Could they void the PL due to the Coronavirus? | No | Resuming June 17th

fps

*Takes a deep breath*

- to start with it isn’t the same association. The women’s Premier League, The men’s Premier League and the EFL league two are all ran separately. Please get this.

- all these associations independently consulted with their CLUBS and THE PLAYERS at length before voting and coming to a decision. The Men’s Premier league decided to continue. The EFL and Women’s league decided not to. Please get this.

- The main reason is that there is far more money in the PL and their Tv deals meaning they are best equipped and have the best facilities to put these testing measures in place. The EFL and women’s league do not have the finance to meet the running costs at putting all these testing measures in place. That is the main reason behind cancellation. The men’s PL is ultimately going to have to pump money into the EFL and the women’s game to stop them going under. You cannot say nobody is to play. Now we don’t know how exactly that is going to work, it’s still being discussed but it is 100% clear that the PL has to continue to make money in these coming months because it effects everyone along the football pyramid, the sooner you get this into your head the better.

- There is no gender issue at all here, and I actually find it quite repulsive that people are going down the gender inequality route to try and score points. Your suggestion that as they are the two top leagues makes them equal is actually laughable. The two are not even remotely comparable.

Above all else what makes your stance so completely ridiculous is that the top divisions in Spain, Italy, Germany as well as a whole host of other countries, have all either started or are planning to start the playing of their top division. The way you carry on you’d think ENGLISH PL had gone on some rogue personal crusade.
All absolutely correct.

fps

First in first out?
No toilets?
20k fans told to behave?

What could possibly go wrong
I was going to say, no toilets especially with football fans could lead to some seriously unbroadcastable images very quickly.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
You don't get it, and never did. What's "at times of corona"? When does that end? When there are no infections anymore? For how long? When a vaccine is found? Which might be never? So no fans in attendance ever again?

I'm really done talking to you. We disagree and I think your view is absolutely stupid, likewise for you regarding mine probably. That's fine by me.
Can't take the banter any longer !! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
20,000 people outside a football stadium is a little different to 100 people outside a supermarket don’t you think?

do you think football fans be ace exactly the same way outside a supermarket doing their weekly shop as they do when going to watch a football match?

you remember loads of fans congregating outside PSGs game behind closed doors don’t you? It’s not just British football fans that are idiots, there is a good % of football fans everywhere who are complete idiots. Would I trust the vast majority of football fans to Adhere to the ideas you have put forward? No.

if your team is losing 3-0 at the 80th minute, then every Tom dick and harry will be wanting to leave the ground. Your not going to get them to wait in their seats until they can form an orderly 2m spaces queue, section by section, stand by stand.

I’m not sure if youve ever been to a football match if you Believe this is remotely possible.

you can’t have fans and socially distance.
You're trying to debate with a guy who thought they could close the toilets on match days! And thought i was mad pointing out that's illegal.

romufc

Not saying it should go on but surely you can take SOME risk. How many evacuations have there been over the last 20 years?
Whatever it is, they must find a way of getting fans into the ground. Football was meant to be this exciting, entertaining sport and without fans it is simply boring.

Having watched a few Bundesliga games behind closed doors, it fails to grip attention.

I worry that if we have to play a year without fans, football will lose some fans.

There is no excitement to the game. Yesterday's game was such a big game but didn't feel like it.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Whatever it is, they must find a way of getting fans into the ground. Football was meant to be this exciting, entertaining sport and without fans it is simply boring.

Having watched a few Bundesliga games behind closed doors, it fails to grip attention.

I worry that if we have to play a year without fans, football will lose some fans.

There is no excitement to the game. Yesterday's game was such a big game but didn't feel like it.
I watched it with background noise on and it was the real experience, barely any difference with a stadium full of fans. It felt real, it was done really well, actually it was great. After 10' I forgot that it was BCD and was able to enjoy it like any other game. Great addition, because the games where you can hear the players talk to each other and where it's dead quiet are indeed hard to keep your attention on.

romufc

I watched it with background noise on and it was the real experience, barely any difference with a stadium full of fans. It felt real, it was done really well, actually it was great. After 10' I forgot that it was BCD and was able to enjoy it like any other game. Great addition, because the games where you can hear the players talk to each other and where it's dead quiet are indeed hard to keep your attention on.
Maybe it is something for the TV companies to come up with something to grip the viewers? Definitely something they will be looking at.

It could be the difference from people watching games and not.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Good, now imagine all them entering 1 small door.

5-10,000 people allowed to go to a match but observing social distancing. They will be queuing for miles. Nightmare for the cops to have a line sneaking around god knows how many streets for hours.for a 3pm kickoff you’ll be queuing from 1pm. You most definitely will want the toilet then!

romufc

5-10,000 people allowed to go to a match but observing social distancing. They will be queuing for miles. Nightmare for the cops to have a line sneaking around god knows how many streets for hours.for a 3pm kickoff you’ll be queuing from 1pm. You most definitely will want the toilet then!
Fans are not patient, can you imagine fans actually queueing up from 1pm ? I don't think so. This will put more pressure closer to KO when most of the fans are not in the stadium.

Getting people in is manageable however; when it comes to leaving the stadium, this can be a mess. I do not believe fans will have the patience required

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I actually preferred the Dortmund Bayern game without the crowd noise. The intensity of the match seemed higher with the sound of players and coaches screaming. You could feel it meant a lot to them by the volume of chatting and instructions.

The issue with the crowd noise was that it didn't ebb and flow with the match and seemed like a constant drone of noise. The player noises though matched the situation.

Eendracht maakt macht

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Supports
PSV Eindhoven
It was better than without crowdnoise but definitely not even close to a stadium full of people in my opinion.

Wolverine

Contact training will resume. Will be interesting to see how its done in parallel to testing, what infection control measures are in place and whether it diagnoses more covid cases as a result and how players will respond to that if cases start to increase.

Highfather_24

What happens when players start testing covid-19 positive? Will the league still move ahead? Or will it be stopped? Is there any chance that it might be null and voided if players start/staff start testing positive?

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Any news when it might start again? Feels like it is soon getting too late.
I read June 20th somewhere, not sure where it was. Realistically it would indeed be the weekend of the 13th or 20th in June, I'd think.

blue blue

Supports
chelsea
A restart is not looking good. Since they started testing in the PL there have been 8 positive tests. This has happened in a very short period of time.

I suspect there will have to be a two week isolation period before they can even consider contact training let alone starting matches. Talk of getting crowds into stadiums at this point is just a distant dream.

romufc

A restart is not looking good. Since they started testing in the PL there have been 8 positive tests. This has happened in a very short period of time.
You mean it is looking good. 8 is such a smaller number.

first it was 6/ 780
then it was 2/980

Those are clearly good signs. That is less than 0.5% being positive.

blue blue

Supports
chelsea
You mean it is looking good. 8 is such a smaller number.

first it was 6/ 780
then it was 2/980

Those are clearly good signs. That is less than 0.5% being positive.
I like your positive vibe but I suspect there will have to be at least a two week period after the very last positive test result. As far as I can see they are testing players and staff twice week. That's nearly 4000 tests a week that have to remain positive. I just feel that's a bit too much when the country is getting 2,000 new cases each day. I know these cases are from people showing symptoms but there are a lot of people that are either not getting tested or showing symptoms.

I think the answer will come from more testing but I don't know if they are simply testing to see if anybody has actually got the virus or if they have ever had the virus and have antibodies.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
I like your positive vibe but I suspect there will have to be at least a two week period after the very last positive test result.
Doubt that - Germany had more positive cases in the period between May 1st and May 16th (the restart) yet the schedule went through as planned.

InterFan1998

Supports
Internazionale
I like your positive vibe but I suspect there will have to be at least a two week period after the very last positive test result. As far as I can see they are testing players and staff twice week. That's nearly 4000 tests a week that have to remain positive. I just feel that's a bit too much when the country is getting 2,000 new cases each day. I know these cases are from people showing symptoms but there are a lot of people that are either not getting tested or showing symptoms.

I think the answer will come from more testing but I don't know if they are simply testing to see if anybody has actually got the virus or if they have ever had the virus and have antibodies.
Isn't the 2 week period only for the player(s) who tested positive? It would not impact rest of the players or training.

blue blue

Supports
chelsea
Isn't the 2 week period only for the player(s) who tested positive? It would not impact rest of the players or training.
I don't even know if there is two week isolation period. I just assumed there would have to some form of isolation period.

What if a player had full contact trained with team mates and tested positive after training with them? This doesn't necessarily mean he caught the virus from them but it means he caught it somewhere and then could have potentially given it to them during training. So in those circumstances it does impact other players, doesn't it?

Badry

Supports
Liverpool
I think it doesn't impact other players if they tested negative. Self-isolation is only for those tested postive.

romufc

I was alot more pessimistic 2 weeks earlier. We have seen the Bundesliga go on with positive tests a week prior and no one spoke about it.

Looks like the PL still has a couple more weeks before it restarts anyway.

I don;t think they have rolled out antibodies testing in the PL yet.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
You don't get it, and never did. What's "at times of corona"? When does that end? When there are no infections anymore? For how long? When a vaccine is found? Which might be never? So no fans in attendance ever again?

I'm really done talking to you. We disagree and I think your view is absolutely stupid, likewise for you regarding mine probably. That's fine by me.
Only a few months without football and you act like you'll die without it. Will it kill you to wait for next season before even considering letting thousands of people gather at one cramped place where They'll be shouting and their droplets will fly all over the stadium? nobody in their right mind would want to wait till the virus is gone 100% because it's simply impossible, but let's wait and see and not make such a rushed decision. In my mind it's better to wait, even till next year, if that means the decision would have considered all the plausible options and opted for the best one. And not from "I'm bored" point of view, but to save lives and reduce the burden at hospitals.

What's the difference anyway, at least for supporters, you can still watch those matches at home. No fans in attendance would mean smaller chance of Virus spread caused by football. Less people = less risk. Football clubs can stream matches and charge money. Win win solution. If Premier League does resume, I'd prefer this option. I swear, all these 'tough', impatient fans wanting to go out to watch football because They're bored, not used to this, etc but I bet all it takes is one kid beside them coughing and sneezing and They will shit themselves. Imagine going home from the stadium and tell your wife "Honey, there was this kid who sneezed at me at the stadium, do you think I should take the rapid test now?"
Wife : "Get out and don't talk to me, feck you and your shitty sports you bellend"

Santoryo

ripping the reward

I suspect there will have to be a two week isolation period before they can even consider contact training let alone starting matches. Talk of getting crowds into stadiums at this point is just a distant dream.
Meanwhile in the real world contact training about to resume and nothing looks as bleak as presented in your post.

Megadrive Man

Supports
Liverpool
What happens when players start testing covid-19 positive? Will the league still move ahead? Or will it be stopped? Is there any chance that it might be null and voided if players start/staff start testing positive?
There is a 0% chance that the league will be null and voided. The league will either be finished behind closed doors or on some sort of points per game basis.

The League will come back either on the 12th or 19th of June behind closed doors. If players test positive for covid 19 they will have to self isolate.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
No chance.

It's already been 'gifted' to Liverpool* by the FA, the Media and Liverpool* themselves, or else!

Le Red

*Takes a deep breath*

- to start with it isn’t the same association. The women’s Premier League, The men’s Premier League and the EFL league two are all ran separately. Please get this.

- all these associations independently consulted with their CLUBS and THE PLAYERS at length before voting and coming to a decision. The Men’s Premier league decided to continue. The EFL and Women’s league decided not to. Please get this.

- The main reason is that there is far more money in the PL and their Tv deals meaning they are best equipped and have the best facilities to put these testing measures in place. The EFL and women’s league do not have the finance to meet the running costs at putting all these testing measures in place. That is the main reason behind cancellation. The men’s PL is ultimately going to have to pump money into the EFL and the women’s game to stop them going under. You cannot say nobody is to play. Now we don’t know how exactly that is going to work, it’s still being discussed but it is 100% clear that the PL has to continue to make money in these coming months because it effects everyone along the football pyramid, the sooner you get this into your head the better.

- There is no gender issue at all here, and I actually find it quite repulsive that people are going down the gender inequality route to try and score points. Your suggestion that as they are the two top leagues makes them equal is actually laughable. The two are not even remotely comparable.

Above all else what makes your stance so completely ridiculous is that the top divisions in Spain, Italy, Germany as well as a whole host of other countries, have all either started or are planning to start the playing of their top division. The way you carry on you’d think ENGLISH PL had gone on some rogue personal crusade.
Thanks for letting sound the voice of reason, even though it falls on deaf ears more often then not.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
After a slight decline it’s doubled. Frightening stuff. Do the right thing.

K stand Red

How will this play out with the track and trace starting from tomorrow if a player tests positive following contact training

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
*Takes a deep breath*

Tbh last 2-3 weeks I've been finding this thread increasingly hysterical, the sheer lengths some of the anti restart brigade are reaching to try and find holes in any and every aspect of football returning is hilarious, from some strange Britains got talent comparison to trying to concuct a sexism storm.

Last edited:

arnie_ni

Some club will have 4 or 5 people in isolation at some stage.

Maybe not necessarily from the one test, but with isolation overlaps periods.

arnie_ni

Tbh last 2-3 weeks I've been finding this thread increasingly hysterical, the sheer lengths some of the anti restart brigade are reaching to try and find holes in any and every aspect of football returning is hilarious, from some strange Britians got talent comparison to trying to concuct a sexism storm.
We hate football sure

90 + 5min

*Takes a deep breath*

- What I meant was it is same country. I was wrong writing association but it is still same country. Even if it is run separately they are connected. PL can't do what they want, neither EFL. Without talking to eachother. Just look at all the talk about promotion / relegation.

- Consulted maybe. Then voted. That is not the same as that they all wanted to play.

- The main reason is only money. Nothing more, nothing less. Ofcourse money effects football. From top to bottom. Nobody has said anything else.

- If you want you can say that there is a gender issue. Women are treated differentley. Lot of Premier League teams have teams in Womens League. To say that there is no resources for women to continue but there is for men is funny. Yes, there is more money in mens football, we all know that.

- Yes, all those countries have started planing or playing. But you forget to mention those countries who have deicded to stop leagues.