Coronavirus Draft - R1 - 2mufc0 vs Harms

With players at their career peak, who would win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
I would have played Brehme on the left and Maldini on the right. Rivaldo would be so much better with an overlapper. I don't mind Jairzinho without one and Maldini can still offer decent support. I also like the idea of Maldini facing the opposition's best player. That is about it on team 2mufc0. I think the rest of the team is built very well. I am somewhere in between on the heading debate. Partly agree with harms and partly with 2mufc0. Say the cross is coming from the side where Brehme is defending, its alright. You have Gentile and Maldini. But if its coming from the side where Maldini is defending, you only have Gentile in the box who was good in the air (I wouldn't even say great for Italian standards) and that is a big concern.

On team harms, Zico/Edwards/Bastian is too good, both on and off the ball. I think Rivera/Robson/Bozsik falls short off the ball. While in the modern era, I think Bozsik would have played with an holder, even in the 50's he played with a holder Zakarias alongside him. I hate to repeat the same thing again, but that midfield is not balanced in my eyes. I know harms would disagree as always, so lets leave it there. Other than that, his team is ace as well. I agree Chumpitaz is an excellent fit for Zico.

I think I will vote on this tomorrow unlike the other two games. This one is very close.

Last edited:

GodShaveTheQueen

Personally, I was more afraid of this set up, which would've covered more or less every area:
Brehme - Maldini - Picchi - Gentile
Yea you are right, this is so much better. Dont know how I missed this.

I'd make this tactical change immediately if I was @2mufc0

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I'd make this tactical change immediately if I was @2mufc0
I think we got rid of the in-game tactical change option a while ago. I may be wrong, but it doesn't really work in a draft format since a thread doesn't follow a 90-minute football match scenario.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Personally, I was more afraid of this set up, which would've covered more or less every area:
Brehme - Maldini - Picchi - Gentile
That may have won the game for 2mufc0. My vote certainly.

harms

Staff
Thankfully, there's no evidence that his current set up would struggle with aerial threat! ;)

GodShaveTheQueen

I think we got rid of the in-game tactical change option a while ago. I may be wrong, but it doesn't really work in a draft format since a thread doesn't follow a 90-minute football match scenario.
2mufc0 just put in a request for tactical change. From the draft OP, I did allow tactical changes in game.

Not sure how you feel about this, so haven't updated his formation just yet.

There shall be no subs during the game, but tactical changes are permitted.

harms

Staff
As you wish, you're the draft master after all. I think we should keep in mind that Gullit & Kocsis had already scored 3 goals each anyway.

GodShaveTheQueen

Added @2mufc0 's new tactics in the OP as the rules do allow it (I just copy pasted from the last draft OP, not my mistake).

Sorry @harms . That was tactical genius though, I'll give you that.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Yeah, that's the thing though. If you are doing tactical change in the middle of the game, something went wrong.

harms

Staff
We had a huge debate about subs and tactical changes some time ago and figured that they simply don't work, as we don't have any real correlation between the in-game time and the votes. How do we set a change time? How many goals were scored before the change? Etc.

harms

Staff
Yeah, that's the thing though. If you are doing tactical change in the middle of the game, something went wrong.
:drool:

I like that he refused to admit that it was the problem, but jumped right into the chance to fix it :lol:
#moral victory

GodShaveTheQueen

As you wish, you're the draft master after all. I think we should keep in mind that Gullit & Kocsis had already scored 3 goals each anyway.
I'd have given this to 2mufc0 right away if this setup was there from the start, but I do agree that the first half tactics should count too. So I'll call this a draw.

harms

Staff
Added @2mufc0 's new tactics in the OP as the rules do allow it (I just copy pasted from the last draft OP, not my mistake).

Sorry @harms . That was tactical genius though, I'll give you that.
I'm okay with you putting the change, but this is not the way to do it. You make a post with a starting formation, then a huge note that the formation had been changed, and then the second formation. As of now, he just starts the game with a clean slate.

