Atlético Junior (COL) 1
Alianza Lima (PER) 0

Peñarol (URU) 2
Libertad (PAR) 0

Vasco da Gama (BRA) 1
Racing (ARG) 1

Last edited:

Raru9

So Palmeiras beat Boca and now they are in trouble to make the next round.

Deportiva Lara won against Millonarios and can make Copa Sudamericana at least!

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Boca will go out I think. Palmeiras will rotate final game and Junior are the most underrated side in SA for sure. Attack is as good as any side on the continent with Chara, Teo and Alvez. Finishing is a bit off at times but in terms of pace and movement, they are high quality. Boca really messed up away in Lima, such an easy game.

Raru9

Not the best game for Boca and Junior today, but ended 1-1. So, Boca still have chances of make the Group 16 if beat Alianza Lima and Junior lost against Palmeiras in the last fixture.

Meanwhile, Indepediente is winning 1-2 against Corinthias. If end like this the battle for second place and Copa Sudamericana's place is gonna be nuts.

Last edited by a moderator:

matador

Matchday 5 (May 1)

Gremio (BRA) 5
Cerro Porteño (PAR) 0

Real Garcilaso (PER) 0
Estudiantes (ARG) 0

Nacional (URU) 1
Santos (BRA) 0

Matchday 5 (May 2)

Atlético Junior (COL) 1
Boca Juniors (ARG) 0

Atlético Tucumán (ARG) 1
Peñarol (URU) 0

Corinthians (BRA) 1
Independiente (ARG) 2

Delfín (ECU) 1
Colo Colo (CHI) 2

Vasco da Gama (BRA) 0
Cruzeiro (BRA) 4

Matchday 5 (May 3)

Racing (ARG) 1
Universidad de Chile (CHI) 0

Alianza Lima (PER) 1
Palmeiras (BRA) 3

Santa Fe (COL) 0
River Plate (ARG) 1

The Strongest (BOL) 1
Libertad (PAR) 3

Last edited:

matador

Matchday 5 results (May 15)

Defensor Sporting (URU) 0
Cerro Porteño (PAR) 1

Delfín (ECU) 1
Atlético Nacional (COL) 0

Colo Colo (CHI) 2
Bolívar (BOL) 0

Monagas SC (VEN) 1
Gremio (BRA) 2

Matchday 5 results (May 16)

Boca Juniors (ARG) 5
Alianza Lima (PER) 0

Flamengo (BRA) 2
Emelec (ECU) 0

Palmeiras (BRA) 3
Atlético Junior (COL) 1

Matchday 5 results (May 17)

Libertad (PAR) 0
Atlético Tucumán (ARG) 0

Peñarol (URU) 2
The Strongest (BOL) 0

Deportivo Lara (VEN) 2
Corinthians (BRA) 7

Millonarios (COL) 1
Independiente (ARG) 1

Cal?

CR7 fan
Surprised that Palmeiras didn't throw that last game to knock Boca out.

IFC 1905

Independiente is the most robbed team by the Conmebol since the last year.

This year in the Libertadores, we played 2 games against Corinthians and in both games there were goals anulated by a non existent offisde, and a clear handball at the Corinthians area.

Yesterday vs Millonarios, there was a goal again not conceded due to a non existent offside.

I don't understand what the hell is going on but it's kinda serious right now.

matador

Matchday 6 Results (May 22)

Cruzeiro (BRA) 2
Racing (ARG) 1

Universidad de Chile (CHI) 0
Vasco da Gama (BRA) 2

Matchday 6 Results (May 23)

Cerro Porteño (PAR) 3
Monagas SC (VEN) 2

Gremio (BRA) 1
Defensor Sporting (PAR) 0

EMELEC (ECU) 0
Santa Fe (COL) 3

River Plate (ARG) 0
Flamengo (BRA) 0

Matchday 6 Results (May 24)

Estudiantes (ARG) 3
Nacional (URU) 1

Santos (BRA) 0
Garcilaso (PER) 0

Colo Colo (CHI) 0

Bolívar (BOL) 2
Delfín (ECU) 1

Corinthians (BRA) 0
Millonarios (COL) 1

Independiente (ARG) 2
Deportivo Lara (VEN) 0

Charles Miller

Flamengo es el club mas pecho frio de la historia:lol: Unico de los grandes de Brasil a no liderar su grupo.

