Could they void the PL due to the Coronavirus? | No | Resuming June 17th

SirAnderson

Who cares? Neither of them are gonna win the CL and neither are we.

We're currently 5th, if not for City's financial stuff we wouldn't be in the CL anyway.

Let Ole build the team and we'll get there if and when we're ready. The PL and domestic cups are important stepping stones to the CL, focus on them.
I care. It's not about winning the CL, it's about being in it. The financial implications for another year out will be big, not to mention losing out on big players because of that as well.
US being in CL doesnt stop us building the team?? In fact it would help more than being in the EL.
Anyway, to each their own I guess. That's just how I feel. You feel the opposite. All good in the hood.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
As much as I would love to see that title slip away from Liverpool.
The other implications are depressing as well. Both Arsenal and Spurs will be back in CL again when it eventually restarts and we will still be in EL. :(
Price it takes I guess to make it 31 years.
Or we mathematically win it and the PL decide to give it us with an asterisk. But the rest applies as you mention above. Hope that makes you sleep better. :p

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
2 years no, but surely not 2 months either.
Way the virus is spreading, it could go on till end of this year at least.
Depends on how well country take action to slow the curve down.
I'm no scientist by any means so won't predict anything but 2 years seems a bit mental.

SirAnderson

Or we mathematically win it and the PL decide to give it us with an asterisk. But the rest applies as you mention above. Hope that makes you sleep better. :p
:lol: I take solace in know that would not happen ever.
And hey, based on the above implications, I'm opening to giving you the title as it has been deserved. Helps (me at least) the sting that you won't be able to celebrate it as normal.

SirAnderson

I'm no scientist by any means so won't predict anything but 2 years seems a bit mental.
Spanish flu last 2 years from what I've heard, albeit that it had waves over those 2 years. But yeah I too don't think 2 years. If you look at China, it is abating because of the hard measures they eventually took, but still not sure how long they have to keep those measures in place before it clears up.
Been hearing that the latest date for a vaccine could be a year as well, so it's really crazy atm.

Rooney24

The league can only be on hold for 60 days before it is made null and void, in which case it would have to be restarted from scratch or wiped from existence entirely.
Where is this 60 days thing coming from? Have seen it quite a bit, but from what I have read there is Nothing at all in the PL rule book About a cancellation of the league.

redmanc

An improvement in the weather and warmer months will put the virus to bed long before 2 years, probably be winding down by the end of summer. The later end of each year is dubbed the cold and flu season as its easier for viruses and germs to spread in colder temperatures rather than in the summer.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Real Madrid players sent home because a player on the basketball team has caught it. That’s the City game off.

SirAnderson

An improvement in the weather and warmer months will put the virus to bed long before 2 years, probably be winding down by the end of summer. The later end of each year is dubbed the cold and flu season as its easier for viruses and germs to spread in colder temperatures rather than in the summer.
This has not been established yet.
We would hope it behaves like the flu.
But right now don't know how this virus will behave, at least on the temperature front.
In actually fact, it's getting into colder weather in the south hemisphere and warmer up North, but is still ravaging all over regardless of weather.
So for example, here where I am, is currently entering the cold and flu season.

JoaquinJoaquin

I think 2 years is more likely than 2 months.

People talking about CL places like that will occur 'next season'... and like 'next season' is gonna start in August...

Highly doubtful in my opinion.
I just cannot see sports effectively closing down for over a year, never mind 2. It would cripple too many teams financially.

I could see a delayed start to the Premier League next season though, maybe October time it will commence.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
You'd think a cure, or at the very least a means of containing the virus would have been discovered within 2 years.

Snafu17

Spanish flu last 2 years from what I've heard, albeit that it had waves over those 2 years. But yeah I too don't think 2 years. If you look at China, it is abating because of the hard measures they eventually took, but still not sure how long they have to keep those measures in place before it clears up.
Been hearing that the latest date for a vaccine could be a year as well, so it's really crazy atm.
I mean the Spanish flu happened a 100 years ago, in a war torn Europe, where a lot of countries decided it's best to deny it's existence for the sake of war morale. There would have to be a lot of feck ups for this pandemic to be comparable.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I just cannot see sports effectively closing down for over a year, never mind 2. It would cripple too many teams financially.

I could see a delayed start to the Premier League next season though, maybe October time it will commence.
A 2-year gap would be catastrophic for the game. It would essentially be the end for the smaller clubs and some of the bigger ones too.

Football may never recover from the financial impact.

SirAnderson

I mean the Spanish flu happened a 100 years ago, in a war torn Europe, where a lot of countries decided it's best to deny it's existence for the sake of war morale. Things would have to get really really bad for this to be comparable.
True, then maybe a closer one would be swine flu.
The 2009 swine flu pandemic lasted from
early 2009 to late 2010.

It could follow the same trajectory, early 2020 till late 2021. But this is so much worse than the swine flu in terms of incubation, level of contagiousness etc.

I surely hope a vaccine can be found well before the end of this year though.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
A guy on Joe Rogan said once China lifts the lockdown, it will return.

red4ever 79

Lot of cases in Iran and Calafornia counter that. Plus Malaysia too is seeing increased numbers and Austrialia

Captain16Keano

Christ you thick aren't you.
Have you not read anything in this thread and just came here to spew your ignorant rant that "boo hoo" your trip was a total waste. People are fecking dying!!! and you worried that you missed out on tourist attractions. Bore off.
I'm glad you not getting a refund so you get to feel a TINY fraction of the loss others are feeling having their loved ones taken because of this virus.

Bad version of the flu my arse.
Its estimated to be about 10 times more lethal than the flu. Yes, many more die from the flu than 'corona virus 2019' but it should be kept in mind this strain is only a couple of months old in its existence.

UncleBob

That's that then.

Expect the PL and the rest of Europe to follow suit at some point today. God knows when we'll see football again :(
Doubt it. Any other season, maybe, but with the consequences for Liverpool and the long wait they've had, they'll try everything they can to allow the season to finish