Could they void the PL due to the Coronavirus? | No | Resuming June 17th

arnie_ni

Youd think the whole spurs and norwich teams would self isolate for at least 3 or 4 days until they all get restested and the results back.

Not isolating at all seems careless at best and reckless at worse

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
What's this about? I'm genuinely asking and interested.
Tevez given he scored all the winning goals for them in their 6-7 wins in last 9 (I think) and 3rd party ownership of players wasn't allowed under premier league rules.

West Ham were fined 5m. I don't think any other club has ever come close to being fined that amount for a single offence (perhaps Chelsea in one of their transfer bans?) so that showed the culpability but the premier league bottled docking them any points unlike with Boro a decade before.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Youd think the whole spurs and norwich teams would self isolate for at least 3 or 4 days until they all get restested and the results back.

Not isolating at all seems careless at best and reckless at worse
There are protocols and guidelines to follow in this case and entire squad isolation and quarantine only happens in case of wild spread. For now only the player who has tested positive will be isolated while the rest of the group just keep up with the usual guidelines.

Spurs already had a player/stuff infected a few weeks back(and they were already doing contact training) and they only isolated him then followed the guidelines. And they haven't returned any positive results since then which means the guidelines put forth by the PL are working, so I don't see why they should be called reckless now. The chances of a wild spread are very unlikely given the protocols put in place which teams have been following.

arnie_ni

There are protocols and guidelines to follow in this case and entire squad isolation and quarantine only happens in case of wild spread. For now only the player who has tested positive will be isolated while the rest of the group just keep up with the usual guidelines.

Spurs already had a player/stuff infected a few weeks back(and they were already doing contact training) and they only isolated him then followed the guidelines. And they haven't returned any positive results since then which means the guidelines put forth by the PL are working, so I don't see why they should be called reckless now. The chances of a wild spread are very unlikely given the protocols put in place which teams have been following.
Im not expecting them to isolate for 14 days like the public, but after playing a game of football, showering together, same changing room, same bus etc, youd think Norwich's whole team would need to get tested immediately and isolate until the results come back

Slysi17

I’ve only seen BL matches and each one has crowd noise. It’s added in the studio afaik, so whoever’s covering the BL for you is the issue.
Think I read somewhere that it was recently added. Not sure if it applies to our broadcast. Will watch another game and check again.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Im not expecting them to isolate for 14 days like the public, but after playing a game of football, showering together, same changing room, same bus etc, youd think Norwich's whole team would need to get tested immediately and isolate until the results come back
I read that clubs will have extra rooms available so they won’t all be changing in the same place, they aren’t allowed to shower, they will go straight home. Meals after the match will be provided as takeaway to eat in their own cars

arnie_ni

I read that clubs will have extra rooms available so they won’t all be changing in the same place, they aren’t allowed to shower, they will go straight home. Meals after the match will be provided as takeaway to eat in their own cars
So all the united players will individually drive down to london to play spurs?

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
It's all a sham put up to make sure that Liverpool get their long-awaited *

MancFanFromManc

RedCafe Ninja. Stalks the forum undercover, then w
Absolutely buzzing for the Prem to return. Even though it means Liverpool will win their first title (bit of a tease there, don't bite!) I just want to watch footy again.... So there I am checking the fixtures to see what excitement is round the corner... Sheff Utd v Villa!!! WTF. No footy for months and this is the curtain raiser, ballon popped... Viewing figures for this fixture normally, 150, viewing figures after lockdown, 150 million. Grealish had better bring his shooting boots!

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Absolutely buzzing for the Prem to return. Even though it means Liverpool will win their first title (bit of a tease there, don't bite!) I just want to watch footy again.... So there I am checking the fixtures to see what excitement is round the corner... Sheff Utd v Villa!!! WTF. No footy for months and this is the curtain raiser, ballon popped... Viewing figures for this fixture normally, 150, viewing figures after lockdown, 150 million. Grealish had better bring his shooting boots!
I remember just after the suspension there were people vowing not to take even a Burnley Vs Stoke game for granted again, I guess now we will see that theory put to the test :lol::lol:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
The game last season was pretty good....3 down with 10 minutes left and got it back to 3-3. Plenty of guys from both teams will be playing on Wednesday. Dean Henderson improving on claiming crosses aswell. ;)

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
What is this 5 subs bullshit?

