Cop in America doing a bad job, again

NotThatSoph

i didn't address you or any examples you put up when i made my initial comment
You made a general statement, describing how bad shit won't happen if people just behave. This thread is full of examples showing that this isn't true, I mentioned a couple.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
You made a general statement, describing how bad shit won't happen if people just behave. This thread is full of examples showing that this isn't true, I mentioned a couple.
You'd almost think the thread title might be an indication of something here.

bosskeano

yeah you did and those guys should be prosecuted for treating people like that, there is no excuse for it....at the same token there are plenty of examples where Cops have done brilliant things for people only to be overshadowed by those who disgrace the badge and uniform.

i think my general statement is true for the most part though......like these idiots who stormed the capitol building yet bitched about a cop hitting them with a stick. For what they did, that should have gotten smacked upside the head for what they did.

villain

Hates Beyoncé

For anyone who doesn't know, Fentanyl is a ridiculously potent chemical where ridiculously tiny amounts is enough to kill you - we're talking maybe 1 or 2g
Recent celebrity OD's its been linked to include Michael K Williams and Mac Miller, and it's part of an opioid crisis thats running through America right now.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

For anyone who doesn't know, Fentanyl is a ridiculously potent chemical where ridiculously tiny amounts is enough to kill you - we're talking maybe 1 or 2g
Recent celebrity OD's its been linked to include Michael K Williams and Mac Miller, and it's part of an opioid crisis thats running through America right now.
Punishments for dealing fentanyl should be on par with second degree murder & above.

Had a relatively distant family member OD & pass away because of pills laced with fentanyl a couple months ago. He was just 19 & wasn't a huge user, just liked to dabble on the weekends. He unfortunately ran into a bad batch of pills; this is becoming far too routine for too many.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Punishments for dealing fentanyl should be on par with second degree murder & above.

Had a relatively distant family member OD & pass away because of pills laced with fentanyl a couple months ago. He was just 19 & wasn't a huge user, just liked to dabble on the weekends. He unfortunately ran into a bad batch of pills; this is becoming far too routine for too many.
Yep it's being used to cut up lots of drugs, and the street level dealers often times have no idea about it because they pretty much get what they're given and can't exactly shop for the best deals. So anyone who's willingly putting fentanyl into a product that others are going to consume is playing with their lives.

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves
We used to be able to test narcotics in the field with test kits, but fentanyl has put a stop to that practice. Just getting a whiff of it in close proximity has caused people to collapse. Serious stuff.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.

Wasn’t it Fentanyl that also killed Lil Peep?

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/30/us/nypd-oath-keepers-officers-investigated/index.html

Nope, nothing to see here.

What’s somewhat dismaying is that the higher ups are couching their words regarding dismissal of the officers if they are found to be OKs, that this shouldn’t be an automatic firing offense.

Goes to show how grotesquely powerful police unions are that affiliation with anti-government militias isn’t one & done.

NotThatSoph

You'd almost think the thread title might be an indication of something here.
Yes, that, and just the tactic in general.

Just imagine it in the other direction:

"Cops never do anything right, they're all incompetent!"

"What, no, watch this interaction where they do fine."

"Yeah, but I wasn't talking about that specific interaction."

It makes literally no sense.

NotThatSoph

Mercil goes on to tell the officer it's time to start putting people in jail instead of scattering them. He also said, it would "prove the mayor wrong about this 'White supremacists from out of state.' Although this group probably is predominantly White, because there's not looting and fires," he said.
Mercil oversees MPD's use of force training and was a prosecution witness in the trial of former Minneapolis Police officer Derek Chauvin, who was convicted of murdering Floyd on May 25, 2020.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
And then they proceed to kick and punch him while he's lying completely still on the ground. fecking scum.
Utter scum.

Obviously been infiltrated by white supremacist groups similar to U.S prisons.

At what point do acts like this get regarded as Terrorism…? There’s a clear modus operandi.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Doubt either meathead knows what 'paraplegic' means. Apparently his detainment was over window tint...

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Not just cops here, but the entire fecking system headed by an incompetent judge...

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Not just cops here, but the entire fecking system headed by an incompetent judge...

Half these things just make doubt whether this thread is even serious... But every time I investigate these things are actually true. What the actual feck is wrong with people.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Doubt either meathead knows what 'paraplegic' means. Apparently his detainment was over window tint...

This is genuinely traumatising to watch, I couldn't make it past 90 seconds.
I hope they lose their job, pension and the man in the video sues but even that won't be enough. Over a fecking window tint? Disgusting.

When those little girls (+ the other arrested kids) and everyone related to them, witness such events and lose respect for the police & the system that enables their actions - that same institution will wonder why "the community doesn't trust the police" it's fecking cycle that they actively refuse to end.
I wouldn't be surprised if the judge has an interest in the private prison system and is likely getting some monetary reward for keeping it full, beyond that she's just an evil cnut.

