Could they void the PL due to the Coronavirus? | No | Resuming June 17th

giggs-beckham

Clueless
Motd just said about football returning on tv just now? Which page on here to look at the first announcement as theres no thread mark.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Sorry scousers, I hid the PL trophy on SpaceX so it’s in space now.

that being said, they plotted a course for “the brightest thing you can see in the sky” and so they’re currently on course to land on klopps teeth

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Think PL footballers are some of the safest people in the country right now
And why should PL Footballers be the safest people in the country right now?
Why should they be safer then me and you and our families?
What's so special that they don't contract Covid and others are not in the same safe position too?

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Premier League clubs have been told games will still go ahead once the season restarts even if they are down to only 15 fit players.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
I havent been inside the news, how much time off will the players have after the season end? or was this their vacation time already. thanks

Pagh Wraith

Bild is reporting today that new Bundesliga season could start on 11 Sep or even later, with fans and no winter break.

montpelier

Liverpool police are happy for Liverpool to play at Anfield apparently.

Their usual policy of letting their fans do more or less whatever they like outside the ground won't need changing presumably.

Incredibly convenient too in the first place, how they found Utd and City games that needed moving.

Support it, enjoy it, give Liverpool the Title* but does anyone want to say this isn't a farce?

padzilla

Hipster
I am still at a loss as to the logic behind playing games at a neutral venue. If the reason behind it is because of a fear of fans turning up in thousands outside a ground isn't there a similar likelihood they will travel to another ground to do it too? Sheffield United's away game against us for example?

fps

Their usual policy of letting their fans do more or less whatever they like outside the ground won't need changing presumably.

Incredibly convenient too in the first place, how they found Utd and City games that needed moving.

Support it, enjoy it, give Liverpool the Title* but does anyone want to say this isn't a farce?
There may be an argument that a club about to win the title will have fans more likely to travel to wherever they are playing to celebrate it, putting people more at risk?

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
There may be an argument that a club about to win the title will have fans more likely to travel to wherever they are playing to celebrate it, putting people more at risk?
Yeah, it's better to keep all those infected scousers in their home city so they only infect one another.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
And why should PL Footballers be the safest people in the country right now?
Why should they be safer then me and you and our families?
What's so special that they don't contract Covid and others are not in the same safe position too?
Because their governing body invested in £4m of testing. Private operation can do what they want with their money.

alexthelion

Thanks. I see what you mean about there being a lack of consensus. I didn't think the immune system potentially played a large role at point of infection and could essentially close the door if you like but rather it did all its work once the infection was contracted. Quite early in the pandemic there was a very articulate immunologist on Sky News and she explained that a key factor is mankind's differing "immunity types". She seemed to be suggesting that not only do different people have different levels of immunity but also different types and that this is vital because if we all had the same immunity type a single virus could essentially wipe us all out. So differing immunity types is vital to the survival of the human race.
I've previously had a kidney transplant and been put on immunosupressants, that failed and I'm now on dialysis but still taking those tablets. This reduced immune system means I'm a lot more susceptible to anything going around, e.g., a cold, flu and Covid. I and others like me have to be very careful with how we interact with others.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
So just in case there's any danger of Liverpool not seeing out this massive lead, they've taken away their aways at City, Everton and Newcastle. Lovely.

Tibs

I've not been following 'Project Do Anything To Give Liverpool the Title*' much lately but saw somewhere that PL clubs are going to have to give Sky Sports a shit load of money back?

Why? Keep all the usual agreements, tell Sky to keep all their games on Sky Sports....why should they be allowed all the games (for which you will still need a Sky setup) and get lots of money back?

Schweigaard

Supports
Liverpool
So just in case there's any danger of Liverpool not seeing out this massive lead, they've taken away their aways at City, Everton and Newcastle. Lovely.
Does it even matter that much without the crowd? Hasn't the away team won most games so far in the Bundesliga after reopening?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Does it even matter that much without the crowd? Hasn't the away team won most games so far in the Bundesliga after reopening?
This season it won't matter. It's if next season they suddenly decide certain games have to be at different venues it becomes a bit more awkward.

Finn MacCool

Supports
Liverpool
I've previously had a kidney transplant and been put on immunosupressants, that failed and I'm now on dialysis but still taking those tablets. This reduced immune system means I'm a lot more susceptible to anything going around, e.g., a cold, flu and Covid. I and others like me have to be very careful with how we interact with others.
The virus must be an added burden for you to worry about. I hope for your sake and the millions of others with health issues a vaccine is found soon. In the meantime keep staying safe.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.

We're on the way to Liverpool lifting at home, in front of a full stadium.

"it's safe now la."

"nobody's social distancing la"

Flying high

Deduct 1 point for each fan who turns up.

Posh Red

I have a mate who’s ten year old son has a rare illness called MOG and is on similar treatment long term I believe. Poor guy has no idea when his life will return to normal