Copa Libertadores

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
I'm following the game but can't watch it. I see Santa Fe have had 20 shots, 5 on target - has Perez had to make any good saves or anything?
Nah, they didn’t test him at all. Really poor performance from Santa Fe (but they aren’t very good at all anyway). Should really have been testing Perez much more than they did.

Bertie Wooster

Nah, they didn’t test him at all. Really poor performance from Santa Fe (but they aren’t very good at all anyway). Should really have been testing Perez much more than they did.
Thanks.

Awful effort by Santa Fe by the sounds of it. And a great effort by River. I know they're a much bigger club, but plenty of upsets happen in one off games - and that's without the bigger team having to play an injured outfield player in goal all the match!

Pocho

River pure class and guts. Conmebol is idiotic. 21 Covid cases and made them play like if everything was normal. Bunch of idiots

Charlie Foley

Boca 2-0 up at half time and looking good. Santos levelled after a sloppy rebound from the Barcelona keeper right before halftime, 1-1 there but they’re fecked if Boca win

Charlie Foley

:lol: :lol: I’ll have to find a video of that miss, he slipped and skied it. Boca have a chance to equalise

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Winning pen might be the best I've ever seen. Keeper went from zero to hero, huge error for the diss goal and then saves 2 pens and hammers that in.

Charlie Foley

Flamengo storm into the semi 9-2 on aggregate. Right now mineiro are 2-0 up at half time against River, 3-0 on aggregate. Zaracho (a really nice player, was at Racing Club, also great for me on FM2020 ) and Hulk (that one) with the goals, the latter an exquisite chip

Uniquim

Atlético Mineiro looked pretty good last year too, but they didn't have the squad depth to go all the way in the league. They've addressed that for this season.
Genuine contenders for both Libertadores & the league. They beat Palmeiras, last years Libertadores champions at the weekend to go 5 clear in the league.
Up against Palmeiras in the semi finals too. Going to be good.

Hoping Barcelona squeeze through Fluminense to make the semi finals tbh. 4 Brazilian teams isn't good.

Charlie Foley

Yeah, I watched both games last night. Mineiro looks pretty good.
Atlético Mineiro looked pretty good last year too, but they didn't have the squad depth to go all the way in the league. They've addressed that for this season.
Genuine contenders for both Libertadores & the league. They beat Palmeiras, last years Libertadores champions at the weekend to go 5 clear in the league.
Up against Palmeiras in the semi finals too. Going to be good.

Hoping Barcelona squeeze through Fluminense to make the semi finals tbh. 4 Brazilian teams isn't good.
Yeah Mineiro look really strong. Diego Costa there now. I have a good friend from Belo Horizonte who tells me a really wealthy guy from the city has been putting a lot of money into them. I think I’ve said in here I really like Zaracho, he brings good energy, and Hulk’s goal record is very solid this year.

Fluminense looked terrible last night, going out on away goals really flattered them. Barcelona had several chances at 1-0 (what a touch for that goal feck me) including one incredible save by the Fluminense keeper. I know Fred has been getting goals this year but…he’s still Fred.

Charlie Foley

Palmeiras just equalised in the second leg, 1-1. Mineiro might rue not scoring in the first leg they dominated: they have to score or they’re out.

Flamengo hold a 2-0 lead in the other semi final

Charlie Foley

Bruno Henrique scored both in the first leg and has another tonight. 3-0 on aggregate now. Talk about decisive.

I was really hoping for a Mineiro-Flamengo shootout in the final but not to be. Hopefully Flamengo can do it

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Bruno Henrique scored both in the first leg and has another tonight. 3-0 on aggregate now. Talk about decisive.

I was really hoping for a Mineiro-Flamengo shootout in the final but not to be. Hopefully Flamengo can do it
Flamengo will win it. Palmeiras under Abel never won against Flamengo, if I'm not mistaken.

Charlie Foley

Mineiro actually played better overall, they just had bad luck.
Agreed. Though whether it’s bad luck or poor finishing (we can say Palmeiras had good luck, sure, that their opponents missed all those chances) in the first leg…I actually was worried for Mineiro after that match that it would come back to bite them. They should definitely have scored at least one away goal.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Agreed. Though whether it’s bad luck or poor finishing (we can say Palmeiras had good luck, sure, that their opponents missed all those chances) in the first leg…I actually was worried for Mineiro after that match that it would come back to bite them. They should definitely have scored at least one away goal.
They had tough luck: that Hulk's PK on the post was really unlucky. I think they will probably win Serie A if they don't get many injuries: their starting 11 is quite good overall, Arana is probably the best LB of the league.

I hope so! Their attacking options are incredible
I don't see Palmeiras with their rective and passive style to stop Flamengo. If you want to stop Flamengo you got to press high so the ball won't reach the final third where they have playes who trhive on small spaces, like Gabigol, Henrique, Michael, Arrascaeta, etc.

Palmeiras defends too deep and leting players so creative have so much time on the ball is usually a receipe for defeat.

Charlie Foley

They had tough luck: that Hulk's PK on the post was really unlucky. I think they will probably win Serie A if they don't get many injuries: their starting 11 is quite good overall, Arana is probably the best LB of the league.

I don't see Palmeiras with their rective and passive style to stop Flamengo. If you want to stop Flamengo you got to press high so the ball won't reach the final third where they have playes who trhive on small spaces, like Gabigol, Henrique, Michael, Arrascaeta, etc.

Palmeiras defends too deep and leting players so creative have so much time on the ball is usually a receipe for defeat.
Agree with all of this although I don’t feel like hitting the post is bad luck. At least not for Hulk, but maybe for the rest of the team. It’s more lucky for Palmeiras (as it’s out of their control) than unlucky for Hulk/Mineiro, because Hulk simply wasn’t accurate enough with his penalty.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Damn, the manchester united curse is so bad it's costing flamengo the libertadores :lol: