Cop in America doing a bad job, again

lem8sh

This cop is fecked, rightly so:

Newly released footage has shed a troubling new light on a 2011 police shooting in St. Louis, showing an officer gun down a black suspect and then planting a gun on the crime scene.

Officer Jason Stockley and his partner Brian Bianchi had engaged drug suspect Anthony Lamar Smith in a high speed chase. Stockley can be heard saying “I’m going to kill this motherfecker.”

The police rammed Smith off the road, and camera footage shows Stockley shooting five shots into the driver’s seat of Smith’s disabled car.

New footage now reveals Stockley taking a gun out of a duffel back from the back of his own cruiser and planting it on Smith’s body. Stockley claimed in his report that Smith had pointed the weapon at him, justifying the use of lethal force.

Subsequent DNA evidence on the gun, however, did not contain any DNA or fingerprints from Smith.

Stockley will be tried for first degree murder. One of his initial hearings takes place on Oct. 3rd.

Footage of the killing can be found here:
http://usuncut.com/black-lives-matter/7492/

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
This cop is fecked, rightly so:

Newly released footage has shed a troubling new light on a 2011 police shooting in St. Louis, showing an officer gun down a black suspect and then planting a gun on the crime scene.

Officer Jason Stockley and his partner Brian Bianchi had engaged drug suspect Anthony Lamar Smith in a high speed chase. Stockley can be heard saying “I’m going to kill this motherfecker.”

The police rammed Smith off the road, and camera footage shows Stockley shooting five shots into the driver’s seat of Smith’s disabled car.

New footage now reveals Stockley taking a gun out of a duffel back from the back of his own cruiser and planting it on Smith’s body. Stockley claimed in his report that Smith had pointed the weapon at him, justifying the use of lethal force.

Subsequent DNA evidence on the gun, however, did not contain any DNA or fingerprints from Smith.

Stockley will be tried for first degree murder. One of his initial hearings takes place on Oct. 3rd.

Footage of the killing can be found here:
http://usuncut.com/black-lives-matter/7492/
Boy, he's gonna have a great time in prison.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
How many cops have gotten away with it by framing their victims?

Nobby style

Tooting Colombia to Tooting Bec and back again
. . . and this brings us to the Oakland California police department. This is not rogue stuff, this is a (¿widespread?) culture. Unbelievable.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/06/24/us/oakland-police-scandals/

Four police chiefs in 10 days. 28 police officers with allegations involving a prostitute. Five police departments ensnared in controversy. Two suicides. And one teenage girl.

This is the volatile mix that has led to a sexual misconduct scandal of epic proportions in and around Oakland, California.
If that weren't enough, it all happened while the Oakland Police Department was already under the watch of a federal monitor and compliance director.
And the scandal all began to unravel because of the words of a dead man. (cont)

villain

Hates Beyoncé
We'll never know unfortunately. Intentionally framing victims and planting evidence is likely to be rare though.

It's the situations that don't involve killing people which cause more of a divide within communities tbh, and those aren't measurable by statistics.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
We'll never know unfortunately. Intentionally framing victims and planting evidence is likely to be rare though.

It's the situations that don't involve killing people which cause more of a divide within communities tbh, and those aren't measurable by statistics.
Really? You think he just happened to have that throwdown in his bag? He knew exactly what to do because this is something cops learn very early on for these kinds of situations.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Really? You think he just happened to have that throwdown in his bag? He knew exactly what to do because this is something cops learn very early on for these kinds of situations.
Oh yeah completely agree, plus it's unlikely to have been the first time he's done it and he would've learned it off someone else who learned it off someone else etc.
But without facts this all becomes opinion-based.

I personally think one bad apple spoils the bunch if nobody is willing to remove the bad apples.
Others believe that such incidents like this are so rare, therefore they must be doing a great job as this kind of thing only affects ~6% of people, so there's an overreaction.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I'm sure some posters on here will quote some inane police laws to justify the actions of these cops.

This new evidence (gun plant, dna etc) was uncovered by the feds and I cannot for the life of me see how he can get off, the video evidence will convict him surely. If not then America is more messed up than I thought.
Did you not see the Rodney King trial???

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Oh yeah completely agree, plus it's unlikely to have been the first time he's done it and he would've learned it off someone else who learned it off someone else etc.
But without facts this all becomes opinion-based.

I personally think one bad apple spoils the bunch if nobody is willing to remove the bad apples.
Others believe that such incidents like this are so rare, therefore they must be doing a great job as this kind of thing only affects ~6% of people, so there's an overreaction.
We all thought Dave Chappelle was totally joking in those sketches of his.

Duafc

Village Lemon
I'm sure some posters on here will quote some inane police laws to justify the actions of these cops.

Did you not see the Rodney King trial???
I very much doubt that, completely nonsense remark delivered only for petty point scoring.

Totally different situations besides the fact that people were only pointing out the actual, you know, law in the other thread.

Hardly surprising from the poster who believes he has a monopoly on prejudice though.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I very much doubt that, completely nonsense remark delivered only for petty point scoring.

Totally different situations besides the fact that people were only pointing out the actual, you know, law in the other thread.

Hardly surprising from the poster who believes he has a monopoly on prejudice though.
Quit yer trolling and get a life. I wasn't even talking to you. How many times do people manipulate the law for their own gain? We see it all the time in all countries and all industries. Get real.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Don't be so frigging ridiculous.

