Could they void the PL due to the Coronavirus? | No | Resuming June 17th

Sparky Rhiwabon

I can't imagine that many clubs, at this point, would prefer completing this season rather than just preparing for and starting a new season

Liverpool
Leicester
Sheffield United

That's about it

It does feel like all these calls to complete this season are predominantly for Liverpool's benefit

stevoc

UK projected peak is supposed to be April 17th - @ 1,674 deaths according to the IHME

The overall deaths projected have gone down significantly down to 37k until August 4th, 2020.

I believe everything is getting better and that curve will continue to flatten, we will get back to football being played as long as we are on this positive trajectory, we should have BCD action before July.
July 2021?

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Nope. And I didn't hope he got it either why you bring it up.
You could just keep your mouth shut instead of making a sarcastic post about a man who is 69 and at a higher risk of dying from covid 19.

Imagine one of the pool fans on here making the same post about SAF

Megadrive Man

Supports
Liverpool
what about the lower league teams who can not afford to keep these players - as unlike the super rich PL don’t have any money. They will need to release 6-12 first team squad players (as they do every year) as they can’t afford to keep them in order to finish the season.

If then they are forced to finish the season, you will have hundreds of out of contract players without clubs and clubs playing a bunch of kids. It will be utter madness.

just for a minute think about teams other than Liverpool
I didn't even mention Liverpool. You are obsessed.

Yeah it will be a big problem for lower league club's, it's already a big problem for them having not played for a long time as they rely heavily on gate receipts. Football league club's will suffer even more though in a void scenario as no prize money and they will have to refund season tickets. Void is the worst possible option for smaller teams.

SirAnderson

Kenny Dalglish has tested positive for CV.

"Unexpectedly, the test result was positive but he remains asymptomatic," the Dalglish family said.
The statement added: "He would like to take this opportunity to thank the brilliant NHS staff, whose dedication, bravery and sacrifice should be the focus of the nation's attention at this extraordinary time. "Prior to his admission to hospital, Sir Kenny had chosen to voluntarily self-isolate for longer than the advised period together with his family. He would urge everyone to follow the relevant government and expert guidance in the days and weeks ahead.
"He looks forward to being home soon. We will provide further updates as and when it is appropriate."

Glad he is asymptomatic. Hopefully it will pass and he recovers so we can continue to enjoy his pashun for the game.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I can't imagine that many clubs, at this point, would prefer completing this season rather than just preparing for and starting a new season

Liverpool
Leicester
Sheffield United

That's about it

It does feel like all these calls to complete this season are predominantly for Liverpool's benefit
There is a large number of clubs at risk of going under due to matchday revenue losses. We have to do everything necessary to get the game up and running to prevent that from happening, so long as it's safe to do so of course.

TheReligion

Abusive

"Unexpectedly, the test result was positive but he remains asymptomatic," the Dalglish family said.
The statement added: "He would like to take this opportunity to thank the brilliant NHS staff, whose dedication, bravery and sacrifice should be the focus of the nation's attention at this extraordinary time. "Prior to his admission to hospital, Sir Kenny had chosen to voluntarily self-isolate for longer than the advised period together with his family. He would urge everyone to follow the relevant government and expert guidance in the days and weeks ahead.
"He looks forward to being home soon. We will provide further updates as and when it is appropriate."

Glad he is asymptomatic. Hopefully it will pass and he recovers so we can continue to enjoy his pashun for the game.
If he's asymptomatic why is he in hospital and how did he end up getting tested?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

Eh why was he tested then?

Megadrive Man

Supports
Liverpool
If any of you actually bothered to read the article you would know the answer.

He went to hospital for treatment for an infection and was routinely tested for it.

Member 101269

He went to hospital for treatment for an infection and was routinely tested for it.
He’s currently asymptomatic

Last edited by a moderator:

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Best wishes to Dalglish - sounds quite positive from the report, so hopefully he makes a full recovery.

hp88

I am surprised with that, I thought you had to be on the front line or at least be showing signs before getting tested.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Just further makes me wonder just how many people actually are asymptomatic.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

Since when are people with no symptoms who are in for other things being tested as routine?

Hope he’s ok.

Megadrive Man

Supports
Liverpool
Just further makes me wonder just how many people actually are asymptomatic.
Yeah. Nowhere near enough testing done in this country. The whole thing has been handled shambollicly in the UK, but somehow the Tory party will come out stronger than ever.

Sparky Rhiwabon

There is a large number of clubs at risk of going under due to matchday revenue losses. We have to do everything necessary to get the game up and running to prevent that from happening, so long as it's safe to do so of course.
Yes, but at this point that could equally be the new season starting. They'd need some wort of pre-season period now either way

I didn't even mention Liverpool. You are obsessed.

Yeah it will be a big problem for lower league club's, it's already a big problem for them having not played for a long time as they rely heavily on gate receipts. Football league club's will suffer even more though in a void scenario as no prize money and they will have to refund season tickets. Void is the worst possible option for smaller teams.
no one is going to refund season tickets. You are being ridiculous on purpose. Over the next 14 months, you are only going to be able to play a certain no. of games - and it’s much preferable to play out an entire season for the sake of 8 games.

prize money will clearly be distributed pro rata.

Last edited:

Fts 74

I hope hes ok.
Yes he acted disgracefully over the suarez incident joining in with those pathetic t-shirts but he actually speaks very highly of Utd and especially SAF.
Get well soon.

stevoc

Why would it be next year when I just showed you that things are not as bad as they say they are supposed to be and that we are on the downward trend?
You posted a projection and then you spoke about your own beliefs based on how you’ve interpreted said projection.

So you showed us nothing of value.

There will be football of some sort by July 2021 for sure. But I doubt there will be any by July this year. Not in the UK anyway.

Are you from the UK and/or happen to live here?

Last edited:

redmeister

Sorry mate I lost all respect for the man when he wore that t-shirt. I don't wish it on him and don't want him to die or anything but won't feel sorry for him. I just won't.
You don't feel sorry for someone with a life threatening illness because they wore a t-shirt! What about his family and all the people that love and care about him. When someone is seriously ill or dies, it isn't just them that suffers.

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
You posted a projection with no evidence to back it up and then you spoke about your own beliefs based on how you’ve interpreted said projection.

So you showed us nothing of value.

There will be football of some sort by July 2021 for sure. But I doubt there will be any by July this year. Not in the UK anyway.

Are you from the UK and/or happen to live here?
Like I said, it was from the highly respected IHME.

Here is the link - https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-kingdom

No, I live in Canada. Much of our situation is based off the current epicenter which is in the US and their death estimates have dropped from 100-200k to 60k.

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
Boggles my mind listening to some of you - it's as if the world is over, all doom and gloom and that we won't get back to opening the economy (football being a big part of that) soon (by july).

You know we won't have around 1k people dying every day right? At some point it has to taper off. Also, great news coming out of Spain suggesting mid may they will have their curve completely flattened (around 30 deaths a day). At which point I don't see why they can't start football in early June.