Copa Oro aka Gold Cup

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I don't know TBH. Frankly, he has been dissapointing in regards that he has failed to achieve a solid playing style and has underperformed against stronger teams, although to his defense this generation of Mexican players has gotten older and not much new talent has been developed. But I think he should have won this competition nonetheless.

As for a sacking... The Mexican Olympic team does exhibit good talent and results and U23 it's a good standard for international football. If the Mexican Olympic team manages to win or reach the final of the Men's tournament then I could vouch for Jaime Lozano replacing Tata.

But my opinion is that Tata is another victim of Mexico's football problems... As long as teams do not invest in young talent, keep playing in USA exclusively with Concacaf lower teams just to make profit and players worry more about salary than into their development and go to Europe... There's little he can change. Also, I'm kinda surprised. Mexico supposedly left Copa America because Concacaf did not allow Mexico to play with a B side in Gold Cup, and now USA plays B side without any issues.
Hypocrisy in CONCACAF? :lol:

I agree with you on the talent development front for Mexico as it seems that something is off about your current young crop. We are dealing with it now with what is essentially a missing generation in between the Bradley/Altidore crew and the new kids. It is making things difficult as we lack leadership now, but hopefully can overcome that in time. Hopefully things improve for ya'll. I am likely in minority but I love it when Mexico is as good or better than us. It helps both teams.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Is this the perfect storm for Atlanta United to get Tata back?

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Rumors about Fonseca coming. Not sure I would like this appointment
I saw an alert he had turned us down. Between work/COVID/and Heinze I have only watched a few games this year so I don't have a feel for what type of style/formation would suit us best. Robinson looked fantastic in the cup and Bello was pretty good in the final.

As an aside you might find interesting. I did some consulting work in 2019 with a guy who had been in MLS/USL for a decade or so and we got to talking about Atl Utd's academy. He was effusive in his praise for Robinson and Bello, but when I mentioned Carlton he just shook his head and said "what a fecking waste of talent". He wouldn't get into it more other than to say he was a good kid, but that he was just wasting his gift.