Corinthians was one of the favorites but lost they coach this week to some arab club and i think they are out.

Santos are a bunch of U-20. I cant see them going too far.

Cruzeiro is strong in the paper but with a super defensive coach who will park the bus at home if they are winning 1-0. And they will probably lose De Arrascaeta and Lucas Silva.

Favorites now are Palmeiras, Gremio, Boca, River and Racing if they can keep their players. Maybe Atletico Nacional from colombia can be a surprise.

matador

The draw for the round of 16 will be held on 4 June 2018, 20:00 PYT (UTC−4), at the CONMEBOL Convention Centre in Luque, Paraguay. For the round of 16, the 16 teams are drawn into eight ties (A–H) between a group winner (Pot 1) and a group runner-up (Pot 2), with the group winners hosting the second leg. Teams from the same association or the same group can be drawn into the same tie.

Pot 1:
  • Palmeiras (BRA)
  • Gremio (BRA)
  • Libertad (PAR)
  • River Plate (ARG)
  • Cruzeiro (BRA)
  • Corinthians (BRA)
  • Atlético Nacional (COL)
  • Santos (BRA)
Pot 2:
  • Cerro Porteño (PAR)
  • Racing (ARG)
  • Flamengo (BRA)
  • Independiente (ARG)
  • Atlético Tucumán (ARG)
  • Boca Juniors (ARG)
  • Estudiantes de la Plata (ARG)
  • Colo Colo (CHI)

IFC 1905

This is the best Copa Libertadores since like...I don't know. All 6 argentine teams went through the group stages, and there will be 6 brazilians and 6 argentinian teams. And out of the 18 teams, I think 15 have won the Copa before.

:drool::drool::drool:

And Yesterday AGAIN we've got a goal anulated due to an inexistent offside :lol: It's hilarious now. If we weren't robbe the group would've gone at least like this:

Independiente 13
Corinthians 8
Millonarios 7
Lara 6

We should've tied with Corinthians at home (+1 point for us, -2 for Corinthians)
And we should've beat Millonarios (+2 points for us, -1 for Millonarios)

Here you've got all 4 cancelled goals

BW, yesterday we played with a limited edition shirt celebrating the 1948 champions

Vicente De La Mata, one of the most skilled players in Argentina's history.

Charles Miller

There is this banker Leila Pinheiro, top inversor in Palmeiras, who is trying to do a Mairicio Macri and be president of the club in 2019. Apparently her group will sign some top players to win the Copa.

IFC 1905

There is this banker Leila Pinheiro, top inversor in Palmeiras, who is trying to do a Mairicio Macri and be president of the club in 2019. Apparently her group will sign some top players to win the Copa.

For the sake of Brazil, I hope he doesn't end up being the Nations President as Macri

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
Any english translated site where I can look who are the best/most promising players in South America? What is going on in the competitions, who are the favourites etc

When there were reports about some european sides buying Paulinho or Lautaro Martinez, many people raved about them big time. I guess some of them watch u-tournaments, but I doubt many of them watch Copa L./Brazilian League/Argentinian League. I certainly can‘t because of not enough time:wenger:

Charles Miller

Any english translated site where I can look who are the best/most promising players in South America? What is going on in the competitions, who are the favourites etc

When there were reports about some european sides buying Paulinho or Lautaro Martinez, many people raved about them big time. I guess some of them watch u-tournaments, but I doubt many of them watch Copa L./Brazilian League/Argentinian League. I certainly can‘t because of not enough time:wenger:
I dont know any site in English, mate. There's Tim Vickery who you can follow and he is reliable. Also if you go to those major Real Madrid or Barca forums and take a look in the threads about young players, they have threads for pretty much every new Brazilian/Argentinian kid arriving.

I would tell you to look for Rodrygo Goes(17) and Lautaro Martinez. But Lautaro signed for Inter. Another one is Lucas Paqueta - Flamengo midfielder; Eder Militao - Sao Paulo rb. Pavon - Boca Juniors winger. Pedrinho - Corinthians midfielder.

