Could they void the PL due to the Coronavirus? | No | Resuming June 17th

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
We can still win the EL, don't worry.

I wonder what you will do with your free time when you won't be able to obsess over United after the banhammer is thrown around. :D
There's nothing on the main forum. Are you guys not discussing finances any more like you used to?

I suppose after re-perching, when I'm banned, I'll probably spend more time on BlueMoon. It's the natural evolutionary progress. :p

DoomSlayer

There's nothing on the main forum. Are you guys not discussing finances any more like you used to?

I suppose after re-perching, when I'm banned, I'll probably spend more time on BlueMoon. It's the natural evolutionary progress. :p
I guess you always need someone to look up to. :smirk:

BlueMoon might soon be changing colours, so you would fit in nicely there when their "fans" switch sides again.

JoaquinJoaquin

You'll certainly have to win a few more titles before you can make statements like that

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Man, this affecting Liverpool in any way would be just too perfect and so Liverpool - cancelling the Prem (seems unlikely), straight up awarding them it (forever tainted), even just having to win it behind closed doors after all this time.
Best case scenario now seems to be that City lose to Arsenal (won't happen) and that we win it at Goodison on Monday before everything is suspended / cancelled.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Best case scenario now seems to be that City lose to Arsenal (won't happen) and that we win it at Goodison on Monday before everything is suspended / cancelled.
Even in that scenario won't they just cancel all positions including champions for this season?

cyberman

Didn't Ferguson claim knocking us off the perch before overtaking our titles?
1 title in 30 years isnt knocking anybody off a perch.
You share a perch lower down with Leicester and Blackburn and the ilk

GazTheLegend

How much loss are Utd looking at for another season of no CL? If the season is abandoned then Utd are in Europa again right? Must be quite hefty by now, the financial buffers of earlier failures must surely have expired. Maybe there's a thread on it in the Utd forum. I'll check.
Don't get your hopes up, as things stand 5th is enough for CL football

SER19

La liga playing behind closed doors for 2 weeks, serie a off. Pl will surely follow soon.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I actually don’t want the title to be tainted for Liverpool - they’ve won it fair and square and deserve to enjoy it like everybody else (not that I will be watching any of it anyway).

They’ve waited long enough.

lysglimt

Scout
It would be fun if Liverpool and Leeds had to celebrate their titles….without fans :)

JJ12

You forgot the white text.
I won’t be watching them win it - whether it’s behind closed doors or in front of their numpty fans. Leave them have their moment.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Imo they should just scrap the whole season, pretend it never existed, it'd be unfair to make Liverpool champions as they could lose every single match from now on and they wouldn't have been crowned that way sooooooo.

red4ever 79

Think everything will be cancelled. If you take Serie A and all games suspended now for a month. How are they going to fit the backlog of games in before a potential European Championships. I have a feeling everything will be switched off fairly soon

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Euro play offs involving ROI and Northern Ireland to be played behind closed doors. Gives both a boost giving they're both away.

Can't believe the England Italy game is still going ahead or at least with a crowd. That will surely be announced as behind closed doors in next few days.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Think everything will be cancelled. If you take Serie A and all games suspended now for a month. How are they going to fit the backlog of games in before a potential European Championships. I have a feeling everything will be switched off fairly soon
Can see Euros being played next summer, seasons extended into June IF virus spread calms down in next few weeks. Copa America also cancelled until next summer

It dosen't and yeah football could be off full stop.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I actually don’t want the title to be tainted for Liverpool - they’ve won it fair and square and deserve to enjoy it like everybody else (not that I will be watching any of it anyway).

You don't know enough Liverpool fans

DVG7

I won’t be watching them win it - whether it’s behind closed doors or in front of their numpty fans. Leave them have their moment.
away! I hope they don’t even award them the trophy because the engraver just got back from northern Italy, then they all have to go one by one to the museum to look at the trophy, except the virus shuts down the museum too.

Judas

Open to offers
Euro play offs involving ROI and Northern Ireland to be played behind closed doors. Gives both a boost giving they're both away.

Can't believe the England Italy game is still going ahead or at least with a crowd. That will surely be announced as behind closed doors in next few days.
Fully expect that England/Italy game to be cancelled very soon.

Mihai

With the amount of money in the PL these days, they will probably suspend the coronavirus first.

RoyH1

It's beyond Italy now. Countries like Denmark are now playing games without spectators and asking people to avoid public transport at rush hours.

The FA and PL should be having games behind close doors now, and not wait it really hits home.

JJ12

You don't know enough Liverpool fans
What’s that got to do with them receiving the trophy in front of a crowd or not?

They’ll torture us either way so who cares.

Snafu17

They should probably just postpone the Euro to next year and play out the suspended seasons in the summer when it hopefully dies down a bit. Worst case scenario they do it behind closed doors.

Somewhere between this and the Qatar world cup the schedule will be completely fecked for the next three seasons.

Zexstream

Anti-anti-racist
I think its vital to suspend the premier league before Liverpool play their next 2 games. I am thinking of the fans here, we can't allow a packed Anfield to be hugging and kissing each other. Safety comes first.

Of course, if the suspension lasts too long, I am sure all premier league clubs will agree to just kill the season off and start afresh next year as if this year's season never happened.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
It's beyond Italy now. Countries like Denmark are now playing games without spectators and asking people to avoid public transport at rush hours.

The FA and PL should be having games behind close doors now, and not wait it really hits home.
Yep, pull the trigger right now or cancel the season.

It just seems that the UK is lax to react on every front thus far.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
They should probably just postpone the Euro to next year and play out the suspended seasons in the summer when it hopefully dies down a bit. Worst case scenario they do it behind closed doors.

Somewhere between this and the Qatar world cup the schedule will be completely fecked for the next three seasons.
Mate, Euros will be cancelled for sure.

The Purley King

All it'll take is one footballer to get it and everything will be off.
Imagine for example, let me think of a team...............I'll pick one at random........... Salah gets corona and all of Liverpool's teams (first XI, youth teams etc) have to self quarantine for 14 days. What happens then?
Just need City to beat Arsenal and I think we can stretch it out a bit more so it all gets called off before it can be completed.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Far more dangerous to have people crammed into pubs and interacting than being in a open air stadium where you don’t actually have to really touch anything, especially if you have hand gel on you.

SirAF

Ageist

Probably the worst post on the Caf this season.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
If Liverpool are denied the title, Leeds are denied promotion and City's bans sticks, I think we can finally say what we knew all along. God is a United fan and he has a brutal sense of humour.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Far more dangerous to have people crammed into pubs and interacting than being in a open air stadium where you don’t actually have to really touch anything, especially if you have hand gel on you.
Really? All the people from different places, coaches, trains, air travel, bars around the games, concourses, toilets, eating and everyone next to each other with no space, then going back home. Sounds like a recipe for disaster. And that'd be on top of the pubs.

It spreads through the air so your eyes and mouth would be exposed, even if your hands are clean.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
What’s that got to do with them receiving the trophy in front of a crowd or not?

They’ll torture us either way so who cares.
Because I and many others have had to endure their ego and general gobshiteiness for too long now, so it would be hilarious.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Really? All the people from different places, coaches, trains, air travel, bars around the games, concourses, toilets, eating and everyone next to each other with no space, then going back home. Sounds like a recipe for disaster. And that'd be on top of the pubs.

It spreads through the air so your eyes and mouth would be exposed, even if your hands are clean.
It only spreads through the air if you’re close by to someone coughing and they don’t cover their mouths. I’d back myself to not catch it in a stadium vs a pub with door handles/glasses/money etc always changing hands.