Cop in America doing a bad job, again

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
If this was written into a film, it would be called unrealistic or far-fetched.

This unstable individual (the cop) thought he'd just lay down and wrassle with a juvenile with no arms or legs.... I'm sorry but that's hilarious and disturbing in equal measure, really, like a crass sketch in a for-shocks comedy movie.

If that's not enough, he then goes on to slam the other cuffed teen's head into the wall because he felt like it.

Something like this goes civil courts in America, right? This cop won't even be fired for this?

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Their training has too many militaristic elements to it and many of them are ex-military. They see people as the enemy.
I'd be inclined to say a good portion of them were bullied in life by other kids and have plenty of unresolved, repressed subconscious feelings that lead them to become LEOs to exert control and power over others. And that feeds into a system that protects such behaviors - cops can rarely do wrong it seems.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Their training has too many militaristic elements to it and many of them are ex-military. They see people as the enemy.
But if so many medical professionals were going rogue on this scale, abusing patients, misdiagnosing conditions, engaging in negligent practice etc, causing death and injury on a regular basis, there would be a massive outcry surely.

How come they can be taken to the cleaners but cops are seemingly immune to any kind of repercussions even when clearly at fault?

Cloud7

I'd be inclined to say a good portion of them were bullied in life by other kids and have plenty of unresolved, repressed subconscious feelings that lead them to become LEOs to exert control and power over others. And that feeds into a system that protects such behaviors - cops can rarely do wrong it seems.
I think there’s a healthy amount of those, but also people who were bullies themselves when they were younger, and just remained dicks throughout their lives. If there’s someone that enjoys bullying other people, there are few jobs I can imagine more desirable for them than being a police officer in America.

Billy Blaggs

Flacco of the Blaggs tribe
I think there’s a healthy amount of those, but also people who were bullies themselves when they were younger, and just remained dicks throughout their lives. If there’s someone that enjoys bullying other people, there are few jobs I can imagine more desirable for them than being a police officer in America.
That's true. To be bullied by a cop is almost expected over here.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
If anyone here is a familiar with the Guardia Civil, a lot of American police seem one step away from them. Overly self-righteous and a feeling of being untouchable, with some kind of hatred for others. I've seen the Gaurdia throw someone in the back of their car and punch them for filming them harassing somebody.
They've also killed a guy with their bare hands in front of a lot of witnesses and completely got away with it. After they'd killed him they raided the apartments above to take people's phones who they thought might be filming it. Horrible cnuts.

TheReligion

Abusive
Why’s that?
Yea, her dad.
Maybe her dad is all of that, maybe he's not. Do any of us know or do we just take her word for it as she's ranted on social media?

Families have fall outs, arguments and issues. I don't see why any of that is in this thread tbh and what the relevance is. The biggest actual take home for me is just how despised the police seem to be in the US (to have Pig written on all the cups). Clearly a massive issue that needs addressing with their relationship with the public. Total contrast to how officers in the UK are treated.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Maybe her dad is all of that, maybe he's not. Do any of us know or do we just take her word for it as she's ranted on social media?

Families have fall outs, arguments and issues. I don't see why any of that is in this thread tbh and what the relevance is. The biggest actual take home for me is just how despised the police seem to be in the US (to have Pig written on all the cups). Clearly a massive issue that needs addressing with their relationship with the public. Total contrast to how officers in the UK are treated.
You seem to be doubting her; why?

Police in America have only themselves to blame for the disconnect between themselves and the public.

TheReligion

Abusive
You seem to be doubting her; why?

Police in America have only themselves to blame for the disconnect between themselves and the public.
I'm not necessarily doubting her but I'm saying I'd sooner not take a rant on social media as gospel without hearing the other side. Odd timing to spout all of that off the back of abuse being placed on some coffees.

And yeah I agree they do.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I'm not necessarily doubting her but I'm saying I'd sooner not take a rant on social media as gospel without hearing the other side. Odd timing to spout all of that off the back of abuse being placed on some coffees.

And yeah I agree they do.
It was turned into a story by the “reporter” who chose to shame the original Starbucks employee who has no doubt now lost their job because Starbucks are quicker to respond with investigations than the police.

The daughter obviously saw the story and replied to the tweet. No surprise that then got attention.

TheReligion

Abusive
It was turned into a story by the “reporter” who chose to shame the original Starbucks employee who has no doubt now lost their job because Starbucks are quicker to respond with investigations than the police.

The daughter obviously saw the story and replied to the tweet. No surprise that then got attention.
Do you think it's appropriate to write abuse on customers cups?

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me

they should have put the barista on paid leave for 6 months and then returned her to duty

TheReligion

Abusive
Of course not but I also don’t think it’s news.
I don't know. Isn't it? Have to say I see much lesser things in the news and online.

That said it doesn't interest me. The Starbucks member of staff should be disciplined for being unprofessional and that's that really.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I don't know. Isn't it? Have to say I see much lesser things in the news and online.

That said it doesn't interest me. The Starbucks member of staff should be disciplined for being unprofessional and that's that really.
Well yea but there being other stuff that shouldn’t be on the news doesn’t mean this should be.

It never needed to become public.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
here's some news

I read a bit about this recently as it’s where I live. Seems they were late booking evidence on numerous occasions but it don’t appear as if they never booked it.
It’ll be interesting to see how this shakes out.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Shouldn't be doing this as a cop, and I wouldn't trust him with people at all, but... this was kinda satisfying.

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves
Recent shooting in Hollywood. Very scary stuff. The incident briefing hasn’t been released yet but it’s one of the clearest justified shootings you’ll find.

Las Vegas airport shooting debrief. This one is a bit more controversial with more talking points.