Whose idiotic idea was that?
Fifa.Uefa..Germany....Italy......Spain etc.

I don't really see the problem. Players will be struggling from 70th minute so games would be more of a farce if you stayed at 3 subs and had teams finishing with 10 or 9 men because they couldn't use anymore subs.

arnie_ni

I think each player must drive by them self yes, and arrive in a kit.
Thats mad..so say you have one team all the way down the bottom of the country and they are playing someone up north, how does that work with no hotels?

Do they do a 10 hr drive to be there for the 3 o'clock kick of?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Man. United are apparently getting special dispensation to travel to London from Stockport station which will remain open until 1am for their return.

Hotels is interesting though. Apparently Leeds want to stay in hotel before they play Cardiff as that's a 12pm kick off on the Sunday but been refused so far so they'll probably have to find one in England.

I read there were designated hotels being made available in each region for a team to stay in but really they've been told to travel on the day unless it's very long distance like Newcastle going down to Brighton.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Man. United are apparently getting special dispensation to travel to London from Stockport station which will remain open until 1am for their return.

Hotels is interesting though. Apparently Leeds want to stay in hotel before they play Cardiff as that's a 12pm kick off on the Sunday but been refused so far so they'll probably have to find one in England.

I read there were designated hotels being made available in each region for a team to stay in but really they've been told to travel on the day unless it's very long distance like Newcastle going down to Brighton.
Good on Wales :lol:
For teams in England though, i'd think hotel owners would love to strike a deal with the PL to host clubs in this time where their business is dying. Kind of a multi-spots Orlando like they're about to do for the NBA.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
You're kidding right? Sheffield Utd who need to win their game in hand to jump above Utd? I can guarantee many Utd fans will be glued to their sets praying Villa do them a favour, just like me and many LFC fans will be learning Sheff Utd songs quickly.

And Villa fighting relegation while being open to a 9-0 thrashing now and then. Not sure which multi verse's PL you've been watching so far. :p

Ludens the Red

Incredibly after all that fuss and drama after all is said and done, premier league football has ended up being one of the last things to get restarted in the U.K. High street shops are open, bookies are open, fast food shops are open, non essential travel on transport.

300 pages, not sure it was worth it.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Incredibly after all that fuss and drama after all is said and done, premier league football has ended up being one of the last things to get restarted in the U.K. High street shops are open, bookies are open, fast food shops are open, non essential travel on transport.

300 pages, not sure it was worth it.
....and deaths have shot up too.

arnie_ni

I think each player must drive by them self yes, and arrive in a kit.
No :lol: :houllier:
Who has said that?
Here.

Apparently teams arent allowed to travel together and must make their way individually to the grounds

peridigm

Fifa.Uefa..Germany....Italy......Spain etc.

I don't really see the problem. Players will be struggling from 70th minute so games would be more of a farce if you stayed at 3 subs and had teams finishing with 10 or 9 men because they couldn't use anymore subs.
Is the squad increased as well or still 18 players?

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
That's just the most stupid explanation I've heard.
Agreed.
What about if the player touches the ball? Did that player spit on the pitch for example? Have they infected another player or coach who hasn't tested positive yet?
If another player or member of Spurs or Norwich's coaching staff test positive it could open a whole can of worms.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Here.

Apparently teams arent allowed to travel together and must make their way individually to the grounds
I thought that was just for friendlies before it restarts.
If they can do it for the games why couldnt the do it for the friendlies?
The clubs will travel of course together to the away games with the bus, train or plane.
Only a idiot would think that a Newcastle player must drive to London in his own car for a match :lol:

arnie_ni

The clubs will travel of course together to the away games with the bus, train or plane.
Only a idiot would think that a Newcastle player must drive to London in his own car for a match :lol:
So the norwich players did travel together to play spurs?

So how exactly arent the rest of the squad that were on the same bus as the infected player not isolating?