Could they void the PL due to the Coronavirus? | No | Resuming June 17th

Ludens the Red

So in other words you don't know and you're guessing.

What i actually said at the beginning was that there is a 1 in 500 fatality rate in under 10s. That is literally the exact terminology the health service uses in that document.

It's a hell of a lot less dangerous than saying 'i reckon half the population must have had it by now and most people are fine' or only 1 in 5 million kids will die from it as though it's nothing to worry about.
Ok, you’re right I’m wrong.
The virus kills 1 in every 500 under 10’s it infects. Thank you for educating me.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
This whole post is deeply creepy.

Troy Deeney declining to go back to work and expressing concern about the risk to his infant son who had breathing difficulties is an absolutely valid response to the situation. It is sinister as feck to try and tell him that he is suffering from irrational anxiety, may never kick a football again, and needs professional help. You sound like a Victorian doctor diagnosing hysteria in any woman who speaks back to her husband.

For what it's worth, I'm fully in favour of football starting up again. Partly because I'm losing my mind without it, I'll own that, but also because I believe it is possible to reduce the resulting increase to risk of infection down to almost nothing, and certainly more so than many of the other non-essential industries who have returned work or preparing to do so shortly. And I don't give a toss about the whole Liverpool winning thing because in my eyes they've already done it, the rest is a formality.

But it should absolutely be the right of any footballer or other staff member involved to decline to return to work if they feel it is unsafe to do so, particularly if they are concerned for a vulnerable family member who they might be putting at risk by doing so. It is pretty repulsive to suggest that this somehow constitutes being mentally ill, especially with the faux-concerned tone. You're not a friendly neighbourhood psychotherapist, you're a Liverpool fan who wants to win the league.
Excellent post.

stevoc

Like I said, “People need to seriously stop posting either made up/manipulated/inconclusive and obviously factually incorrect figures and statements.”
What you did would fall under inconclusive and manipulated.
I don’t read Spanish or Italian but I’d hazard a guess those figures are gonna be based on those children who were actually tested, and those with severe symptoms.
Therefore missing out a gigantic amount of children who would have had it.

If you apply some common sense and knowing what we know about how it effects children a lot less, you would be sensible and go “that percentage obviously can’t be conclusive”. Their job is to do analysis based on what they have. I bet at no point in that article do they state “the virus will kill 1 in 500 children it infects”. But you chose to go with that comment.
I mean you say yourself “nobody knows yet how many really had it” yet you were happy to suggest 1 in 500 under 10’s will catch and die from it. That is poor form. That is posting fake news.
Im interested can you confirm that you know for a fact that the rate in under 10’s isn’t 1 in 500?

I ask because I have a child under 10 with asthma.

Tel074

No offense to you, but I believe we all have an obligation NOT to post COVID information if we are not sure. I'm just personally tired of people making false COVID claims just to push their opinions.
No offense to you I was sure it was correct and in a way they did have a spike as the German poster then explained . So if you have never been wrong about anything in your life I apologise if you have made a mistake which you then held your hand up to just please just give it a rest ffs

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.
This whole post is deeply creepy.

Troy Deeney declining to go back to work and expressing concern about the risk to his infant son who had breathing difficulties is an absolutely valid response to the situation. It is sinister as feck to try and tell him that he is suffering from irrational anxiety, may never kick a football again, and needs professional help. You sound like a Victorian doctor diagnosing hysteria in any woman who speaks back to her husband.

For what it's worth, I'm fully in favour of football starting up again. Partly because I'm losing my mind without it, I'll own that, but also because I believe it is possible to reduce the resulting increase to risk of infection down to almost nothing, and certainly more so than many of the other non-essential industries who have returned work or preparing to do so shortly. And I don't give a toss about the whole Liverpool winning thing because in my eyes they've already done it, the rest is a formality.

But it should absolutely be the right of any footballer or other staff member involved to decline to return to work if they feel it is unsafe to do so, particularly if they are concerned for a vulnerable family member who they might be putting at risk by doing so. It is pretty repulsive to suggest that this somehow constitutes being mentally ill, especially with the faux-concerned tone. You're not a friendly neighbourhood psychotherapist, you're a Liverpool fan who wants to win the league.
You do realize that Deeney does have a history of mental illness don't you ? My wife & I are long term Foster Carers for 3 of our Grandchildren aged 3,4, & 5 because our 36 year old Daughter is on permanent medication for mental health issues brought about through years of drug abuse. As a result she struggles to look after herself let alone 3 young kids. I may not be a psychotherapist but I know enough about people with mental health problems to understand how anxiety can play a key part in their condition. The actual experts are predicting long-term problems with mental health because of the lockdown which in effect has created this toxic anxiety within millions of people right across the globe. So all the signs, based on my own experiences, are that Mr Deeney possibly needs to speak to someone about his concerns. & for all we know he probably is.

& why are you bringing LFC into this particular debate ? Sounds to me like you do give a toss. It's a weird thing to bring up.

https://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/s...body-about-mental-health-they-cant-be-forced/

Ludens the Red

Im interested can you confirm that you know for a fact that the rate in under 10’s isn’t 1 in 500?

Mostly common sense and based on what the medical experts are saying and have said for about three months.

To start with, the chances of a child between aged 1 - 10 actually even getting corona virus is multiple times higher than 1 in 500, them getting seriously ill from it even more higher.

In the UK most reports put the number of children between 0-14 years old to die of coronavirus at 3/4. Not seen any statistics focusing on the 0-10 range. New York have had 9 deaths between 0-17 years old. Most countries seem to have single digit figures.

That means that in order to believe that 1 in 500 children contract it and die in the uk, you would have to believe that only 1500-2000 children in this entire country have had the corona virus since March. Now I don't need to tell you how completely laughable that suggestion is, even factoring in that they're less likely to get it. You also have to remember children under 5 weren't even being tested in the uk prior to last week.

The fact these figures are so miniscule also suggest an underlying condition such as asthma is unlikely to have that much of a detrimental effect, certainly not enough to massively increase the risk of death.

There are between about eight to ten million children between 0-14 in the uk and that poster reckons its more dangerous to say "1 in 5 million children will die" than 1 in 500 will. It is at that point I stopped responding.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
You do realize that Deeney does have a history of mental illness don't you ? My wife & I are long term Foster Carers for 3 of our Grandchildren aged 3,4, & 5 because our 36 year old Daughter is on permanent medication for mental health issues brought about through years of drug abuse. As a result she struggles to look after herself let alone 3 young kids. I may not be a psychotherapist but I know enough about people with mental health problems to understand how anxiety can play a key part in their condition. The actual experts are predicting long-term problems with mental health because of the lockdown which in effect has created this toxic anxiety within millions of people right across the globe. So all the signs, based on my own experiences, are that Mr Deeney possibly needs to speak to someone about his concerns. & for all we know he probably is.

& why are you bringing LFC into this particular debate ? Sounds to me like you do give a toss. It's a weird thing to bring up.

https://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/s...body-about-mental-health-they-cant-be-forced/
Probably because a Liverpool fan (that'll be you in this instance) is trying to convince people that Troy Deeney's concerns about restarting the league are invalid, going as far as to shamelessly drag up his mental health records as a means of discrediting him.

Is there no depth you lot will refuse to stoop in order to further your agenda?

redman5

Probably because a Liverpool fan (that'll be you in this instance) is trying to convince people that Troy Deeney's concerns about restarting the league are invalid, going as far as to shamelessly drag up his mental health records as a means of discrediting him.

Is there no depth you lot will refuse to stoop in order to further your agenda?
My agenda ? :lol:

Here's just a few of your quotes from this thread from the past 3 weeks. (I haven't even covered the LFC 2019/20 PL Champions thread) Just shows how bitter & twisted you've become to post this snidey little remark. I mean, why would I give 2 shits what another footballer says about cancelling the season. I've told you all along it was never going to happen.

You're some piece of work pal.

Sorry, have they been awarded the title already?
Liverpool, the club and its delusional fanbase, won't stop with their self-serving bullshit until they're gifted the title. Just give it to them and maybe they'll go away.
I wish they'd just hand City the title already, it was obvious they were going to win it.

I mean, why delay the inevitable?
We're not allowed to look either? Dammit.

Watching the likes of Jordan Henderson attempt to make a tackle blind-folded is worth any amount of risk, in my opinion.
It's a difficult situation for the mods regards their stance on Liverpool fans.

I mean, can you call winning the

'We tried, la. We really did. We ran a lot, we scored a lot, we VAR'ed a lot, we PED'ed a lot, we avoided injury a lot, we dived a lot, but ultimately shot our lot before the season ended' trophy

a league title?

