Cop in America doing a bad job, again

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves
If ya'll wear masks the same way the LEO's in WI do (outside of Dane County) they will protect me from flying spit about as much as a tissue paper condom will prevent pregnancy.

Edit: Need to work on tone as I again used "you", when not actually speaking about, well, you.
Hmm, no comment.:nervous:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
If ya'll wear masks the same way the LEO's in WI do (outside of Dane County) they will protect me from flying spit about as much as a tissue paper condom will prevent pregnancy.

Edit: Need to work on tone as I again used "you", when not actually speaking about, well, you.
You just can’t get ‘y’all’ right.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Wonder if he would have been fired if he didn't lie & brag about driving into protesters & actually did so...

ooeat0meoo

Member of the Muppet Empire
My Happy Place - So Don't Be fecking With Me!
It’s been an interesting several weeks, and the coming few will have some drama of who’s going to blink first. My department, and many others, are requiring vaccines and had a deadline of less than 2 weeks “or else”. That deadline has passed and now we’re getting threatening letters and emails from the city that we need to be vaccinated and report our status “or else” be subject to administrative review and discipline (whatever that means). Our union board members (which I’m not a part of) and other unions of the city have encouraged us to stand firm and not give in to their demands for those who choose not to vaccinate, or file for medical/religious exemption.

It’s turning into a big labor dispute and the unions are demanding a “meet and confer” to review details of any vaccine mandate before it’s implemented. It’s required by law to do so if any work conditions are to be changed, which some cities have overstepped by threatening termination. City leaders have really put themselves in a corner with this. “They” and “we” both know they’re not really going to terminate the employment of so many police officers and other civil employees. We’ll see whose bluff gets called first.

LA’s sheriff just recently stated he’s not mandating vaccinations, and leave it as a personal choice, while LA city is doing the opposite and mandating vaccination for all employees. That’s 2 of the biggest law enforcement agencies on the west coast in the same area with contrasting mandates.
My fiancee' works for a county health department in upstate NY. Two of her coworkers (PT) got fired.

ooeat0meoo

Member of the Muppet Empire
My Happy Place - So Don't Be fecking With Me!
PT as in part-time, at-will? That sucks. On what grounds?
Yeah, part time...

NY State mandate that all government workers must be vaccinated

The two healthcare workers had been in their positions for years. Even the vaccinated workers are upset they were let go because both jobs could have been done remotely

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Yeah, part time...

NY State mandate that all government workers must be vaccinated

The two healthcare workers had been in their positions for years. Even the vaccinated workers are upset they were let go because both jobs could have been done remotely
As someone with multiple family and friends who work in ER’s and are suffering through the outrageous selfishness of the unvaccinated I say good riddance.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
The paraplegic incident is sickening and is now making the rounds on CNN International, can only imagine how Europeans view US policing.

What's additionally scary of this incident is the union head sees nothing wrong but the mayor is concerned.

https://www.npr.org/2021/10/10/1044...m-his-car-after-he-told-them-he-couldnt-get-o
But reaction to the body camera footage was mixed. Jerome Dix, president of Dayton Fraternal Order of Police Lodge #44, defended the officers' conduct, the Dayton Daily News reported.

"The officers followed the law, their training and departmental policies and procedures," Dix said. "Sometimes the arrest of noncompliant individuals is not pretty, but is a necessary part of law enforcement to maintain public safety, which is one of the fundamental ideologies of our society."

Withnail

The paraplegic incident is sickening and is now making the rounds on CNN International, can only imagine how Europeans view US policing.

What's additionally scary of this incident is the union head sees nothing wrong but the mayor is concerned.

https://www.npr.org/2021/10/10/1044...m-his-car-after-he-told-them-he-couldnt-get-o
But reaction to the body camera footage was mixed. Jerome Dix, president of Dayton Fraternal Order of Police Lodge #44, defended the officers' conduct, the Dayton Daily News reported.

"The officers followed the law, their training and departmental policies and procedures," Dix said. "Sometimes the arrest of noncompliant individuals is not pretty, but is a necessary part of law enforcement to maintain public safety, which is one of the fundamental ideologies of our society."

