Could they void the PL due to the Coronavirus? | No | Resuming June 17th

Darlington Padgett

Did the government really say that close contact has to mean 15 minutes or more?!? If there was a shread of truth in that, the virus would hardly be spreading atall. Ridiculous suggestion!!
15 minutes without a mask or any protection. I guess you can go visit any nick relative to a hospital without a mas as long as you keep it short. The game should be postponed until they can guarantee no player was infected. They said the priority was safety but I see other interests are way more important.

K stand Red

So now we have removed the bonking ban and can form a bubble if I was to attend my lady friends house and engage in the best 30 seconds of her life!!! (on a good day) and subsequently tested positive for Covid 19 would this mean as part of the Govt track and trace mantra this encounter would not be applicable.

Or are the EPL/Sky now advising SAGE and the government

NYAS

The clubs will travel of course together to the away games with the bus, train or plane.
Only a idiot would think that a Newcastle player must drive to London in his own car for a match :lol:
Why wouldn’t they use the away dressing room? I don’t get the reasoning?

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I was thinking a couple of weeks back how strange PL football in June would feel but since then the weather has adapted itself to give a more normal feel to things.

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
Then in August a full month of European football.
Can't wait! Also living the vibe of this thread now. Lots of positivity and good feeling. No more of this doom and gloom, this virus is going to end humanity type of nonsense we were accustomed to a couple months ago.

Let's go!!

0le

Did the government really say that close contact has to mean 15 minutes or more?!? If there was a shread of truth in that, the virus would hardly be spreading atall. Ridiculous suggestion!!
I've not previously heard about this "15 minutes" rule anywhere. Unless the news reporter is mistaken, it sounds like somebody somewhere has made something up so that the Spurs-United game can still go ahead.

peridigm

With CL/EL dates set for August and PL starting back today, has the transfer window and start of the 20/21 season been set yet? How much of a break will there be?

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
With CL/EL dates set for August and PL starting back today, has the transfer window and start of the 20/21 season been set yet? How much of a break will there be?
In the article about the EL dates announcement on the UEFA website, it was mentioned that teams cannot play newly transferred players in this season's EL. So I guess it means the window may open in August.

TheReligion

Abusive
Just got the Villa Sheff United game on. Really weird feeling but I'm curious to see how it all comes together.

I hope it works well and we get some good football!

Fox_Chrys

Supports
LCFC
Yeah its in a guideline somewhere, it was in a bbc article regarding parliament, when one of the ministers tested positive, it was decided because he hadn't been with others in excess of 15 minutes they didn't count as close contact, and yes it is extremely loose as a guideline, makes little sense to me.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
People might criticize and condescendingly call the PL for deciding the criteria as to what constitute close contact as 15 minutes minimum stupid but at the end of the day they've talked and consulted with scientists and experts then came to that conclusion, an educated conclusion. And so far seems like they've been right. Players have been in close contacts with some of them infected yet due to them following the guideline drafted by the PL, the virus doesn't spread.

Tottenham and Norwich were in contact with an infected players yet the virus didn't spread. According to the guideline from the Pl, the Norwich player wasn't considered to be in close contact because of that same 15 minutes rule and it proved to hold some weight because at the end of the day their logic turned out to be sound. So I don't even know why people come on these threads and try to chastise the PL for implementing rules that have so far been working fine.

MancFanFromManc

RedCafe Ninja. Stalks the forum undercover, then w
This coronavirus is the strangest virus I've ever heard of. It's very dangerous the way it spreads.

It is so mysterious the way it lurks in schools, but then dies at Home Bargains.
It can wreak havoc in pubs and restaurants! Although it’s mind-boggling how it vanishes at the beach or in the park. Yet, standing to watch a marathon or at a gig or festival triggers its wrath.
It is sneaky. It can spread when buying clothes at Primark but not at Tesco's or Asda.
It is non-alcoholic. It can't spread when you are buying beer.
It lives for 24 hours on Amazon boxes, you must wait 24 hours to touch them but it can't survive on takeaway coffee cups, so enjoying a hot latte is safe.
It is the most curious thing, how it lives on footballs, tennis rackets and ballet bars, but dies on shopping trolleys and food.
It is spread by hair stylists, dog groomers, and dentists, but not by bank machines, cashiers, and fast food workers.
It's so smart. It won’t bother the first 6 people that get together but it knows when the 7th person shows up so be careful if that’s you.
It even knows what you want vs what you need. If you want a massage or your nails done it is very actively on the prowl and not even a mask can stop it. If you need a plumber, it is weak, and a mask will keep it away.
It also seems to be most dangerous after 5:30pm so businesses must start to close before the virus comes out and wreaks havoc upon the populations.
Whoever heard of such a smart sneaky virus?!? :smirk:

montpelier

I don't think the 15mins thing is anything to do with anything scientific really. It's just an arbritary measure to split close contacts from people you pass in the street.

It then creates leeway to allow stuff to get back moving again.

It doesn't seem completely unreasonable. Maybe the first thing this hopeless lying bunch of Tory shits done reasonably sensibly, even.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
This coronavirus is the strangest virus I've ever heard of. It's very dangerous the way it spreads.

It is so mysterious the way it lurks in schools, but then dies at Home Bargains.
It can wreak havoc in pubs and restaurants! Although it’s mind-boggling how it vanishes at the beach or in the park. Yet, standing to watch a marathon or at a gig or festival triggers its wrath.
It is sneaky. It can spread when buying clothes at Primark but not at Tesco's or Asda.
It lives for 24 hours on Amazon boxes, you must wait 24 hours to touch them but it can't survive on takeaway coffee cups, so enjoying a hot latte is safe.
It is the most curious thing, how it lives on footballs, tennis rackets and ballet bars, but dies on shopping trolleys and food.
It is spread by hair stylists, dog groomers, and dentists, but not by bank machines, cashiers, and fast food workers.
It's so smart. It won’t bother the first 6 people that get together but it knows when the 7th person shows up so be careful if that’s you.
It even knows what you want vs what you need. If you want a massage or your nails done it is very actively on the prowl and not even a mask can stop it. If you need a plumber, it is weak, and a mask will keep it away.
It also seems to be most dangerous after 5:30pm so businesses must start to close before the virus comes out and wreaks havoc upon the populations.
This isn’t half as effective as it would be posted alongside a Minions picture.

montpelier

Great stuff and a good analysis.

I'm worried now, if it has plans that are this cunning.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.

Also my wife is a cnut

90 + 5min

Watching interview today with one player from Dynamo Dresden. Anger towards german football association. They play 7 games in 21 days and people say that Germany have done well. No wonder they are without energy and have lost last 3 games leaving them last. It is about money.

JohnZSmith27

Was this copied and pasted from Facebook?

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Watching interview today with one player from Dynamo Dresden. Anger towards german football association. They play 7 games in 21 days and people say that Germany have done well. No wonder they are without energy and have lost last 3 games leaving them last. It is about money.
Ofcourse it is, just like with every other non essential business that has reopened, what exactly is the problem?

Redcy

That post needs a tinfoil hat, a flat earther profile pic and a “disgusten goverment are tryin to poisen my kids” antivaxx profile message.

90 + 5min

Ofcourse it is, just like with every other non essential business that has reopened, what exactly is the problem?
Problem is that it is not right. Problem is that every fundamental rock that football is build upon is moved. Football before everything. For the sake of money. Not for people. Not for fans. Not for anyone but football associations and money men. That said, I still watch games and have not turned my back against football but it is just wrong.

In Russia yesterday. Premier division. Rostov, fighting for 4th place, couldn't play with senior players and lost 10-1. Top division that is.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Problem is that it is not right. Problem is that every fundamental rock that football is build upon is moved. Football before everything. For the sake of money. Not for people. Not for fans. Not for anyone but football associations and money men. That said, I still watch games and have not turned my back against football but it is just wrong.

In Russia yesterday. Premier division. Rostov, fighting for 4th place, couldn't play with senior players and lost 10-1. Top division that is.
And its the same with every job essential business. Football is trying to recover from this pandemic the best way it can just like TV and drama, just like McDonald's, just like the local book shop, none of the them are the same as before but they're still opening again and not getting any shit for it let alone the shit footballs getting.

The lockdown has fecked the world economy, anything that can get it moving again (with the appropriate precautions) has to be done.