Could City be Pep's undoing?

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Will he? Can he come unstuck here? Not the easiest league to manage: Not a 2/3 horse race.
3 years, if he doesn't get the UCL will it be regarded as failure

Inigo Montoya

Hopefully.
As a lifelong Utd fan, I'd love it. I'm not seeing as the easy ride some predict.

To me Arsenal would have been a far better club for him;it's all in place in terms of theplaying style,London,money

prarek

I think he will have more work to do at City compared to Barca/Bayern as they have one of the oldest squads in Europe.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
He will be United's undoing.

City will walk the league in the coming years and pep will bring them their first taste of european success by winning a CL. City will become the new top dogs like we once were and we will keep on struggling to get into the top 4. Literally in the space of a few years will the roles between us and them have completley changed. The new generation of young footballers and supporters will regard City as the pinnacle of english football and United will be a club of the past filled with forlorn glory and lingering to the old times stuck in mediocracy and self-delusion.

Best start preparing for it because it will be a long and painfull ride ahead of us...

Drifter

American
Genuinely don't think it will be as easy as his previous jobs.

ottosec

Who's gonna challenge him? We're shit, Chelsea are shit, Liverpool are wank and Arsenal are Arsenal...

Von Mistelroum

No. He'll be joining a club which is well run, super-rich and has a squad of top players. He'll have unlimited funds and he has the big name pull to entice world class players to join him.

He'll win a lot of trophies and leave city positioned at the very top of English football.....It's all very nauseating.

MarkC

To me Arsenal would have been a far better club for him;it's all in place in terms of theplaying style,London,money
That's the way I see it and would have had a lot more respect for him. I think winning things with an Arsenal would have proved he has that something great managers have.

On your first post about would it be considered a failure if he doesn't win CL undoubtedly yes for me. Another question for me is if we go back to when he joined Bayern would we also have said if he doesn't win CL with them he would have failed?

ghagua

Maybe, maybe not, but City will not sit back and watch him drag their club into mid table mediocrity. If he does not look like challenging for anything, they will get rid of him fast.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
As a lifelong Utd fan, I'd love it. I'm not seeing as the easy ride some predict.

Money?

Edit - nevermind I misunderstood

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff

City will walk the league in the coming years and pep will bring them their first taste of european success by winning a CL. City will become the new top dogs like we once were and we will keep on struggling to get into the top 4. Literally in the space of a few years will the roles between us and them have completley changed. The new generation of young footballers and supporters will regard City as the pinnacle of english football and United will be a club of the past filled with forlorn glory and lingering to the old times stuck in mediocracy and self-delusion.

Best start preparing for it because it will be a long and painfull ride ahead of us...
Optimistic fellow aren't you?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Maybe, maybe not, but City will not sit back and watch him drag their club into mid table mediocrity. If he does not look like challenging for anything, they will get rid of him fast.
Hard to say. They've been preparing for Pep for the past four years with their boardroom containing people Pep is friends with

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
Why he once agian picked a team with top talent like Silva, Aguero, DeBruyne and Sterling. If I wanted a challenge he would have chosen United, who has just four elite long term pieces in DDG, Shaw, Smalling and Martial. At City he buys a defensive midfielderl, a central defender and he´s good to go.

thelemon

I think you need to relax :lol:

Even if City were to walk the league (walk is probably an exaggeration), why should that correlate with us becoming "a club of the past filled with forlorn glory and lingering to the old times stuck in mediocracy and self-delusion"? Why does their success have to equal our failure? We can both do well at the same time you know.

We just need to get Mourinho in. Give him a shit load of money and I don't see why we can't push them all the way, we can afford anyone they can.

justboy68

I think the least you can expect is that he'll have them competing on all fronts right up until the end of the season and probably winning something. It's hard to imagine that not being the case. Even if he turns out to 'only' do about as well as Pellegrini, it's hardly much reason for optimism.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Why he once agian picked a team with top talent like Silva, Aguero, DeBruyne and Sterling. If I wanted a challenge he would have chosen United, who has just four elite long term pieces in DDG, Shaw, Smalling and Martial. At City he buys a defensive midfielderl, a central defender and he´s good to go.
Well if he wanted a challenge he could've picked Newcastle. Or Accrington Stanley.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
He'll at least have to compete with more than 0 or 1 team for the first time in his life so it will be different.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
It's most certainly his biggest test yet. Not coming into a truly astonishing squad. he doesn't need to improve up front has they are fairly sorted. City's midfield and defence needs a bit of work, especially if he wishes to play tippy tappy.

So a good few players needed, squad integration and obviously getting them to play to his worth ethic. He has the qualities hands down, just it could take a season or so for it to fully click.

Gutted he went there. Great appointment but he will need a bit of time that's all.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Massively different league. Big names come in and fail all the time. Look at Mourinho, did well originally come back into the new league and was hanging around the relegation zone. I'm optimistic that this guy has bitten off more than he can chew.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet

:lol:

Inigo Montoya

Massively different league. Big names come in and fail all the time. Look at Mourinho, did well originally come back into the new league and was hanging around the relegation zone. I'm optimistic that this guy has bitten off more than he can chew.
:angel: Please

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
We may as well just disband now. Over a century of history and success thrown down the toilet and shit on from a great height by EdWood and his cronies. LVG and Giggs out. Where's the passion.

Petr1

Knows the CL more than PL probably so wouldnt surprise me if he got it next season

Inigo Montoya

We may as well just disband now. Over a century of history and success thrown down the toilet and shit on from a great height by EdWood and his cronies. LVG and Giggs out. Where's the passion.
Some people forget we had 26 years of that after Sir Matt. It changed; took a long time but it changed

Treble

They will buy most of the players he wants and they will have the best squad in England by far. He won't fail.

Classical Mechanic

You know I bet Pep fancies signing Daly Blind as his centre back.

Personally I think Mancini and Pellegrini are tier 2 to 3 level managers. Once they get a top manager their squad will look a lot better.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
I doubt it, City have progressed year by year - some years slower than others, but progression nevertheless.

They have not once taken a step backwards, on or off the pitch and they will only get better with bigger name players being attracted due to the calibre of coach they have.

The business they've done behind the scenes with their new training facilities and various global partnerships has turned them into a large empire and is only going to grow further.

Sickiening for us as United supporters, but our club have stood still for years and have been stubborn enough to think we're untouchable because of the strength of our brand, ala "Biggest Club in the World" - well they need to wake up and smell the bloody coffee because no one seems to think we're the biggest anymore, in England, yes, but not globally.

Relying on 'tradition' and keeping things 'British' has hindered our growth. Football has evolved quickly and we're stuttering through the transition.

Nickosaur

United have spent so long at the top. I can't see a team dominating as much as we didin the SAF years.

But I don't doubt Pep will take City to the next level. Say he is there for 3 years. I'd expect 2 PLs and a CL.

prarek

By signing for City?

Kostur

海尔的老板
Yea exactly, can't see Barcelona or Bayern beating mighty Leicester City this year in the mighty premier league. They're lucky Leicester aren't in CL.

justboy68

He'll at least have to compete with more than 0 or 1 team for the first time in his life so it will be different.
Well that kind of depends on how well he can get City playing/who he can bring in. If he hits the ground running with them then there might not be much serious competition based on this season's evidence. A decent Arsenal outfit is not really more of a challenge than a decent Dortmund side.