I don't even have any words for the guy that @NotThatSoph & @nimic quoted, but i'm unsurprised a racist is in charge of police training, when you look at the above incidents.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
More than 700 cops in the US have died of Covid. Now, with mandates to be vaccinated, cops are getting fired and it's causing policing shortages throughout the nation.

This according to NBC Nightly News, just now.
Good riddance (to the fired ones, not the dead ones). People choosing not to get vaccinated should face all the consequences. All. Of. Them.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves
More than 700 cops in the US have died of Covid. Now, with mandates to be vaccinated, cops are getting fired and it's causing policing shortages throughout the nation.

This according to NBC Nightly News, just now.
It’s been an interesting several weeks, and the coming few will have some drama of who’s going to blink first. My department, and many others, are requiring vaccines and had a deadline of less than 2 weeks “or else”. That deadline has passed and now we’re getting threatening letters and emails from the city that we need to be vaccinated and report our status “or else” be subject to administrative review and discipline (whatever that means). Our union board members (which I’m not a part of) and other unions of the city have encouraged us to stand firm and not give in to their demands for those who choose not to vaccinate, or file for medical/religious exemption.

It’s turning into a big labor dispute and the unions are demanding a “meet and confer” to review details of any vaccine mandate before it’s implemented. It’s required by law to do so if any work conditions are to be changed, which some cities have overstepped by threatening termination. City leaders have really put themselves in a corner with this. “They” and “we” both know they’re not really going to terminate the employment of so many police officers and other civil employees. We’ll see whose bluff gets called first.

LA’s sheriff just recently stated he’s not mandating vaccinations, and leave it as a personal choice, while LA city is doing the opposite and mandating vaccination for all employees. That’s 2 of the biggest law enforcement agencies on the west coast in the same area with contrasting mandates.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
It’s been an interesting several weeks, and the coming few will have some drama of who’s going to blink first. My department, and many others, are requiring vaccines and had a deadline of less than 2 weeks “or else”. That deadline has passed and now we’re getting threatening letters and emails from the city that we need to be vaccinated and report our status “or else” be subject to administrative review and discipline (whatever that means). Our union board members (which I’m not a part of) and other unions of the city have encouraged us to stand firm and not give in to their demands for those who choose not to vaccinate, or file for medical/religious exemption.

It’s turning into a big labor dispute and the unions are demanding a “meet and confer” to review details of any vaccine mandate before it’s implemented. It’s required by law to do so if any work conditions are to be changed, which some cities have overstepped by threatening termination. City leaders have really put themselves in a corner with this. “They” and “we” both know they’re not really going to terminate the employment of so many police officers and other civil employees. We’ll see whose bluff gets called first.

LA’s sheriff just recently stated he’s not mandating vaccinations, and leave it as a personal choice, while LA city is doing the opposite and mandating vaccination for all employees. That’s 2 of the biggest law enforcement agencies on the west coast in the same area with contrasting mandates.
If that is going to be the policy the unions want to fight for than a law should be passed allowing civilians to keep their windows up when conversing with you guys and to demand you stay 6 feet away at all times. If the police have no interest in keeping us safe from a preventable disease we should be allowed to take our own precautions.

edit: just to be clear, this is not aimed at you if you are vaccinated or any other LEO who is. At this point anyone who is not vaccinated is doing it for selfish or political reasons and I have zero time for any of them.

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves
If that is going to be the policy the unions want to fight for than a law should be passed allowing civilians to keep their windows up when conversing with you guys and to demand you stay 6 feet away at all times. If the police have no interest in keeping us safe from a preventable disease we should be allowed to take our own precautions.

edit: just to be clear, this is not aimed at you if you are vaccinated or any other LEO who is. At this point anyone who is not vaccinated is doing it for selfish or political reasons and I have zero time for any of them.
Well, masks are still required out in public and on citizen contacts. But I agree with your overall point.

Carolina Red

Staff
Likewise. I don't know either. My colleague said he'd file for religious exemption. I looked at him like what feckin religion you sinful ass-clown?!
They’ll probably try to base it on them using fetal stem cell research to make the vaccine.

Which will get really funny when they’re asked if they take Tylenol or Advil or… well, basically anything.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Well, masks are still required out in public and on citizen contacts. But I agree with your overall point.
If ya'll wear masks the same way the LEO's in WI do (outside of Dane County) they will protect me from flying spit about as much as a tissue paper condom will prevent pregnancy.

Edit: Need to work on tone as I again used "you", when not actually speaking about, well, you.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
They’ll probably try to base it on them using fetal stem cell research to make the vaccine.

Which will get really funny when they’re asked if they take Tylenol or Advil or… well, basically anything.
Good news then in that, from what I have read, both Pfizer and Moderna were tested using HEK 293 cells which originated from an abortion in the Netherlands. Since it's a dirty foreigner who got killed I am guessing this asshats political sensibilities should be fine.