Could they void the PL due to the Coronavirus? | No | Resuming June 17th

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Lot of cases in Iran and Calafornia counter that. Plus Malaysia too is seeing increased numbers and Austrialia
No one has a clue because virus is new. That is the real answer. We'll find out in the next 6-12 months.

koop

Pretty stupid not to suspend the PL at this point. Jokes aside about the scouse, health comes before the PL.

Plus who wants to watch matches without a crowd in there providing the atmosphere? Besides City they won't really notice a difference :rolleyes:.

Djemba-Djemba

As much as I would love to see that title slip away from Liverpool.
The other implications are depressing as well. Both Arsenal and Spurs will be back in CL again when it eventually restarts and we will still be in EL. :(
Price it takes I guess to make it 31 years.
Why would Arsenal be back in the CL?

SirAnderson

I think it's probable that a spike will happen, but I wouldn't of thought it would be a huge number due to the amount of time in quarantine.
And one would hope that once you got it, you can't get it, that our bodies can create a natural vaccine. But from what I've heard on this thread or the one in the general forum is that it's already mutating.

Shark

@NotShark
It's happening :(
Wow, can't believe it. Was looking forward to an action packed year of sports tourneys as well. Cricket, football, Olympics etc.
Me too. This crisis will certainly make us appreciate what we have, but it all comes secondary now to protecting lives and hopefully things will return to normal sooner than later.

Dante

Average bang
Actually, I could see them doing a playoff for CL qualification and relegation, if push came to shove.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
My predictions: the powers that be are going to drag out the inevitable and make things worse as a result.

At the very least I’d say empty stadiums this weekend and cancelled after that, but that’s not a decision anyone wants to make, regardless of what is at stake.

shaky

Doubt it. Any other season, maybe, but with the consequences for Liverpool and the long wait they've had, they'll try everything they can to allow the season to finish
It would be ridiculous if Liverpool's situation is even a tiny consideration when it comes to deciding whether to call it off or not. It's going to happen. Just like in Italy, the moment a player is confirmed with the virus, they will be forced to shut it all down straight away.

SirAnderson

Me too. This crisis will certainly make us appreciate what we have, but it all comes secondary now to protecting lives and hopefully things will return to normal sooner than later.
True, so true.
We only have 13 cases in SA so far. But I fear once it hits the poverty areas and informal settlements, it will be so bad.
Can only hope our respective governments act hard and fast now with all the information out there.

Rafaeldagold

Absolutely gutted the Euros will be likely postponed . Had tickets for a game in Bilbao & had a great trip planned watching great games.

One thing to take my mind off Brexit & how awful that will be, with strong potential of a no deal One, and can’t even have a good summer.

2020 can fck off

shaky

La Liga just suspended the top leagues for at least 2 weeks. It's all over guys.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I am not sure how this works unless they shut absolutely everything down. The Real players have been sent home, but schools will be open? Their wives go and pick the kids up from school and bring them back? The wives could still catch it and bring it home.

Shark

@NotShark
Absolutely gutted the Euros will be likely postponed . Had tickets for a game in Bilbao & had a great trip planned watching great games.

One thing to take my mind off Brexit & how awful that will be, with strong potential of a no deal One, and can’t even have a good summer.

2020 can fck off
But at least the scousers won’t get their title :lol:

UncleBob

I am not sure how this works unless they shut absolutely everything down. The Real players have been sent home, but schools will be open? Their wives go and pick the kids up from school and bring them back? The wives could still catch it and bring it home.
They will start closing down schools. Has happened in Italy, Denmark, started happening in NOrway

Nogbadthebad

No chance our season finishes.

Playing behind closed doors would bankrupt most clubs in league one and two, and likely some in the championship. They rely on gate money to survive, paying everyone without any gate money is not an option.

They will need to end it completely, and likely still need to loan clubs money to keep them going.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

Playing behind closed doors would bankrupt most clubs in league one and two, and likely some in the championship. They rely on gate money to survive, paying everyone without any gate money is not an option.

They will need to end it completely, and likely still need to loan clubs money to keep them going.
They won't just keep doors open because they need the money. The league will do what needs to be done.

El Zoido

La Liga just suspended the top leagues for at least 2 weeks. It's all over guys.
Why do they suspend for only two match days? Do they really think it’ll all have blown over in two weeks? Football authorities really need to start making some big decisions about this.

shaky

Why do they suspend for only two match days? Do they really think it’ll all have blown over in two weeks? Football authorities really need to start making some big decisions about this.
That just buys them time to make a more long-term decision i assume.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

The game may never recover from this.

Smores

Probably an interim ruling to give them time to work through the details