Coronavirus Draft - R1 - EAP vs Himannv

With players at their career peak, who would win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
If we're eliminating players based on lack of evidence can we ban players born before a certain date as well then? We're going on hearsay and 1 full game for evidence. If 10 years of footage of say a 29 year old isn't enough to judge then how on earth is one 90 minute game?
There are very few players with just 1 game of full footage. Even from the 50's almost all of them have good content except for the likes of Ocwirk, Hidegkuti, Wright etc from the early 50's.

Not wrong to say they hardly have much impact on draft games.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
There are very few players with just 1 game of full footage. Even from the 50's almost all of them have good content except for the likes of Ocwirk, Hidegkuti, Wright etc from the early 50's.

Not wrong to say they hardly have much impact on draft games.
Surely you can see the inconsistency though. We're saying there isn't enough evidence to judge players whilst playing, but are happy to do so off a few games and reports which are usually biased due to being tributes to those players.

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
Surely you can see the inconsistency though. We're saying there isn't enough evidence to judge players whilst playing, but are happy to do so off a few games and reports which are usually biased due to being tributes to those players.
What I meant is, if you block those few odd early 50's players, no one would bat an eye. The 50's players that get picked consistently all have good amounts of footage and games.

Try listing a few of those players you describe. You won't find many. And most of those you find will all not be draft darlings (Hidegkuti/Ocwirk/Wright, etc).

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
It's not about the lack of evidence with the modern ones, is it? For me, it's just my inability to properly rate them because I've yet to see how they career would go forward (with the exception of obvious GOATs and players, whose best we've already seen, like Modrić).

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
VVD was decent at Saints and probably mediocre with NT. He may turn out to be one season wonder. This season, he's already below par. Honestly speaking modern CBs don't really hold a candle to CBs of 2-3 decades before, Godin aside. I don't rate anyone else (and that includes Silva and Ramos)

However, with VVD it's mind boggling. I mean, this is the signing that took Liverpool from being also-rans to being the best team in Europe. Take him out of the team and their defence immediately suffers and they go back to being also-rans. He has the skills, accolades, and performances to be rated highly enough for an all-time draft IMO.
Not really. He was last piece of puzzle of an already good team. To make it out like he was single-handedly responsible for Scousers success if kinda overrating him a lot.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
:lol: :lol: How many bottles are left Beam?
A few...:wenger: But will leave most of them when this shit is over. Currently in a healthy phase doing cardio/running exercises. If you ever needed a prof that isolation and social distancing can drive people crazy there you have it.

There seems to be a view that Briegel is somehow weak against tricky wingers. Trying to see how his overall performance against wingers is to try and disprove that. From what I can see, his peak was super solid in Kaiserlautern.
He had problems against Conti in a WC. Which now means he will have troubles against any tricky winger he ever goes against. Draft reasoning par excellence as I call it. Not sure how that relates to this game though since he is against Messi of all people though.

Good game this. Very tough to vote and would probably call it a draw in most cases, but someone finally pulling a great team around Pirlo pretty much decided for me.