Cop in America doing a bad job, again

jackal&hyde

But you said it was "correct." If it was child killers or molesters, you fine with it cause it's an emotional reaction.

So imagine the lawyers of the those guys get that video and he gets off on a technicality or because of that...

But yeah, it's just emotional reaction.
Seriously, it's a stupid thing to say, no matter the scum, you make sure it's by the book so that said scum can't get off for your emotions and then feck up other people's lives because they still roam the streets cause you couldn't keep it in check.
I agree that it should be done by the books, especially for the reasons you posted. The normal human factor, or emotion, will and does play a role whether we like it or not. Police officers in general in most places as far as I know do not get half as much training as they should, both on the martial arts/ physical element and also the control emotions/ de escalation.

I could tell stories about the level of preparation some get based on whatever an incompetent person with power decides. I have fiends that were invited to 2 hour seminars to teach officers martial arts "moves". People that were trained in classical Japanese martial arts that need one to train for years just to get the body and sensitivity to a place where actual technique can be learned. The value then of such seminars? Feck all. You will often see videos of officers trying to submit some suspect and they will look super incompetent or worse, way to aggressive (they are trying to compensate a lack of skill). It is because of a lack of training and the issue here is not with them, the police men and women, but with the higher ups and even politicians.

I also had a mere last week and I'm sorry for some of my aggressive posting and off topic remarks.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
These are tough to watch. Such needless brutality. Sensing a pattern...

Time for COP (Circle of Protection) Protocol

Atrocity -> What happened before -> Should have complied -> “It’s a few bad apples” -> Qualified Immunity -> Nothing happens -> Atrocity -> What h…….

RedDevilQuebecois

These are tough to watch. Such needless brutality. Sensing a pattern...

Another argument for the implementation of national standards of policing and the obligation of succeeding a nationally recognized curriculum at one national police academy.

De-escalation techniques and aikido (a.k.a. the art of defending oneself while also protecting one's attackers from injury) should also be among the courses that count for most credits in the curriculum.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Another argument for the implementation of national standards of policing and the obligation of succeeding a nationally recognized curriculum at one national police academy.

De-escalation techniques and aikido (a.k.a. the art of defending oneself while also protecting one's attackers from injury) should also be among the courses that count for most credits in the curriculum.
Aikido won't work, trust me. But pedagogic techniques are actually very effective and solve the majority of the problems police officers find.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout

"cross-legged, with left leg partially over right leg"
vegan yoga police

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Not really seeing the corner that should have been turned after George Floyd’s death…

bosskeano

this is what you end up happening when people don't worry about cops doing their job

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Been to multiple WMCs on South Beach the same time each spring, never saw such scenes. The mindset of those people is surreal, 'Lord of the Flies' shit. Basically primordial. Cops don't stand much of a chance.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
this is what you end up happening when people don't worry about cops doing their job

Uhm... I think we can all agree there is some ground between doing nothing and having carte blanche to beat the shit out of and/or kill (predominantly black) people. Right? This thread is not promoting anarchy, it's highlighting the absolute barbarity and violence that has permeated the LEO community in this country.

bosskeano

Been to multiple WMCs on South Beach the same time each spring, never saw such scenes. The mindset of those people is surreal, 'Lord of the Flies' shit. Basically primordial. Cops don't stand much of a chance.
i've only seen something like that one other time actually in person....some scary shit really as you don't know if you'll get dragged into it or not as most of them just don't give a damn who they fuk up

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
In my experience most of the police top brass (captains and above) are in their ranks by fecking over people be it their peers or subordinates. So good on the officer going through with his duties and feck the captain.
Hard to be "for the troops" at those ranks or the equivalent ranks down here in Australia - Senior Sergeant, Inspector, Superintendent and above. They seem to mostly be ambitious rung-climbers and company men.

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves
Hard to be "for the troops" at those ranks or the equivalent ranks down here in Australia - Senior Sergeant, Inspector, Superintendent and above. They seem to mostly be ambitious rung-climbers and company men.
I don’t necessarily think it’s hard, but like you said it’s the ambitious power/prestige-hungry types that promote so high. They’re just politicians with guns.