Coronavirus in football

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
It‘s really hard to keep up with everything. So clubs have been told that players shouldn’t hug each other after scoring. Will there be fines if they still do?
I know the risk is there that if it’s getting too much the football could stop, but sometimes you can’t control emotions.

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
Fulham manager is not a happy bunny...
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55634082
The got told on monday morning.
Don't mislead, it was made official on Monday but they knew beforehand that it could happen.

"The possibility of playing Spurs on Wednesday came on Saturday."

Fulham are being treated like a club that doesn’t matter.

City have a postponed game to fit in. There’s no way they’ll be asked to play it two days before it takes place and it would be the same for us.
They aren't playing two days before their next game as the match vs Chelsea has been moved to Saturday.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Fulham would rather play this now than last week of May when they might need to win last two to stay up.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Don't mislead, it was made official on Monday but they knew beforehand that it could happen.

"The possibility of playing Spurs on Wednesday came on Saturday."
Don't mislead? You're the one chopping off quotes!

"The possibility of playing Spurs on Wednesday came on Saturday. We didn't think that was realistic and we were informed Monday morning at 9:30. To confirm that on Monday morning is scandalous. I accept we have to play the game, but it's the notice."

Parker was obviously pissed off, you might think that's not a reasonable reaction from him but I'm not miss-representing his feelings at all.

nmm85

I'm glad that we've managed this so well so far, and been lucky that not many of our main players have suffered.

Really need to make sure we keep on top of it as it gives us bit of an advantage. An outbreak like at city, villa etc could really cost us.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
It’s not fair on the teams that aren’t suffering from covid either. The news that we might have our game against Villa called off this weekend as well as the City game means we now have two which could potentially be squeezed in elsewhere through no fault of our own. Apparently the SW cup game is in doubt too but at least in that one they can play youth players - still not great as you’d rather play a full strength side!

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Fulham manager is not a happy bunny...
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55634082
The got told on monday morning.
Can’t understand the obsession with celebrations. Team-mates are all in the same bubble. Training together, indoors and outdoors, changing together, whatever. They could do open-mouth kissing every time a goal is scored for all the difference it makes.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
It’s not fair on the teams that aren’t suffering from covid either. The news that we might have our game against Villa called off this weekend as well as the City game means we now have two which could potentially be squeezed in elsewhere through no fault of our own. Apparently the SW cup game is in doubt too but at least in that one they can play youth players - still not great as you’d rather play a full strength side!
A chance for Allan and Lewin to return without missing too many more games. James has more time to play himself back into form. Swings and roundabouts. More than enough free midweeks between February-May for teams not in Europe.

Okey

Can’t understand the obsession with celebrations. Team-mates are all in the same bubble. Training together, indoors and outdoors, changing together, whatever. They could do open-mouth kissing every time a goal is scored for all the difference it makes.
Beats me too! It's starting to look more symbolic than rational. You've put them in a bubble, tested them negative, let them play a game where they can shout at each other repeatedly, but you want to draw the line at hugging after a goal???

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Beats me too! It's starting to look more symbolic than rational. You've put them in a bubble, tested them negative, let them play a game where they can shout at each other repeatedly, but you want to draw the line at hugging after a goal???
It seems trivial but football has become an important escape from all the grimness for millions of people and really awkward, stilted celebrations ruin the escapism by reminding us of how shit life really is every time a goal is scored. Feck that.

M16Red

It's a slippery slop, next they be moaning about marking on corners. They wouldn't be on pitch if they had covid. It's like they dont get it.. The government are a f'ing mess.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Surely games just have to go ahead even if teams need field youth players like Villa did in the cup?

Fixture pile up will be ridiculous in few months if not.

Or we'll see teams play two games on the same day eventually with the kids in the cups, like Liverpool did last year iirc.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Surely games just have to go ahead even if teams need field youth players like Villa did in the cup?

Fixture pile up will be ridiculous in few months if not.

Or we'll see teams play two games on the same day eventually with the kids in the cups, like Liverpool did last year iirc.

Like split squad games in Baseball's Spring Training.

Judas

Open to offers
The daft outrage I'm seeing about fully tested players hugging in celebration when the game revolves around close contact anyway is so laughably stupid to me. If people actually get annoyed by it I just don't know what to say really.

arnie_ni

Why is another villa game of?

What happened to fielding a squad of 14? Dll

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
It seems trivial but football has become an important escape from all the grimness for millions of people and really awkward, stilted celebrations ruin the escapism by reminding us of how shit life really is every time a goal is scored. Feck that.
They actually did that in the Bundi when it first returned, Hertha Berlin were the only side that did celebrations the "normal" way and were shammed for it. This was the Dortmund team after Haaland's goal against Schalke :lol:

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
They actually did that in the Bundi when it first returned, Hertha Berlin were the only side that did celebrations the "normal" way and were shammed for it. This was the Dortmund team after Haaland's goal against Schalke :lol:

Yeah, I watched those games. First football I’d watched in months! Those non-celebrations were so fecking depressing.

Okey

The daft outrage I'm seeing about fully tested players hugging in celebration when the game revolves around close contact anyway is so laughably stupid to me. If people actually get annoyed by it I just don't know what to say really.
Just gives you an idea of the kind of thought processes many people at the top have. No surprise it's been one bungle to another since this pandemic started.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Pretty much, they're all mixed up like a celebration every set piece and corner anyway... Would be quite funny if had 2M or 1M rule and tried to play football. No tackling or marking allowed, team that gets the ball should score pretty much every time :lol: , new basketball football.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Despite the vaccine, the news gets grimmer by the day. It will be an impressive achievement if the Premier League concludes on schedule. The European competitions should be cancelled. I’d be saying the same if we were still in the Champions League.

Ludens the Red

We are 12 days away from the european competitions and there is still no clarification :houllier:

UEFA are delusional. It’s pretty obvious they’ll need to do what they did last season and just play the knockout stages in neutral venues in the same country at the end of the season.
They also need to accept the Euros are not happening and just cancel it.

Pep's Suit

It's ridiculous. This year is another write-off on so many levels and in most countries we have to hope vaccines become more available during May - September.

cyberman

Its why i wasnt too upset about bombing out of CL and why we shouldn't take EL seriously.
European football means feck all for the last 18 months

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
If Leipzig fail to find a suitable alternative, it will be declared as a 0-3 forfeit.

This seems harsh under the unprecedented circumstances, but all things considered, if the option is there we should forfeit our Europa League match. The travelling is going to be worse than ever for the players.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
What if both teams forfeit.. 3-3. Coin toss ?

Judas

Open to offers
This is because Germany doesn't want people from Britain in their country, have I got that correct? Seems mad that because our country is in a mess our teams somehow end up benefiting from that? :lol: