Cop in America doing a bad job, again

Denis79

I sustained a shoulder injury one night in the back of a police van when I was thrown around & not buckled down properly. Looks like this guy suffered far worse…

There aren't even seatbelts in there. Is that van supposed to be used for hand-cuffed people?

nimic

something nice
Scout
I sustained a shoulder injury one night in the back of a police van when I was thrown around & not buckled down properly. Looks like this guy suffered far worse…

What the feck? All of those people need to be prosecuted, but I know they won't be.

That police van was definitely designed to hurt people. Like, explicitly, not being facetious.

Denis79

Looks similar to the type of van I was in.
When I worked in the police we used vans as for transport / temporary containment during high risk events and such. The first thing on the checklist when we put them in the van was to put on their seatbelts even if we had no intention of driving anywhere, it's not just for their safety but ours as well.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United

maybe if you stop resisting gravity you wouldn’t have gotten hurt. Millennials.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
maybe if you stop resisting gravity you wouldn’t have gotten hurt. Millennials.
I have bookmarked this post as it is the first time I have been mistaken for a millennial through any communication medium ever!

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!

fecking murderers. And this is done in purpose. So many times they have used vans to kill and cripple people.

I'm sorry but if you are a Cop and don't stand up to this shit, you are a cnut piece of shit. No matter if you don't do this type of shit yourself.

Stacks

Did these not go through then? I know that once the crime wave happened she changed her mind but I wasn't sure if any of these actually went through with it

https://www.smartcitiesdive.com/new...everse-course-and-increase-police-bud/617285/

In 2020, cities across the U.S. slashed police budgets: New York cut $1 billion from its 2021 budget; Los Angeles cut $150 million; Washington, D.C. cut $15 million; San Francisco slashed $120 million from law enforcement, diverting the funds to efforts, including economic opportunities, housing, and health care, aimed at addressing inequities.

But in 2021, each of these cities reversed course and increased its police budget. Mayor Ted Wheeler of Portland, Oregon, promised to defund three city police units in June 2020, cutting $15 million; in November 2021, Wheeler announced a $5 million budget increase for the police department. In a press announcement, he pointed to rising crime rates, stating that “Parents are scared to let their children play outside.”

entropy

Did these not go through then? I know that once the crime wave happened she changed her mind but I wasn't sure if any of these actually went through with it

https://www.smartcitiesdive.com/new...everse-course-and-increase-police-bud/617285/

In 2020, cities across the U.S. slashed police budgets: New York cut $1 billion from its 2021 budget; Los Angeles cut $150 million; Washington, D.C. cut $15 million; San Francisco slashed $120 million from law enforcement, diverting the funds to efforts, including economic opportunities, housing, and health care, aimed at addressing inequities.

But in 2021, each of these cities reversed course and increased its police budget. Mayor Ted Wheeler of Portland, Oregon, promised to defund three city police units in June 2020, cutting $15 million; in November 2021, Wheeler announced a $5 million budget increase for the police department. In a press announcement, he pointed to rising crime rates, stating that “Parents are scared to let their children play outside.”
they never went through with it. the only cities that did were portland and oakland. as far as nypd goes the budget wasn’t cut due to defund the police, it was just reallocated for a different purpose within nypd.

Last edited:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Bodycam video being released at the top of the hour…

Last edited:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Can someone describe it so I don't have to watch it?
It’s not gruesome due to the blur, but I can’t recall as intense firepower over as short a time frame. There were at least 6 cops & they expended over 90 rounds in a matter of seconds.

bosskeano

Saw reports that the guy got pulled over and fired a couple of shots at the police officers when they got out of their cars....then the chase happened and he was killed

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves
Saw reports that the guy got pulled over and fired a couple of shots at the police officers when they got out of their cars....then the chase happened and he was killed
Yea the media won’t tell you that though, neither will the twitter mob. Focus only on the fact he was black, and how many shots fired at him. That’s more sensationalist.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Yea the media won’t tell you that though, neither will the twitter mob. Focus only on the fact he was black, and how many shots fired at him. That’s more sensationalist.
It was in the first article I clicked on when I was googling this earlier.

Also, I don't think you need to say more than "90 shots fired" for it to be sensational. It doesn't matter if he was guilty of something. Rodney King was guilty too, but that doesn't make his treatment any better.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Do you feel that the number of rounds shot was proportional to the threat or excessive?

bosskeano

Do you feel that the number of rounds shot was proportional to the threat or excessive?
if you've ever been shot at with the intent of being killed, you're not worried about shot count or how many rounds you need to fire off to kill the other person

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
if you've ever been shot at with the intent of being killed, you're not worried about shot count or how many rounds you need to fire off to kill the other person
I’ve been shot at, yes.

The shot came while the suspect was driving his car on the highway. From traffic cams it looked like a wildly speculative shot, hardly drawing a bead on the closest pursuing officer. The shot happened roughly six minutes before the (I guess) non excessive use of force shooting, the shooting that happened after two tasers were first deployed poorly.

But you seem to think it’s proportional.

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves
I do, with the luxury of hindsight, feel the number of rounds was excessive. However that isn’t as important as whether the shooting itself was justified based on the facts and events known at the time. Was the decision to shoot proportional and appropriate? If yes, then the number of subsequent shots isn’t that relevant. If I’m pursuing someone and at some point he does something to make me shoot him, I’m solely focused on him, the threat. If there’s 10 other cops in my peripheral view also taking shots, then it’s not inconceivable that 60 rounds can be fired, if say we all take 5-6 shots each.

nimic

something nice
Scout
I do, with the luxury of hindsight, feel the number of rounds was excessive. However that isn’t as important as whether the shooting itself was justified based on the facts and events known at the time. Was the decision to shoot proportional and appropriate? If yes, then the number of subsequent shots isn’t that relevant. If I’m pursuing someone and at some point he does something to make me shoot him, I’m solely focused on him, the threat. If there’s 10 other cops in my peripheral view also taking shots, then it’s not inconceivable that 60 rounds can be fired, if say we all take 5-6 shots each.
He was unarmed when he was confronted, so someone fecked up either way.

bosskeano

So you're saying the car was armed? He wasn't in it.
but he was driving the car where shots came from so if he's running, how are police to know he's not armed? I mean he shot at them simple as that

nimic

something nice
Scout
but he was driving the car where shots came from so if he's running, how are police to know he's not armed? I mean he shot at them simple as that
They don't know he's not armed, but they're not supposed to just shoot him because they know that at one point in the past he was armed. In America anyone can be armed, does that mean the police are supposed to just shoot any suspect at will? Obviously not.