GodShaveTheQueen

I'm okay with you putting the change, but this is not the way to do it. You make a post with a starting formation, then a huge note that the formation had been changed, and then the second formation. As of now, he just starts the game with a clean slate.
Right let me do that.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
:drool:

I like that he refused to admit that it was the problem, but jumped right into the chance to fix it :lol:
#moral victory
To be honest i don't see it as a major issue, but if it will improve the team cohesion then OK I can admit I didn't get it 100% right. I can change it back if you feel strongly about it.

harms

Staff
Anyway. About the tactical change!

1. 2mufc had made a tactical change during the game, indicating that something went wrong. Considering the amount of time that had already gone, I'd say it's quite likely that our tactics were working perfectly and I'd blatantly assume (because I'm biased) that I had scored twice and haven't yet conceded.

2. He has made a change that, first and foremost, made his defensive unit more balanced and way better suited for my attack. Funnily enough, while this is something that was important to do, this is not something that will change the course of the game that had already went the wrong way. If you're behind, you need to boost your attack — and it's debatable that the new formation does that. Brehme looks better behind Rivaldo, but Maldini was much better on the ball than Gentile, and he's now staying back full time.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
I'd have given this to 2mufc0 right away if this setup was there from the start, but I do agree that the first half tactics should count too. So I'll call this a draw.
To be fair we aren't halfway through the game we are 7 out fo 24 hours in, so would roughly be 30 mins into the game.

harms

Staff
To be fair we aren't halfway through the game we are 7 out fo 24 hours in, so would roughly be 30 mins into the game.
And here's where we have an issue that I've mentioned — most of the votes go in the first few and in the last few hours, while in the middle there's usually a huge gap when the discussion is dead and people are sleeping. It's just not structured like the football game. And you don't have a score at the moment of a tactical change (although, I think, anto had indicated them) — because right now it seems for a newcomer that you start from 0:0, while the score was 0:3 (however you want to transfer the actual votes to a football score is on you though).

harms

Staff
I'm not even that feisty about the game, but when there's an issue with the rules, I just can't help myself... :lol:

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
And here's where we have an issue that I've mentioned — most of the votes go in the first few and in the last few hours, while in the middle there's usually a huge gap when the discussion is dead and people are sleeping. It's just not structured like the football game. And you don't have a score at the moment of a tactical change (although, I think, anto had indicated them) — because right now it seems for a newcomer that you start from 0:0, while the score was 0:3 (however you want to transfer the actual votes to a football score is on you though).
I see where you are coming from, but where do we draw the line as the draft rule say tactical changes are allowed.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
Absolute masterclass by harms, convinced 2mufc its safe to go on thin ice by doing tactics for his own opposition! Even if i wasnt against shuffling your back 4 mid game you just cant not to give a vote when you see a act of genius! Right from the Shining Star of Paektu Mountain Art of War textbook.

Was thinking its a draw before this fiasco.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
We had a huge debate about subs and tactical changes some time ago and figured that they simply don't work, as we don't have any real correlation between the in-game time and the votes. How do we set a change time? How many goals were scored before the change? Etc.
I miss the time when we built a team where you could make theoretical in-game changes based on the score. Thought it added another dynamic.

I think the main problem wasn't just rectifying big errors, but neutrals persuading managers to make a change and then vindicating it through a vote, which didn't seem fair on the manager who called it right.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Yeah it's pretty hilarious reading back over this. Should go down as one of the classic moments.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Nice retaliation @Physiocrat :lol:
TBF I gave up looking at who voted for Moby when I was like 7-4 down. My main complaint about your side though is I don't think Rivaldo and Zico are optimal although it does look better with Brehme there. Also Picchi is a weird player. A deep defensive sweeper. It would be interesting to see how he would adapt to a zonal back four. Not saying he couldn't be his role historically is odd

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
TBF I gave up looking at who voted for Moby when I was like 7-4 down. My main complaint about your side though is I don't think Rivaldo and Zico are optimal although it does look better with Brehme there. Also Picchi is a weird player. A deep defensive sweeper. It would be interesting to see how he would adapt to a zonal back four. Not saying he couldn't be his role historically is odd
Literally a min after I voted. But ok.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Genuinely did not know that. I suspect Scrappy has aligned the stars to make this happy. He loves chaos
Scrappy loves the chaos and can be a cnut atleast he's genuine.