Could Ronaldo be the nail in the coffin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralph1386

The game against Southampton before Ronaldo played for us went similar to most of our pl performances so far. He left one shot midfield for another. It doesn't help that we keep conceding from school boy errors.
Exactly

The Purley King

The club managers that ronaldo has had so far in his career:
Laszlo bononi
Fergie
Pellegrini
Mourinho
Ancelotti
Benitez
Zidane
Allegri
Sarri
Pirlo
Ole

Didn’t know the sporting boss at the time but 2 other names stand out like a sore thumb.
Ole and pirlo.
I don’t think he’ll put up with what he is seeing as he must realise the quality of the players he’s playing with.
Ole will be gone hopefully sooner rather than later

MichaelRed

I know he’s scored some big goals but anyone else feel he just doesn’t do enough? He doesn’t track back, he doesn’t really make himself available unless inside the box. If he’s been told to do that, then he’s brilliant at it. But we look a less effective team with him in it.
Ole should have pulled him today but didn’t
Every single striker under Ole has been accused of not doing enough. Maybe it's time we stopped blaming the player?

Ladron de redcafe

Every single striker under Ole has been accused of not doing enough. Maybe it's time we stopped blaming the player?
If the player is at fault, why would anyone absolve him from blame? He could barely make a correct pass today and was a liability.

As much of a bad manager as Solskjaer is, he can't enter the pitch and start making runs for Ronaldo.

lsd

The Oracle
A lot could depend on Pogba as well. If United really want to keep him then they must know the only chance he will sign a new contract before January now is if there is a new manager and coaching set up that he believes in

Greck

I mean if Ole didn't want a poacher why sign one? Treating teambuilding like a race to stock up stars isn't ideal. Now if he had gone to City we wouldn't hear the end of how they strengthened more than us and we shouldn't expect to challenge them till 2 years minimum.

clarkydaz

I mean if Ole didn't want a poacher why sign one? Treating teambuilding like a race to stock up stars isn't ideal. Now if he had gone to City we wouldn't hear the end of how they strengthened more than us and we shouldn't expect to challenge them till 2 years minimum.
If Ole bought a right winger who can assist him, why not play him there?

Amir

If Ronaldo gets Solskjaer sacked, it'll be worth to the club more than the Ronaldo shirts we've sold combined.

Amir

It's true, which is why you need to have balls and look beyond short term.

Things didn't look great for us in 2006, when we were counting three years without the title while Chelsea went and got Shevchenko and Ballack while we even let Van Nistelrooy go, but we focused on ourselves and what we needed to do, and won three in a row. It didn't look great in the summer of 2006, it looked brilliant in the summer of 2007.

Greck

It's true, which is why you need to have balls and look beyond short term.

Things didn't look great for us in 2006, when we were counting three years without the title while Chelsea went and got Shevchenko and Ballack while we even let Van Nistelrooy go, but we focused on ourselves and what we needed to do, and won three in a row. It didn't look great in the summer of 2006, it looked brilliant in the summer of 2007.
Problem is you can use this to make a case for literally anyone who sucks at their job.

Pep's Suit

Good prediction. I mean United would never win PL or CL with Ole in charge but they were quite decent last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.