Could Utd be sold soon?

Morpheus 7

My thoughts are it's the daily star and it's time for bed. We can't shift Darmian to a club that wants to buy him, good luck getting rid of the Glazers.

J_XO

We would become everything we’ve hated on. Though, we aren’t exactly the club we used to be now anyway.

(Oil) Money is taking over everything now so we should probably get used to the idea.

JMack1234

I don't believe this story for a second. However, I would not be surprised if sometime in the future some oil rich family give the Glazers an offer they can't refuse.

FujiVice

It would be goodnight from me.

Its not true anyway. Its the Daily Star for fecks sake.

FujiVice

I don't believe this story for a second. However, I would not be surprised if sometime in the future some oil rich family give the Glazers an offer they can't refuse.
Its inevitable that we'll be taken over by the mega rich in the future. Sadly the people who can afford to pay over a billion pound for the biggest sports franchise in the world generally arent the type of people you want running your business.

The Don

Metrosexual Candy Shagger
Dayman, ahhhahhhahh, fighter of the nightman
Apart from the Bayern Munich model (run by club legends, part owned by fans, stealing all the talent from other German clubs etc.) what is the ideal scenario, when it comes to ownership of the club? Surely the next best thing is to have owners who want to buy success and will spend whatever it takes?

Champagne Football

The Daily Star is on the banned list when it comes to posting rumours. And on top of that no credible source has picked up on this. I'll say no more

Infra-red

Apart from the Bayern Munich model (run by club legends, part owned by fans, stealing all the talent from other German clubs etc.) what is the ideal scenario, when it comes to ownership of the club? Surely the next best thing is to have owners who want to buy success and will spend whatever it takes?
Yes, that is the next best thing (benevolent dictator). The Saudis are a long way from that. With utter cnuts like them in charge, it would just become very hard to care anymore.

FujiVice

If you were worth £850 billion, why would you care about winning the Premier League? I'd just buy by own football league and I'd play for the league champions every year.

"And the Ballon D'dor winner for the 10th year in a row is ..."

J_XO

The ‘source’ is Twitter. We get stories like this every year and nothing happens, I doubt this is any different.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Daily Mirror, Daily Mail, Daily Star, Daily Post... just how Many dailies are there?

The Don

Metrosexual Candy Shagger
Dayman, ahhhahhhahh, fighter of the nightman
Yes, that is the next best thing (benevolent dictator). The Saudis are a long way from that. With utter cnuts like them in charge, it would just become very hard to care anymore.
Hmmm...
What would an amazon logo look like on our shirts? I might give Jeff a call. He's rich enough and all our matches could be shown on amazon prime and all our merch sold with free one day delivery. :wenger::p

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Seems it's based on us forming a partnership with them last year and nothing more.

Can see it coming in eventually as it makes sense that the Saudis would want to get involved with football and with a partnership already in place between us, it would make sense for it to be us. The only thing that might make them go elsewhere is that City are already owned by the Abu Dhabi's and they could have a much easier time in Germany, Italy or Spain.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
People realize not every rich Saudi is part of the Saudi ruling regime right? Not saying I've looked into this but there are many rich Saudis who are actually critical of the ruling Saudi regime.

EDIT: I'd still dislike it but just saying the "I'll stop supporting United" stuff makes no sense. This is modern football. We are all a bunch of pawns making billionaires richer.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Only way to compete with City. I hate daily star but I hope it's true.
Money spent isnt the issue, we spend more than enough. Dont see how this is the only way to compete with city.

They would probably be better than the Glazers as I doubt they would be taking money out of the club.

Some of you guys are strange - nothing would stop me supporting Utd ❤

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Why hasn't this been locked yet? Anyone making a thread off the back of a Daily Star article should be banned.