I don't think so.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
My agenda ? :lol:

Here's just a few of your quotes from this thread from the past 3 weeks. (I haven't even covered the LFC 2019/20 PL Champions thread) Just shows how bitter & twisted you've become to post this snidey little remark. I mean, why would I give 2 shits what another footballer says about cancelling the season. I've told you all along it was never going to happen.

You're some piece of work pal.
You didn't like being called on your shameless behavior, did you?

Attempting to devalue Troy Deeney's concerns about the PL restarting by citing his history of mental health issues is a shameless act. You deserve to be called on it.

What are those quotes supposed to prove?

redman5

You didn't like being called on your shameless behavior, did you?

Attempting to devalue Troy Deeney's concerns about the PL restarting by citing his history of mental health issues is a shameless act. You deserve to be called on it.

What are those quotes supposed to prove?
Show me where I've mentioned his comments about the PL restarting. This is about him & his concerns relating to his child, & the fact that the risk of children dying from covid-19 are incredibly small.

You're pathetic. You really are.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Show me where I've mentioned his comments about the PL restarting. This is about him & his concerns relating to his child, & the fact that the risk of children dying from covid-19 are incredibly small.

You're pathetic. You are.
I know it was about his child, don't pretend you're missing the point. You are trying to discredit him by implying his history of mental health problems has affected his judgment. Which is absolute bollocks and you know it. You'll do anything to get the league restarted so you are yours can get your league title. You'd have it right now if it was up to me.

Why did you list those quotes, btw?

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

No actually you are, take a look at yourself ffs

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
No offense to you I was sure it was correct and in a way they did have a spike as the German poster then explained . So if you have never been wrong about anything in your life I apologise if you have made a mistake which you then held your hand up to just please just give it a rest ffs
I find it a bit odd you still took offense even though I prefaced my comment and said "we" as opposed to "you". Regardless, the easy thing to do is simply post links if you are refuting what someone else is saying, especially with regards to COVID. I shouldn't have to repeat myself but once again a) no offense to you and b) this applies primarily to the current pandemic. The misinformation out there is prevalent and WE (this includes me) all should take more caution in posting things we believe are true.

redman5

I know it was about his child, don't pretend you're missing the point. You are trying to discredit him by implying his history of mental health problems has affected his judgment. Which is absolute bollocks and you know it. You'll do anything to get the league restarted so you are yours can get your league title. You'd have it right now if it was up to me.

So why would I try to discredit him when the title's already sewn up ? I was always confident the PL would be concluded. Deeney's comments were totally irrelevant. I brought this to the table to highlight the massive negative impact covid-19 & lockdowns were going to have on the mental wellbeing of the nation. I used figures & a C4 article to back up my point. Troy Deeney's mental health problems are no big secret. & it's not his judgement that's up for question, it's more a case of him possibly needing some help to rationalise & understand his fears.

You do know it's mental health awareness week don't you ? Sounds like you, & a few others, would rather not talk about it.

Posh Red

So why would I try to discredit him when the title's already sewn up ? I was always confident the PL would be concluded. Deeney's comments were totally irrelevant. I brought this to the table to highlight the massive negative impact covid-19 & lockdowns were going to have on the mental wellbeing of the nation. I used figures & a C4 article to back up my point. Troy Deeney's mental health problems are no big secret. & it's not his judgement that's up for question, it's more a case of him possibly needing some help to rationalise & understand his fears.

You do know it's mental health awareness week don't you ? Sounds like you, & a few others, would rather not talk about it.
So you don’t think it’s right for him to be concerned about his infant child who is also unwell? How is that irrational whatsoever?

E-mal

It doesn't matter if the risk is just one child dying from it, that is significant to that bereaved family.
If withholding the league saves one more life, then is a sacrifice well worth it.

Roy'sMagicHat

Man, you’re on a United forum and far far too emotional to be here.

Do yourself and your family a favour, concentrate on them, stay out of here and enjoy your life as best you can.

Stay safe.

Last edited:

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
The comment about malaria is still the worst in this thread. No surprise it's the same bell acting up again. fecking cretin.

Last edited:

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan

The * Trophy is not the same as the Premier League Trophy :nono:

Last edited:

Tel074

I find it a bit odd you still took offense even though I prefaced my comment and said "we" as opposed to "you". Regardless, the easy thing to do is simply post links if you are refuting what someone else is saying, especially with regards to COVID. I shouldn't have to repeat myself but once again a) no offense to you and b) this applies primarily to the current pandemic. The misinformation out there is prevalent and WE (this includes me) all should take more caution in posting things we believe are true.
You really should get a hobby nstead of letting posts on here get to you . I've read some of the most mental crazy things on this place . It is what it is

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
No actually you are, take a look at yourself ffs
Seconded. Bloody hell. Those posts are seriously disturbing. Using Deeney’s mental health history to try and dismiss his concern about his baby contracting the virus. Even suggesting that Deeney’s state of mind is such that he’ll never be able to play again with that mentality. One of the most bizarre, twisted and craven set of posts I’ve ever seen on this site.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
That's not true at all. In Spain and Italy (very few other countries have reported death statistics to a reliable level yet) the 0-9 age group has a 1 in 500 fatality rate, and if his kid has breathing problems he/she will be well above that. I wouldn't take a 1 in 500 chance with my children and i doubt you would either.
And just because most kids are asymptomatic or very mildly symptomatic doesn't meant they can' spread the disease and their teachers and family are not kids and neither is everyone's elderly relatives.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
His worry for his young child has probably been accentuated by the fear of this virus. That was my point. I have a lot of sympathy for Deeney because he's just another victim in this 24/7 reporting of 'coronavirus'. From the moment we wake up to the moment we go to bed we get bombarded with it. You know how much it's affected him from what he said last week about all those people who've died could have fitted into Watford's Vicarage Road ground one & a half times over. It's quite obvious he has - just like an awful lot of other people - anxiety issues because of this. It's hard to see him kicking a football ever again unless he overcomes this, so maybe he needs some professional help to help him make sense of it all. Somebody to tell him that the odds of his baby dying from this virus is over 5 million to 1. Me personally I've still been working right throughout this pandemic. Working in the food manufacturing industry we're classed as key workers. However, just like footballers we have the option not to work if we feel unsafe & not suffer punishment. We've had over 30 cases of people testing positive for the virus in the place I work, all have since returned without any serious effects. I'm fairly convinced I contracted it way back in November whilst on holiday with my family in Florida. I had all the relevant symptoms: dry cough followed by a high temperature - which kept me bedbound for a few days - a week or so later. Loss of taste & smell. It also led to a serious chest infection when I returned home in late November which kept me off work for a couple of weeks. It was only after I recovered did covid-19 start to hit the news, so when they started talking about it I was able to realize that my illness was probably not just your regular flu virus.

You can see from this thread how we all have differing opinions on how to approach this virus. It might seem quite cold & callous to point out that the vast majority of deaths are the old, weak, & vulnerable. But sadly, it's also a fact. We can't change anything because it looks like this virus is going to run it's course no matter what we do with lockdowns, social distancing etc. Sitting around worrying about something that will probably never happen is crazy. But the media, & the government to a certain degree, will also be responsible for the many mental health issues that will arise because of this. Troy Deeney could well be a case in point & a prelude to lots of others who are set to follow.
I'd say his fear for his child has been accentuated by the quite justifiable and reasonable fear of this virus. To call him a victim of the reporting is utterly ludicrous. And I think there are over 300,000 people who don't have the luxury of siting around to worry, mainly due to many people, governments in particular, not taking this seriously enough. Over-worrying is only a concern for a very small proportion of people, who should be helped, as should anyone who suffers mental health issues as a result of the restrictions, but it isn't anywhere near the top of the list of concerns.

The current situation can of course cause or exacerbate anxiety issues but the UK is underplaying, not overplaying, the seriousness of things. Your "feck it, it will happen anyway and it is only the old who die" attitude is as uniformed as it is morally and ethically a bit sickening.

tenpoless

You can see from this thread how we all have differing opinions on how to approach this virus. It might seem quite cold & callous to point out that the vast majority of deaths are the old, weak, & vulnerable. But sadly, it's also a fact. We can't change anything because it looks like this virus is going to run it's course no matter what we do with lockdowns, social distancing etc. Sitting around worrying about something that will probably never happen is crazy. But the media, & the government to a certain degree, will also be responsible for the many mental health issues that will arise because of this. Troy Deeney could well be a case in point & a prelude to lots of others who are set to follow.
Ah, the old 'mental issues' argument. Scratching at a small thing when there's a much bigger issue. There are several things you need to know:
  1. The virus causes death and there is currently no cure for it
  2. Old, weak & vulnerable people are humans. Just like you and me. I'd imagine at some point, you will be old too, won't you?
  3. The effects of mental illness can be temporary or long lasting. But once you die, you die. What's worse? people worrying about news They read everyday or people dying from the virus?
  4. Sitting around worrying is not the same as lockdowns or social distancing. If you can't tell the difference between them or don't see any positives from lockdowns (in relation to slowing down the spread of the virus, not from pure economical point of view) then You are simply clueless

