Could they void the PL due to the Coronavirus? | No | Resuming June 17th

Giggsforever

Explain to me the millions of people who have lost their jobs, the uptick in suicides, increased domestic violence cases, missed cancer diagnoses, and the countless amount of children who will starve globally because of broken supply chains.

Explain to me why Sweden is doing so well, and why states in the US who opened up weeks ago aren't burning to the ground and have moved on with their lives.

Why has Norway's health minister said the lockdown was pointless? https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/norway-health-chief-lockdown-was-not-needed-to-tame-covid

Are the very real concerns of these 6 physicians to be ignored? https://archive.is/Sa1KL

May 26th data from the CDC for probability of death:

This is only a fraction of the information available online. Feel free to do your own research, it's quite revealing. The lockdowns were a mistake.
Sweden is doing worse than the US. Sweden has a population of 10 million people and 4220 deaths. The US has 330 million and 103 000 deaths. The US also have large cities where people live not only close to each other, but on top of each other in skyscrapers. In these very, very densely populated areas corona thrives.

I can tell you that the quotes from the Norwegian minister of health is false. We are also still in lockdown, although some few restrictions are not in use anymore. It is also agreed that we will have restrictions in place at least until the 16th of august. We also, across all political belief, agree that the early lockdown in relation to the virus spreading across Europe, is what saved us from the death tolls as seen in Sweden and other places.

Edit: I just read the whole article in The Spectator now, and that is all made up and taken totally out of context. I would stop reading anything on there, because there for sure is no editorial scrutiny or checking basic facts.

Last edited:

montpelier

Everton vs Liverpool first weekend. Which if City drop points before could give LFC the Title?

Then they'll wonder about another infection spike on Merseyside.

All about the ££££ and gonna be shite anyway, imo.

Carolina Red

Staff
The lockdowns clearly did the job as we've seen a steady decrease in death rate's across the globe since they were introduced. The UK has seen a 500 per day decrease over the last 5 weeks alone. Italy, Spain and many other nations are also reporting a significant drop in death rates.

How can you say they were a mistake?
Because he clearly believes Googling things for a few hours = research.

We've literally got several frontline healthcare workers (doctors, nurses, etc.) on this forum who have been treating Covid this entire time @pseudo_canadian - feel free to go to the Covid thread in the CE and spout your theories there.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Good 30 games are being made free to air at least.

If it means more people stay at home to watch the free to air game on a Saturday/Sunday rather than going out unneccesarily to a town centre or the beach if it's 25 degrees that will be a good thing at least.

Judas

Open to offers
Good 30 games are being made free to air at least.

If it means more people stay at home to watch the free to air game on a Saturday/Sunday rather than going out unneccesarily to a town centre or the beach if it's 25 degrees that will be a good thing at least.
Hopefully this, but if pubs reopen its potentially a disaster isn't it? I know I'll be staying even more than I already am.

montpelier

Ah, according to the BBC some esp high profile games are going to be switched to neutral grounds if the police say so.

Oh well, I suppose the ship of integrity sailed a while ago, tbf.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Hopefully this, but if pubs reopen its potentially a disaster isn't it? I know I'll be staying even more than I already am.
Well if government sticks to July 4th at earliest for pubs then first 3-4 games won't be an issue.

I certainly won't be going to watch any games at a pub in July or August so up to people to remain responsible although I accept some establishments will try to flout the rules as I imagine pubs won't be allowed to show the games.

Judas

Open to offers
Ah, according to the BBC some esp high profile games are going to be switched to neutral grounds if the police say so.

That's mad isn't it. I get it but also, how can we possibly look at the end of this season as one of true meaning with how uneven it is? All a bit weird, its going to be fascinatingly bizarre.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Yes, bbc have that too. UEFA meeting follows at later time.
Would have been quite annoying if Europa league and FA cup both got dumped ruining our season.

Maybe we can salvage a trophy from the wreck of the season.

fps

Let’s be honest, whichever clubs get the results they want will be happy, the others will moan and whinge forever. Man Utd have to make sure they’re in the former.

arnie_ni

If all the players are tested before the match then why should they be quarantined?
Anyone flying into the UK has to quarantine and im sure other countries have this rule in place at present.

Are footballers exempt?

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Liverpool will bag their first Premier League crown and then the Champions League gets cancelled will be a sight to see on here :houllier::houllier:

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Wasn't it stated about the European Cup and Europa league being played in a world Cup style tournament? Meaning all the games would be played in 1 country and over a short period of time

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
All of you owe me an apology. I told you football would be back. Now it's coming back just like I predicted, BCD before July.

Called it. While you doom and gloomers look foolish now.

Well my obsession proved right.

Looks like I had a clue in the end, eh? my shit sources and taking out of context proved right. You were wrong and now look foolish. I thought the world was supposed to be ending??

Nailed it

Nope. You were wrong. The world is not ending. I told you football would be back and it is coming back. You now look foolish.

Okay but in the end I was right.

I thought it through. Look who looks foolish now. Told you football would be back.

@Pexbo looks like you lost the bet!
What a strange thing to be gloating about.

@pseudo_canadian has been shocking in here too.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I'm delusional. We got lucky with this virus. It's not that bad. What would your doom and gloom be like if we actually had a serious virus like the spanish flu or small pox? No disrespect to those that caught this virus, but in relative terms this virus was nothing compared to what we have experienced in the past.
Fixed your typo for you.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Wasn't it stated about the European Cup and Europa league being played in a world Cup style tournament? Meaning all the games would be played in 1 country and over a short period of time
Yep was mentioned on Sky at one point. Was said that the EL would be 4 1/4 final games, 2 1/2 final games and the final all in Gdansk and the same for the CL but in Istanbul. Each tournament could be done in a week and the players would not have to move around all over Europe.

Andersonson

Of course, the age is important here, and many professors has said there aint much risk for healthy people under the age of 45. Opening and playing with testing and no crowds is a good way to keep going and finishing the league.

It would also be smart, when its time to open up stadiums again, to have an age restriction. Around 95% of the deaths world wide are people age 65 and over. It's also my personal experience, that the older generation is those who give a feck about restrictions. Atleast in my country.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Of course, the age is important here, and many professors has said there aint much risk for healthy people under the age of 45. Opening and playing with testing and no crowds is a good way to keep going and finishing the league.

It would also be smart, when its time to open up stadiums again, to have an age restriction. Around 95% of the deaths world wide are people age 65 and over. It's also my personal experience, that the older generation is those who give a feck about restrictions. Atleast in my country.
Fun fact - sure you're less likely to die if you're under a certain age, however, what you don't read about is that no matter how old you are, once you've contracted this virus, it might cause irreparable damage to lungs, kidneys and/or heart, in a certain subset of the infected population. As in, a certain percentage of your organ function might never fully recover and you'll have a chronic disease. Doesn't mean much for the average person but imagine an elite athlete who loses even 5% of their lung function, or has to undergo dialysis for the rest of their life, or develops cardiomegaly.

Andersonson

Fun fact - sure you're less likely to die if you're under a certain age, however, what you don't read about is that no matter how old you are, once you've contracted this virus, it might cause irreparable damage to lungs, kidneys and/or heart, in a certain subset of the infected population. As in, a certain percentage of your organ function might never fully recover and you'll have a chronic disease. Doesn't mean much for the average person but imagine an elite athlete who loses even 5% of their lung function, or has to undergo dialysis for the rest of their life, or develops cardiomegaly.
https://www.healthline.com/health-n...id-19#Respiratory-infections-can-damage-lungs

Would recommend you to read this. Its fact check and a site than can be trusted. There are very little concern for long term illness for healthy young people. A football can break a leg and never play again, that risk is higher than never recovering from COVID-19.

" COVID-19 can be a severe illness, especially in people over 60 years of age or those with chronic diseases like diabetes and cardiovascular issues. "

Don't get me wrong, its a serious virus, but it mostly affect older people and other people with underlying illnesses. A professional footballer who gets tested twice a week and is under the best care possible isnt very much at risk playing a sport like football. Reports and analysis from close contacts within football is much much less than people think. The Norwegian governing body just published an article confirming this.

It can be read here: https://www.fotball.no/contentasset...-av-fotballkamper-i-aldersbestemt-fotball.pdf but its in Norwegian.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
All of you owe me an apology. I told you football would be back. Now it's coming back just like I predicted, BCD before July.

Looks like I had a clue in the end, eh? my shit sources and taking out of context proved right. You were wrong and now look foolish. I thought the world was supposed to be ending??

Nailed it

Nope. You were wrong. The world is not ending. I told you football would be back and it is coming back. You now look foolish.

I thought it through. Look who looks foolish now. Told you football would be back.

Scores of thousands DEAD in the UK alone and this is what you are here to post about?!

Catch yourself on, ffs!

TheLord

Liverpool supporters are hellbent on highlighting that the risk of dying is too tiny to be of any concern in young people, like footballers, while conveniently ignoring the fact that when you have a surge of SARS-CoV-2 infections in a community, the risk of older people contracting it proportionately increases.

The infections in the young and in the elderly aren't mutually exclusive, but rather run together, and more so when lockdown measures will be less stringent in the coming weeks. If anything, young people with the infection will more likely be "super-spreaders" as most of them will be asymptomatic, and will be doing activities that involve physical contact with many people.

Even though we don't have true numbers, thanks to inadequate testing, existing evidence suggest a world-wide SARS-CoV-2 infection fatality rate of ~2%, when averaged in all age-groups. In other words, if someone has a SARS-CoV-2 infection, there's a 2% chance of dying.

That is a scary number for a highly contagious virus.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Show me data from any of the badly affected regions in the world where doctors/epidemiologists have said that the lockdown has not helped mitigate the overall number of cases and prevented the number of deaths from being much higher. Go on, I dare you. I'm actually doing research on the epidemiology of the virus these days, just so you know, might take any "evidence" you find to show my colleagues so they can have a good laugh during this distressing period.
I'm more afraid stupidity like that spouted by this non-Canadian is transmissible.

rollingstoned1

Nailed it

while unlike most others here you did say football would be back - and maybe wanted it - was it that outrageous and also clairvoyant to think the game might be back in some capacity after 3 months? I mean a lockdown is definitely needed but when it's over 2 months it then becomes a decision between putting a pause button on everything and risking financial ruin or possibly remaining healthy after a point. By May most clubs and leagues were obviously going to try and see when they could finish the season by playing the percentages.

Mr Smith

The amount of dick measuring and point scoring going on in this thread in response to the news we're finally getting football back...