His explanation is insane, given the circumstances.

FireballXL5

Well she obviously broke into the van and committed suicide just to make the cops look bad.

Words fail.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
You just know the local police union will come out with a doozy of a defensive statement in short order.
Why would they even bother doing that? They are protected down there.

This will not shock you, but that douche bag is an ally of Roy "I like em young" Moore.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Compare this to the police involved with the recent killings in Norway. The police in Norway are considering asking for an investigation of themselves.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Worst part of it is that the police force that committed this gruesome act will also be the ones to investigate it.
What a shit system.

SirAnderson

Last edited:

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves
So much for rushing to judgment.
so a police officer walking by discovered the body. No sign of foul play but toxicology to be done, so possible suicide or overdose. Mental illness at play maybe.

I get that the family is grieving, but the woman is still suspicious and questioning the blurry video. Looking for someone to blame, namely the police, for a payday. Good luck with that.

edit-I just realized I should wait until the autopsy is done before putting my 2 cents in.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
So much for rushing to judgment.
so a police officer walking by discovered the body. No sign of foul play but toxicology to be done, so possible suicide or overdose. Mental illness at play maybe.

I get that the family is grieving, but the woman is still suspicious and questioning the blurry video. Looking for someone to blame, namely the police, for a payday. Good luck with that.
As someone who lived in Alabama for 20 years I can tell you with 100% certainty that the family had every right to have suspicions. Bull Connor was only 60 years ago. Plus the Huntsville police department has previous. I thought the bold was beneath you, but I guess not.

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves
As someone who lived in Alabama for 20 years I can tell you with 100% certainty that the family had every right to have suspicions. Bull Connor was only 60 years ago. Plus the Huntsville police department has previous. I thought the bold was beneath you, but I guess not.
When it was first reported that she was dead in a police van, yes of course it would be suspicious. I was too when it was first posted. But after initial investigations and discovery of the video, they're saying it's too blurry and isn't really her. I don't think it's reasonable to still have suspicions of the police at that point, objectively. But I'm not in their shoes, so.

As far as the payday comment, I'm just calling it how I see it. I don't blame them at all. It's what anyone would reasonably do. You blame someone for a loss, preferably one with deep pockets. Police officers sue their own city/department all the time looking for a payday so they're no different.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
When it was first reported that she was dead in a police van, yes of course it would be suspicious. I was too when it was first posted. But after initial investigations and discovery of the video, they're saying it's too blurry and isn't really her. I don't think it's reasonable to still have suspicions of the police at that point, objectively. But I'm not in their shoes, so.

As far as the payday comment, I'm just calling it how I see it. I don't blame them at all. It's what anyone would reasonably do. You blame someone for a loss, preferably one with deep pockets. Police officers sue their own city/department all the time looking for a payday so they're no different.
If you look at grief and a search for something to give your grief meaning and your first thought is "payday!"..... well... you must be a broken human being or have never lost someone you desperately love because I know exactly what they are feeling. The grief smashes you in the head. It consumes you. It smothers you and the only thing that gives you room to breathe is the search for answers and to give their death meaning. No "reasonable" person who is suffering that grief is looking for a payday. If your last statement is true it is no wonder your profession no longer sees us as human.

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves
If you look at grief and a search for something to give your grief meaning and your first thought is "payday!"..... well... you must be a broken human being or have never lost someone you desperately love because I know exactly what they are feeling. The grief smashes you in the head. It consumes you. It smothers you and the only thing that gives you room to breathe is the search for answers and to give their death meaning. No "reasonable" person who is suffering that grief is looking for a payday. If your last statement is true it is no wonder your profession no longer sees us as human.
wow you make some far fetched assumptions about me. But yes I’ve experienced loss at a fairly young age, and know all about grief.
Not sure which last statement you’re talking about.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
wow you make some far fetched assumptions about me. But yes I’ve experienced loss at a fairly young age, and know all about grief.
Not sure which last statement you’re talking about.
But I thought you were all about making wild assumptions about others. “I call it like I see it.”, right?