Strelok

The talks about risks to children here reminds me of this clip. I don't know if the clip is fake or not but it scared the shit out of me tbh. I have two sons age 4 and 2.5. Me and my wife got very emotional after watching, she almost cried.

Viewer discretion strongly advised, especially for those who have kids, watch at your own risk.

stevoc

Mostly common sense and based on what the medical experts are saying and have said for about three months.

To start with, the chances of a child between aged 1 - 10 actually even getting corona virus is multiple times higher than 1 in 500, them getting seriously ill from it even more higher.

In the UK most reports put the number of children between 0-14 years old to die of coronavirus at 3/4. Not seen any statistics focusing on the 0-10 range. New York have had 9 deaths between 0-17 years old. Most countries seem to have single digit figures.

That means that in order to believe that 1 in 500 children contract it and die in the uk, you would have to believe that only 1500-2000 children in this entire country have had the corona virus since March. Now I don't need to tell you how completely laughable that suggestion is, even factoring in that they're less likely to get it. You also have to remember children under 5 weren't even being tested in the uk prior to last week.

The fact these figures are so miniscule also suggest an underlying condition such as asthma is unlikely to have that much of a detrimental effect, certainly not enough to massively increase the risk of death.

There are between about eight to ten million children between 0-14 in the uk and that poster reckons its more dangerous to say "1 in 5 million children will die" than 1 in 500 will. It is at that point I stopped responding.
To be fair mate the guy you were replying to originally said 1 in 500 Children under 10 who do contract Covid19. Not just 1 in 500 Children in the population, but i get what you're saying.

For whats its worth i agree with your opinion that people shouldn't post stats/figures related to Covid19 based on made up/guesswork/inconclusive/manipulated data. Thats something we should all adhere to yet we're probably all guilty of at one point or another. And it should probably go without saying that this isn't the thread for it either.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

But why are you even bringing it up when his concern about returning to football is based upon his infant daughter who would be particularly vulnerable to this virus?

How is that not a valid concern? It is honestly really disturbing to bring up his mental health, and to suggest just talking to him would help him and persuade him to put his family at risk is insulting.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
If Liverpool are given the title or not I don't think anyone can take away how dominant they've been this season. They've been the best team in the league and I recognise them as such. All hyperbole and silliness aside I genuinely have no hard feelings towards most of the Liverpool supporters posting here and where I genuinely think perspective has been lacking it has usually been within understandable limits. However:

His worry for his young child has probably been accentuated by the fear of this virus. That was my point. I have a lot of sympathy for Deeney because he's just another victim in this 24/7 reporting of 'coronavirus'. From the moment we wake up to the moment we go to bed we get bombarded with it. You know how much it's affected him from what he said last week about all those people who've died could have fitted into Watford's Vicarage Road ground one & a half times over. It's quite obvious he has - just like an awful lot of other people - anxiety issues because of this. It's hard to see him kicking a football ever again unless he overcomes this, so maybe he needs some professional help to help him make sense of it all. Somebody to tell him that the odds of his baby dying from this virus is over 5 million to 1. Me personally I've still been working right throughout this pandemic. Working in the food manufacturing industry we're classed as key workers. However, just like footballers we have the option not to work if we feel unsafe & not suffer punishment. We've had over 30 cases of people testing positive for the virus in the place I work, all have since returned without any serious effects. I'm fairly convinced I contracted it way back in November whilst on holiday with my family in Florida. I had all the relevant symptoms: dry cough followed by a high temperature - which kept me bedbound for a few days - a week or so later. Loss of taste & smell. It also led to a serious chest infection when I returned home in late November which kept me off work for a couple of weeks. It was only after I recovered did covid-19 start to hit the news, so when they started talking about it I was able to realize that my illness was probably not just your regular flu virus.

There is a intrusive, stigmatising undercurrent to your posts that is unpleasant. I'm hoping that you've simply lost your mind in a weird football nerd tantrum, and you're not actually like this in real life.

rio's upper lip

redman5 needs his old user name back.

Anyways, back on topic. End the league and use PPG to determine the final positions. Start fresh in September.

What is it then?

1 in 5 million, or 1 in 500?

I will use Italy as i know that the best.

The government has published 1 in 500 as a case fatality rate for under 10s. Case fatality is not the same as infection fatality, it is only confirmed cases. To work out the infection fatality rate out you need to know how many people really had the virus, and serological studies in the worst hit part of Italy estimate the number of people who have had the virus is around 5% of the population.

There are around 280,000 under 10s in this area, so you can estimate 14,000 have had the virus, and 3 have died. Call it a 1 in 5,000 infection fatality rate, but remember that is only an estimate, and this is the worst area in the country. Nobody knows how many under 10s really die from the virus. But it is definitely not 1 in 5 million.

@stevoc - In both Spain and Italy it's the under 2 age group that is most affected of all children. I'm not aware of any deaths closer to age 10. Whilst it is a form of breathing issue, asthma is not one of the main identified comorbidities for the virus.

Last edited:

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Deary me, every morning I log on, it appears there’s another Scouse poster mired in controversy from their disgraceful posts the evening/night before.

The mask continues to slip from these cretinous creatures...

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The stress of the overall situation is definitely getting to a few people.

If you feel like it's becoming too much, step away from the forum..for your own good.

fck

Supports
Bayern
The stress of the overall situation is definitely getting to a few people.

If you feel like it's becoming too much, step away from the forum..for your own good.
yeah it looks like the higher the chances of the restart are the angrier it gets in here. Very odd.

Le Red

yeah it looks like the higher the chances of the restart are the angrier it gets in here. Very odd.
The funny thing about this discussion is that people seem way more concerned about millionaire celebrities returning to their jobs, protected by an expensive structure of safety measures, than they feel for blue collar workers of non-essential activities.

Le Red

I will use Italy as i know that the best.

The government has published 1 in 500 as a case fatality rate for under 10s. Case fatality is not the same as infection fatality, it is only confirmed cases. To work out the infection fatality rate out you need to know how many people really had the virus, and serological studies in the worst hit part of Italy estimate the number of people who have had the virus is around 5% of the population.

There are around 280,000 under 10s in this area, so you can estimate 14,000 have had the virus, and 3 have died. Call it a 1 in 5,000 infection fatality rate, but remember that is only an estimate, and this is the worst area in the country. Nobody knows how many under 10s really had the virus. But it is definitely not 1 in 5 million.

@stevoc - In both Spain and Italy it's the under 2 age group that is most affected of all children. I'm not aware of any deaths closer to age 10. Whilst it is a form of breathing issue, asthma is not one of the main identified comorbidities for the virus.
Somehow you managed to make a post based on facts, logic and mathematics.
As ever so common in debates plagued by hysteria, misinformation and make believe, the truth lies somewhere in between.

blue blue

Supports
chelsea
If Liverpool are given the title or not I don't think anyone can take away how dominant they've been this season. They've been the best team in the league and I recognise them as such. All hyperbole and silliness aside I genuinely have no hard feelings towards most of the Liverpool supporters posting here and where I genuinely think perspective has been lacking it has usually been within understandable limits. However:

There is a intrusive, stigmatising undercurrent to your posts that is unpleasant. I'm hoping that you've simply lost your mind in a weird football nerd tantrum, and you're not actually like this in real life.
I haven't read any Redman5 posts before the ones you quoted but I think he may have a point. Troy Deeney has had issues in the past and I'm not sure the premier league should be stopped because of a few players who don't feel safe. He battered a student lying injured on the ground outside a club in 2012 and didn't seem to be too concerned for the health of his victim or his own public persona at that point. He served time for that appalling assault so it's a bit wide of the mark to suggest Redman5's posts are stigmatising and intrusive.

I find it very difficult to decide how matters could be concluded fairly and equitably. All players, fans etc of a certain club have a vested interest and I don't see how that can change.

If this season isn't played out and Liverpool are handed the title then so be it. In the past I have facetiously suggested they should refuse the trophy on moral grounds but there can be no doubt that if they were "handed" the trophy it would be a tainted victory.