Could they void the PL due to the Coronavirus? | No | Resuming June 17th

Sparky Rhiwabon

Football is a contact sport. By forcing footballers to play against each other, the FA is breaching their human rights. Nothing is more important than human life. The Premier League MUST be stopped for the sake of their health. If this season needs to be written out of the records, then so be it.

But keep the Europa League going in case we win it.
Better safe than sorry

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I'd say they should keep it going behind closed doors for a week or two until we're mathematically out of reach and hand us the trophy. After that they can do whatever they want for CL qualifications and relegations. Playoffs, toss a coin, whatever. Oh.. And wait with the closed doors until after tomorrow.
:lol:

In all seriousness, the PL are probably praying for Arsenal to beat City tomorrow so we can wrap it up by Monday thus making it logistically easier for the PL to decide next steps.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Are you flapping about like this at public and at work?

It’s gonna get a lot worse before it gets better and will be a long time before things are this relatively safe again.
Are you? You appear to be on some kind of 'denial rampage', following me 'round like a yapping dog.

Personally, can't afford to 'flap about' in the slightest at home / work. Head of a young family (7 year old and 1 month old baby) and a career that puts me at direct risk every time I go into work.

Lets agree to disagree, good luck to you mate and have a good one.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Are you? You appear to be on some kind of 'denial rampage', following me 'round like a yapping dog.

Personally, can't afford to 'flap about' in the slightest at home / work. Head of a young family (7 year old and 1 month old baby) and a career that puts me at direct risk every time I go into work.

Lets agree to disagree, good luck to you mate and have a good one.
Mate, my wife is close to 8 months pregnant and I work for NHS. I was in Wythenshawe Hospital for an appointment the day the incident happened last week. I have not denied anything at all. Putting the current risk into some sort of context is not denial.

About 10 days ago or so I seemed to be the lone voice positing when games would likely start to be behind closed doors in the UK.

Judas

Open to offers
Was bound to happen really, its the logical thing to do.

Good news for the England squad though, hopefully have our young brave lions all fit and firing next summer.

izec

What happens next season then? Do we play less games? Or the same number of games just more packed?

I assume the summer break will be shorter, but there is the copa america still, unless it gets postponed too

Judas

Open to offers
What happens next season then? Do we play less games? Or the same number of games just more packed?

I assume the summer break will be shorter, but there is the copa america still, unless it gets postponed too
Well if the season got suspended, we'd play later in the summer I'd guess, so probably when the Euros would have happened. Unless things really go crazy, I would think next season wouldn't be messed up.

United58

Just saw that Serie A is suspended until April :eek: Crazy how much of an effect the virus is having

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Euro 2020 should be the easiest possible tournament to rearrange. It’s highly modular, not dependent on one country’s infrastructure, and a couple of host sites can be changed even if necessary. Very sensible.

I just think national federations are being naive in assuming the situation will be better in May or June, when a lot of countries are looking to spread the peak of the viral outbreak out for a longer, but more manageable period.

Last edited:

redshaw

Covid 19 and Liverpool will be with 19 titles, it's already been recognized la.

arnie_ni

Mbappe has had to get tested. This is the start of it. If one major player gets it the leagues are done imo

Wal2Fra

Watching the French vs Holland womens match which is being played behind closed doors and honestly it is horrible for a televised game (the atmosphere not the match quality!) .

The FA would have to be lenient towards language used because you can hear everything. Maybe suspending the rest of the season is the better option!

AlwaysRed66

Watching the French vs Holland womens match which is being played behind closed doors and honestly it is horrible for a televised game (the atmosphere not the match quality!) .

The FA would have to be lenient towards language used because you can hear everything. Maybe suspending the rest of the season is the better option!
Women's football is horrible in normal times so nothing new there. I do agree though that it is a nonsense playing games like this.

Wal2Fra

Women's football is horrible in normal times so nothing new there. I do agree though that it is a nonsense playing games like this.
Haha I knew a dig at women's football would occur.

Almost makes televising the 3pm Saturday games look like a bad idea!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It's the 'last goal wins' scenario when leading 22-0. :lol: In this instance they will simply hand Liverpool the title and concentrate on the remaining CL and relegation placed games. Why waste a game on the PL title decider when it was decided in August that Liverpool would take it? It's like the PL don't read Redcafe threads. :)
The best us bitter ruckers can hope for is that it's behind closed doors when you get the trophy. That'd be enough.

After the last time all your legends wheeled out their court suits, and saw the Stevie slip, I dare say you wouldn't find that a disaster

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
The best us bitter ruckers can hope for is that it's behind closed doors when you get the trophy. That'd be enough.

After the last time all your legends wheeled out their court suits, and saw the Stevie slip, I dare say you wouldn't find that a disaster
I would snap your hands off now if you could guarantee that.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Play behind closed doors as long as the fans can still watch it in TV or screen. Suspended it will only going to damage the club in preparation for upcoming next season. May be if it’ll be suspended for just a month, we could deal with few catch up games. Definitely not for more than 1-2 months.

Nogbadthebad

Playing behind closed doors would pretty much bankrupt half the football teams in the country.

This is about more than premier league.

Some championship sides, and pretty much every league one and two sides rely in gate income to stay afloat.

Take the behind closed doors things and they are gone. Postponement is the only option, and even then there would need to be a fund set up to keep them going until the gates are open again.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

@Damien maybe a thread title change seems as there are developments around Europe almost daily.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Playing behind closed doors would pretty much bankrupt half the football teams in the country.

This is about more than premier league.

Some championship sides, and pretty much every league one and two sides rely in gate income to stay afloat.

Take the behind closed doors things and they are gone. Postponement is the only option, and even then there would need to be a fund set up to keep them going until the gates are open again.
This^ the EFL will have to postpone if it wants to keep all it

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Mbappe has had to get tested. This is the start of it. If one major player gets it the leagues are done imo
Think all the Nottingham Forest players are getting tested as their owner was at the match on Friday and he was confirmed positive today so could be big problems ahead for the championship.

Serie A is now saying they may not finish the season. Options include playoffs or declaring no winner.

arnie_ni

We need to get into top 4 asap and hope city win a couple more games just in case

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Let's be honest, the only fair thing to do is stop the season right now and start it over again in August. No previous results should count. We just can't know how long this virus has been knocking about affecting team's performances.

Dinghy

This season and the 20/21-season will be called off. Same with the Euros and any other sporting event worldwide. Guessing there will be some televised friendlies only, for the next 15-16 months. It's going to be depressing as feck.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Mate, my wife is close to 8 months pregnant and I work for NHS. I was in Wythenshawe Hospital for an appointment the day the incident happened last week. I have not denied anything at all. Putting the current risk into some sort of context is not denial.

About 10 days ago or so I seemed to be the lone voice positing when games would likely start to be behind closed doors in the UK.
Congratulations mate, hope all goes really well with it. First child?

DVG7

That’ll be that then. Gonna end up with no football for a while which is fair enough given the severity, but it was shaping up to be a fantastic end to the season for a lot of clubs.