You destroy any credibility your general views may have when you come out with idiotic accusations like this.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Quit yer trolling and get a life. I wasn't even talking to you. How many times do people manipulate the law for their own gain? We see it all the time in all countries and all industries. Get real.
I suggest that you take your own advice.

Duafc

Village Lemon
That's got nothing to do with insinuating that certain more pro police posters would seek to justify anything posted in these last pages.

Which is what you did. As usual you chat total garbage and then ignore it when pulled up on it.

As if you know a fraction of those peoples thoughts or opinions, but are happy to come in and suggest that they would seek to justify a murder because it was done by a police officer.

Much the same to telling someone they don't get a say because you've invented a race, demographic and automobile for them, you're a total joke.

If it wasn't so hateful it would be funny.

Last edited:

lem8sh

feck you made me old, was that shit 25 years ago??? I remember watching on tv a guy the damn taser didn't work (he was loaded with drugs) and then they started kicking the shit out of him, I bet the officers got a slap on their hands.
Yep 1991, I feel old too :( was 3 when it happened. By all accounts King wasn't the nicest person either, think he tried to run over his wife and nearly succeeded if I remember correctly. Died at only 47.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I know the precinct captain for one of the wards on the South Side of Chicago, and he says that most of the cops have just given up now. There are a few bad apples out there, but his guys are fed up with being protrayed as racist, before they've even done anything. Regardless of the socio-economic antecedents of a predominantly low-income African American demogrpahic, the fact remains that the vast majority of gun crime in the city is black on black. He claims that previously, his guys would be flying down to any calls regarding gun shots, but now, they just don't want to put themselves in harms way any more, in case they get embroiled in an incident which ends their career. As a result, shootings are up 100% in Chicago this summer.

Regardless of where you fall on the politics, and this is coming from someone who is very left leaning, anti-gun, pro civil rights etc, this is not a situation that benefits anyone. I know a lot of cops, and nearly all of them are great guys, doing very stressful jobs. The situation is becoming completely untenable out there for some of them, and I fear things are only going to get worse and worse for both sides.

barros

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Where liberty dwells, there is my country
I know the precinct captain for one of the wards on the South Side of Chicago, and he says that most of the cops have just given up now. There are a few bad apples out there, but his guys are fed up with being protrayed as racist, before they've even done anything. Regardless of the socio-economic antecedents of a predominantly low-income African American demogrpahic, the fact remains that the vast majority of gun crime in the city is black on black. He claims that previously, his guys would be flying down to any calls regarding gun shots, but now, they just don't want to put themselves in harms way any more, in case they get embroiled in an incident which ends their career. As a result, shootings are up 100% in Chicago this summer.

Regardless of where you fall on the politics, and this is coming from someone who is very left leaning, anti-gun, pro civil rights etc, this is not a situation that benefits anyone. I know a lot of cops, and nearly all of them are great guys, doing very stressful jobs. The situation is becoming completely untenable out there for some of them, and I fear things are only going to get worse and worse for both sides.
I keep repeating myself but all this black/white cop situation are fabricated by the media in NC a black officer shot and killed a black man and we have riots there (riots = stealing any store)

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I keep repeating myself but all this black/white cop situation are fabricated by the media in NC a black officer shot and killed a black man and we have riots there (riots = stealing any store)
Fabricated? Well that's obviously bollocks. But there are huge parts of the debate which are not being discussed, which would generally aide a better contextual understanding of the scope of the gun violence problem in America.

Pscholes18

Yeah shes fecked.....you can't shoot someone because you think they have a gun.....she said she had never been more scared in her life....sounds like to me she didn't have the mentality to be a PO....definite over reaction.....once again tho, another suspect/victim ignoring police commands.....when an officer tells you to stop or put your hands up, just fecking do it! Not to excuse what she did, but if that guy obeyed her commands, none of this would of happened.

Pscholes18

She was even standing behind Crutchers vehicle...if he did pull out a gun, she a decent amount of cover, plus the three other officers there with her....she panicked.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
I posted this in the NFL thread, but also posting it here:

Kap on the cover of Time - extremely striking cover:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/colin-kaepernick-time-cover_us_57e4168ee4b08d73b830105c

His comments regarding the death threats he has received is almost eerie:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...-national-anthem-protest-nfl?CMP=share_btn_fb

Colin Kaepernick, the 49ers quarterback whose refusal to stand for the national anthem has rocked the NFL and ignited a fierce debate about patriotism, free speech and the American flag, says he has received death threats since he began his protest last month.

Kaepernick said on Tuesday that the threats have arrived “via a couple of different avenues”. He said he has not reported them to San Francisco 49erssecurity.

The 28-year-old acknowledged that the likelihood of such threats had increased since he began his protest at the end of last month. Kaepernick has been protesting against police brutality and racial oppression, and has not stood for the national anthem since the Packers-49ers pre-season game in late August.

“To me, if something like that were to happen, you’ve proved my point, and it will be loud and clear for everyone why it happened, and that would move this movement forward at greater speed than what it is even now,” Kaepernick said. “Granted, I don’t want that to happen, but that’s the realization of what could happen, and I knew there were other things that came along with this when I first stood up and spoke about it. That’s not something I haven’t thought about.”

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
I posted this in the NFL thread, but also posting it here:

Kap on the cover of Time - extremely striking cover:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/colin-kaepernick-time-cover_us_57e4168ee4b08d73b830105c

His comments regarding the death threats he has received is almost eerie:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...-national-anthem-protest-nfl?CMP=share_btn_fb
He should really be reporting these threats to the cops. Don't understand what he gains by not doing so.