IFC 1905

Best Players from Argentina: Meza (who is not young tbh), Cristian Pavon, Martin Benitez, Alan Franco, Fabricio Bustos, Saracchi, and you can stop counting at the moment.

By the way, every time Boca had to face Libertad, they won the Cup. And everytime Independiente played Santos at any Cup went through, four times. 3 times crowned Champions (Libertadores 1964, Supercopa 1994, Supercopa 1995) We got into the 1993 Supercopa and we lost to....Boca Juniors.

So, who knows? A final between us would be incredible, since there's a debate about who's the King of Cups. Independiente with 7 Libertadores, Boca with 6 but with more International trophies (one more, and very discussed due to it's value).

Charles Miller

Don't think River will Racing but anyways, Holan has almost always beaten Gallardo in these days. And Gremio robbed us well and coudln't beat us in the Recopa.
They played without Arthur both games. When he is not playing is like that second half against Lanus in the final of Libertadores.

Also the season in Brazil is the contrary of other football countries. Independientes was in the middle of Argentinian league and in the peak of form. Gremio was backing from vacations. They played suplentes en la liga estadual y la final de la Recopa fué solo el tercero juego con los titulares.

Last edited:

IFC 1905

Lanus played way better than gremio in Brazil. Their goal was a lucky one.

And Arthur played.

Independiente in the middle of the argentinian league? It was our fisrt game since december...in february...without Barco and Tagliafico, and with the new ones who signed like a couple days before.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea

Most just watch YouTube videos and proclaim to have watched every game they've ever played.

Interesting draw, some decent ties. Gremio going to be tough to knock out for anyone over two legs, so solid at the back. Couple of players been linked with moves to Europe though, guess that will effect then if someone leaves.

Copa sudamerica draw was made as well, unsure if anyone else follows that.

matador

Well, Copa Libertadores is officially back this week.

Home Games this week:

Estudiantes de La Plata (ARG) 2
Gremio (BRA) 1

Boca Jrs (ARG) 2
Libertad (PAR) 0

Colo Colo (CHI) 1
Corinthians (BRA) 0

Flamengo (BRA) 0
Cruzeiro (BRA) 2

Racing (ARG) 0
River Plate (ARG) 0

Upset alert
Atlético Tucumán (ARG) 2

Cerro Porteño (PAR) 0
Palmeiras (BRA) 2

the_irish123

So a huge scandal just happened this week, it didn't get a lot of traction in European news.

Long story short, South America's "Champions League" knockout stage has commenced. Santos played Independiente in Ro16 last week. Minutes after they got a draw away from home, it came to surface that their recently purchased midfielder Sanchez (same who played WC for Uruguay) had a red card in his last CONMEBOL game which was in 2015, in Copa Sudamericana, and thus was ineligeble to play.

Santos used the computerized system called COMET. The COMET system shows Sanchez his suspension in 2015, but that he had zero games to serve since May 2018.

Minutes after the game, CONMEBOL made a statement they were opening a case against Santos to overturn the game 3-0 in favor of Independiente.

Now comes the cluster feck... In search for solid proof that Santos was at fault, CONMEBOL posted a PDF that was sent to all teams in 2016, after the amnesty of that year, showing all suspended players, and their games to serve. Apart from showing Sanchez, there was also a player who played in this month's Ro16 and nobody noticed, Bruno Zuculini, for River Plate against Racing Club.

He had two games to serve, from a 2013 suspension, in Copa Sudamericana. So basically River Plate played 7 (!!) games with an irregular player in this year's Libertadores. But here is the thing: CONMEBOL said River Plate would not be punished, and did so in a very rapid time frame.

So after this very shady lack of equalify of treatment from CONMEBOL, the Court of Arbitration of Sport from USA said they will intervene in the competition and it is risked to be suspended for a while, when they sort all this thing out.

Major shady points : There is a strong rumor a CONMEBOL official knew about Sanchez situation before the game, but waited for Santos to include him anyways.

The 'letter' which exempts River Plate (eventhough it doesn't) was written by a dead person.

Why was River Plate's case resolved in less than 7 hours, when Santos' and San Lorenzo's (last month) took more than 1 week.

Anywyas, lets wait for the next chapters! CAS may find some skeletons if they dig deep enough. I hope they have the green light to do so! CONMEBOL is the worst..

Last edited: