Could they void the PL due to the Coronavirus? | No | Resuming June 17th

montpelier

It's a lot better than I was expecting and the relatively low level - they aren't being stupid with it - takes the eerie empty stadium feel away I think.

Perhaps I do like football after all.

(they don't need a first half drinks break though, really)

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Tennis tournament in Croatia cancelled with Djokovic, Zverev, Cilic or Dimitrov because Dimitrov has announced that he has tested positive for COVID-19 today.

If football players would have a party night right now :rolleyes:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
How has everyone found it then (for those who aren't watching foreign leagues)?

Probably hasn't helped that most matches have been desperately dull for an hour until picking up (honourable exception to Spurs-Man. United which was really good watch).

Hopefully it's just everyone getting used to empty stadiums and intensity will increase as season ends and more is up for stake (certainly has in Bundesliga).

Always been a case of needs must now but the thought of this continuing until Jan 2021 is a pretty wretched thought. Seems there's more noises in last week about some form of fan entry from September onwards so let's hope that comes to pass.

MikeeMike

I know this is sour grapes but anyway. On BBC this morning , Mayor Joe Anderson called out on saying “understandable”.
then BBC saying “Many of the fans that congregated wore face masks”
Seriously!
It was clear that would happen but dont try to defend it verbally and then justify it with blantant untruths.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I know this is sour grapes but anyway. On BBC this morning , Mayor Joe Anderson called out on saying “understandable”.
Seriously!
It was clear that would happen but dont try to defend it verbally and then justify it with blantant untruths.
Hard to get too annoyed with fans who've waited three decades for this.

I live in Bournemouth and we've had tens of thousands of morons descend on my beach and shops this week simply because the weather was nice and they're on "Corona-holiday" from work.

Red00012

Seriously!
We’d be doing the same thing if we won the league . Can’t really complain about what’s going on.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
The powers-that-be got their fairytale ending with * winning the title so we should end the season now. We’d be saving ourselves from the current abomination that’s masquerading as a regular football season and we can save potentially hundreds of lives by denying * fans further opportunities to disgrace themselves in public.

Everybody wins.

Last edited:

Buchan

We’d be doing the same thing if we won the league . Can’t really complain about what’s going on.
We would but it still doesn’t mean we wouldn’t be criticised for it nor feel utter shame should we have contributed to a huge spike in community transmission off the back of it.

I said weeks ago that I don’t blame * supporters much as in the circumstances it’s understandable, i.e. 30-year wait, mass gatherings being cheered on by the media, politicians and even healthcare workers everywhere for the past month etc. The horse bolted on this one weeks ago but it still doesn’t make * supporters’ actions over the past 36 hours correct.

Judas

Open to offers
I'd feel a bit more rage if we'd not been seeing mass gatherings for many many weeks at this point. They shouldn't do it, but most people shouldn't be doing most of what they're doing in this country now so feck it, makes more sense for Liverpool fans to in the heat of the moment do what they did than morons going to Bournemouth beach for the day to cram together like sardines.

TheReligion

Abusive
BBC News - Fans' behaviour 'unacceptable' says Liverpool FC
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-53203765

Let's be honest their fanbase is constantly disgracing itself. It's literally a yearly occurrence. Assaulting old men and throwing them in fountains in Europe, attacking their own fans to steal tickets in Athens, ripping up seats and trashing the toilets at Old Trafford on several occasions, Heysel..

Every club has idiots I know but I've never known such a big club to have so many. It's not just a minority either as it happens all too often. I have always had a grudging respect for the club (even though it has let itself down badly at times i.e. Suarez/Evra) but the fanbase I absolutely despise.

I've seen videos of them driving up to Old Trafford the other day with cars decked out in LFC flags and what not. Then you have others who have trashed their own city and stuck two fingers up at coronavirus and our most vulnerable. Even after their complaints about the Athletico game and the government.

If that's their version of "celebration" they can keep it. Sad, pathetic, obsessive, cretins being shown in their true light once again.

Bwuk

Love the whatabouttery from their fanbase.

Always someone else’s fault.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
The powers-that-be got their fairytale ending with * winning the title so we should end the season now. We’d be saving ourselves from the current abomination that’s masquerading as a regular football season and we can save potentially hundreds of lives by denying * fans further opportunities to disgrace themselves in public.

Everybody wins.
Do you seriously think the league was re started just to give Liverpool the title?

HackeyC

Do you seriously think the league was re started just to give Liverpool the title?
Obviously not but the outcome was predictable and policing of it was a joke. I can't visit my mum but football fans have been given an unnecessary incentive to flout lock down and go on a social drinking session risking thousands of lives. But it's a great mood lifter apparently..... I missed football on TV but I miss my family, friends and playing football more.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
They’re obviously looking for a way to show how Liverpool ‘means more’ and how much better they are than any other fan base and decided the answer is hooliganism and putting lives in danger.

Buchan

They’re obviously looking for a way to show how Liverpool ‘means more’ and how much better they are than any other fan base and decided the answer is hooliganism and putting lives in danger.
You forgot the ‘attack emergency services’ bit, mate...

Despicable bastards. Have they any shame? They are a stain on English football. Always have been.

90 + 5min

Nothing strange. Everyone knew this would happen (except Daglish that is). After 30 years without PL trophy as one of the biggest clubs in England it is normal that people lose any normal thinking and celebrate all night. It is like putting wounded sheep with wolves and tell them, don't eat the sheep. The FA knew, Premier League knew, fans knew, players knew, police knew, goverment knew, city council knew. Everybody (except Daglish). Still they went on with the season this way. When R numbers go up again and people start filling hospitals they can thank everyone. Except Daglish, he didn't knew anything.

With videos coming out from last night, we can agree that it isn't positive for the image of the club and the fans.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Has anyone asked Dalgliesh for his latest thoughts?

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I’m disappointed but honestly I’m not surprised. There’s always a group within our base who will happily drag the clubs name through the dirt and call themselves ‘supporters’ afterwards.

I saw a video on Facebook of Liverpool fans attacking an ambulance and honestly I felt sick watching it.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool

Despicable bastards. Have they any shame? They are a stain on English football. Always have been.
That’s the one I saw. Hated watching it. Absolute lowest of the low.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/an...-merseyside-police-and-liverpool-city-council

"Naughty boys.... tut tut.

Please don't do it. Please.

And then we can have a huge parade in a bit".

The club set the example for its fanbase to follow with the shameful way they acted through the lockdown, so these disgraceful scenes should come as no surprise to anyone.

Ban all involved from football stadiums for life, no exceptions, and fine the club too.

TheReligion

Abusive
Bunch of cnuts.

So far they have trashed their own city, made numerous trips to Old Trafford and Goodison Park and whilst at the latter put flags on the Dixie Dean statue and covered up Everton's memorial wall, attacked the emergency services, broken all of the Covid legislation, been shamed by their own club and city mayor.

What an embarrassment.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
On the Covid breaches, the tone was set by the fecking animals in government. You can't really blame the public for not respecting the rules having had to sit still through months of Tory gangsterism by Boris and his thugs.

The rest of the stuff is indefensible.

MikeeMike

Anyone heard if FA Cup final has a planned date or will be behind closed doors? Sincerely hope they delay it until fans can attend. Would be simply aweful otherwise. (Just reading 1st August scheduled )

90 + 5min

Leicester might be going in a more stricter lockdown. I wonder for how long and what that will mean to Leaicester City? If it goes ahead.

From BBC

Speaking in the House of Commons on Monday evening, he added: "We recommend to people in Leicester, stay at home as much as you can, and we recommend against all but essential travel to, from and within Leicester."

Next game in few days time.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Nothing strange. Everyone knew this would happen (except Daglish that is). After 30 years without PL trophy as one of the biggest clubs in England it is normal that people lose any normal thinking and celebrate all night. It is like putting wounded sheep with wolves and tell them, don't eat the sheep. The FA knew, Premier League knew, fans knew, players knew, police knew, goverment knew, city council knew. Everybody (except Daglish). Still they went on with the season this way. When R numbers go up again and people start filling hospitals they can thank everyone. Except Daglish, he didn't knew anything.

With videos coming out from last night, we can agree that it isn't positive for the image of the club and the fans.
Is it feck, it is anything but "normal behavior" imo. I don't want to be associated with these morons who can't behave properly, regardless of what they're celebrating. Attacking an ambulance is a major no-no even in regular times, let alone during this pandemic. How sick, or blind drunk, or morally apprehensive (or all three combined) do you have to be to do such a thing? I don't have any time for these "fans", it's literally the most egocentric thing you could be doing right now and basically giving the finger to the NHS, people at risk, your own grandparents, you name it.

It genuinely thought the majority of the fans living in and around Liverpool would be smarter than that, and maybe the people in those videos are just a very tiny minority of our actual fanbase and 90% did actually behave, don't know, but it's a stain on our title win as far as I'm concerned. There are enough other ways to celebrate this.

90 + 5min

Is it feck, it is anything but "normal behavior" imo. I don't want to be associated with these morons who can't behave properly, regardless of what they're celebrating. Attacking an ambulance is a major no-no even in regular times, let alone during this pandemic. How sick, or blind drunk, or morally apprehensive (or all three combined) do you have to be to do such a thing? I don't have any time for these "fans", it's literally the most egocentric thing you could be doing right now and basically giving the finger to the NHS, people at risk, your own grandparents, you name it.

It genuinely thought the majority of the fans living in and around Liverpool would be smarter than that, and maybe the people in those videos are just a very tiny minority of our actual fanbase and 90% did actually behave, don't know, but it's a stain on our title win as far as I'm concerned. There are enough other ways to celebrate this.
I said it was normal to lose any sort of normal thinking because of all emotions. Not that it is alright. But normal. Something everyone knew would happen.

Those who were making problems don't need any comment. They do that by themselfs. And not in a good way. Attacking ambulance was just shocking to see.

djembatheking

These fans are real scousers, people from Liverpool that are the lifeblood of that football club that turn up and support the team through good times and bad and are horrible cnuts that really won`t give a flying feck what you think about them.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
These fans are real scousers, people from Liverpool that are the lifeblood of that football club that turn up and support the team through good times and bad and are horrible cnuts that really won`t give a flying feck what you think about them.
Rashford and Pogba don’t care what you think of their performances either buddy yet here we are both on this forum giving our opinion on stuff.