Coronavirus in football

el3mel

It’s like footballers have to be babysat 24/7 to avoid doing anything stupid or irresponsible. And people always make excuses for it, like the vast majority of people don’t have to be far more responsible, despite not being worth millions to their employers.

At best that’s a £400k feck up, and it wasn’t a mistake (assume he’s on about 200k). He knew COVID is rife Egypt and still did it.
Exactly agree. It was way too stupid from him. The problem is our team is in a terrible situation in the qualifiers and really needed him but he goes on like without any regard.

Crap.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Have the dippers threatened to boycott covid and written to their MPs yet to get the test results overturned?

prateik

2 weeks out means he misses what? 1 game?
Hardly a huge loss..

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Salah is such a d***head for doing that. His brother may be getting married and he may have been in 'Rome' but don't forget where you live and work! Oh well at least he gets a rest, many of our players need a rest.

Cloud7

It’s like footballers have to be babysat 24/7 to avoid doing anything stupid or irresponsible. And people always make excuses for it, like the vast majority of people don’t have to be far more responsible, despite not being worth millions to their employers.

At best that’s a £400k feck up, and it wasn’t a mistake (assume he’s on about 200k). He knew COVID is rife Egypt and still did it.
I agree with this. For the life of me I don't understand how the average football fan constantly makes excuses for it. It's just as mind boggling as the footballers themselves needing to be babysat.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
2 weeks out means he misses what? 1 game?
Hardly a huge loss..
Champions league, so 2 games potentially.
Put it together with Van D, Gomez, TAA and anyone else who might get injured/covided up, then you can probably see it is adding up to a huge loss.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"

I wonder if clubs have any contractual ability to actually say "completely your fault, docked/fined 2 weeks wages"?

I know no club likes to piss off star players but it must be massively frustrating to see things like this. For fans and every day people affected by CV19 too.

Johnny Love

I can't believe they're still playing these friendlies. What is the point?? Flying around the world to play meaningless friendly matches in empty stadiums. The only thing it does is increase the risk of players of contracting and spreading this thing. Why are these still going on and for who?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Champions league, so 2 games potentially.
Put it together with Van D, Gomez, TAA and anyone else who might get injured/covided up, then you can probably see it is adding up to a huge loss.
Could Leicester actually be title favourites if they go to Anfield and win? Would've already been to Arsenal, Liverpool and Man. City so a few of their tough aways already done.

Anybody's Guess

Doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. These are high level athletes, and I'd be surprised if any of them would require anything beyond a couple of sick days with many probably being more or less asymptotic.

Cloud7

I can't believe they're still playing these friendlies. What is the point?? Flying around the world to play meaningless friendly matches in empty stadiums. The only thing it does is increase the risk of players of contracting and spreading this thing. Why are these still going on and for who?
$$$$ For the FA's and FIFA

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. These are high level athletes, and I'd be surprised if any of them would require anything beyond a couple of sick days with many probably being more or less asymptotic.
They need two weeks off though. Not winning a game or two could be the difference between winning the league, or millions of pounds from placing/qualifying.

Plus they could spread it further before it’s known, causing more damage.

Blackwidow

They need two weeks off though. Not winning a game or two could be the difference between winning the league, or millions of pounds from placing/qualifying.

Plus they could spread it further before it’s known, causing more damage.
And that during a period in which about all clubs have higher injury quotes than usual as a result of the lack of preparation and the schedule.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
$$$$ For the FA's and FIFA
But not really. These friendlies make a fraction compared to the premier League.

It's like if a top lawyer moonlighted as a sparky at the weekend for the $$$. Sure sparkys make good money but what's the point

RashyForPM

Honestly, if that was our star man Bruno, I would advocate a minimum 2 week fine. That is plain wrong what Salah did.

Maureen-yo

But not really. These friendlies make a fraction compared to the premier League.

It's like if a top lawyer moonlighted as a sparky at the weekend for the $$$. Sure sparkys make good money but what's the point
But the FA and FIFA make more for internationals than league games as the Premier League benefit most from those.

Josep Dowling

I can’t believe the Icelandic team have been given an exemption to play football in the UK having travelled from Denmark. If the potential of a super strand of COVID is real from Denmark why take the risk? Why was a friendly even played in Denmark in the first place? After all they are killing millions of mink to make sure it doesn’t spread. The lockdown situation is fast becoming the rich and famous can do as they please whilst us normal folk have been told to stay at home.

And you see situations like Vida being told he was positive in the first half of the Croatia game. Did he get his test results back at half time? Surely they should get the results back before the game is played. All this for a sake of some pointless international friendly games when the season is so congested.

Heinzesight

What a stupid bastard Salah is. I’d like to think Liverpool will fine or him or discipline him in-house...but then again, we know what type of classless outfit they are.

Imagine if that was a United player. It’d be front page stuff.

Josep Dowling

What a stupid bastard Salah is. I’d like to think Liverpool will fine or him or discipline him in-house...but then again, we know what type of classless outfit they are.

This is a good point. Imagine if it was Pogba.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

The media reaction to Greenwood's antics on international duty confirms this.

Cloud7

Correct me if I’m wrong, but doesn’t the money from PL games go to the PL primarily, whereas it’s the FA/FIFA that get the money from these international games?

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
But the FA and FIFA make more for internationals than league games as the Premier League benefit most from those.
Correct me if I’m wrong, but doesn’t the money from PL games go to the PL primarily, whereas it’s the FA/FIFA that get the money from these international games?
Indeed, but my point is.. it's pointless and really doesn't earn much money.

Th whole of football is stupid right now.

90 + 5min

Money.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I posted earlier in the year asking if anyone was worried about the long term impact on players and didn't get much response. Pogba has now said he could barely run in the first game of the season (which does not look good for our medical team).

It may explain his worse than usual dip this season. I think a lot of people assumed players at such peak fitness would be asymptomatic and fine, but I think if a footballer at that level even loses a slight percentage in their game it can make all the difference.

It seems to be a bit random really but players like Mane/Dybala and to a lesser extent Salah have also been under-performing since getting it. Meanwhile Ndombele seems to have somehow improved after having it.

Anyone else really worried that someone like Greenwood or Rashford will get it and it could impact their careers? Who knows how long it can last for some people.