines too. About having trainee officers over the summer to help out. Which seems absolutely mental.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Someone on Twitter replied and said something along those lines too. About having trainee officers over the summer to help out. Which seems absolutely mental.
That was my experience. I was in my late teens and remember getting shit from bully boys in uniforms who seemed the same age as me. They came across as incredibly insecure and angry. Thankfully none of them had tasers!

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Insane and evil. Oh, and the statement by the Sheriff is next level victim blaming.

nimic

something nice
Scout
“In potentially dangerous situations, deputies are often forced to make split-second decisions,” Staley said. “Second-guessing those decisions, especially when the facts are still unclear, is dangerous and unfair.”

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
“In potentially dangerous situations, deputies are often forced to make split-second decisions,” Staley said. “Second-guessing those decisions, especially when the facts are still unclear, is dangerous and unfair.”
That's the one. Not shocked it happened in Arkansas. Cops there and in Mississippi were the absolute worst. Hated driving in those places.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United

Can't reform this
Beyond the cops and DA this section stood out to me:

Everett refused to testify at Crosland’s trial, invoking his Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination, but his earlier statement was read into the record. After Crosland’s conviction was overturned, Everett was granted immunity to testify at the second trial but recanted on the stand.

Yet Crosland was convicted again by a second jury.
You can add juries to the list of things that need to be fixed. HE RECANTED ON THE STAND and they still convicted. Anyone want to place bets on the makeup of that jury?

I hope what Krasner is doing in Philly is replicated around the country, but I will not hold my breath.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Crosland is the 21st person exonerated with support from District Attorney Larry Krasner’s Conviction Integrity Unit, which concluded that investigators had illegally concealed troubling information about the witnesses who accused Crosland and evidence pointing to another suspect.
1. This is fantastic from the DA.

2. Are the people responsible for this being investigated with a view to being charged?