Could Utd be sold soon?

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Will be pointing at the owner again when we went from title contenders to mid-table, fighting for top 4. Repeat and rinse
Bone saw for Woodie? :p

The saudis always believe in pay folks well -- but they will be expected to loyal as feck to the extent of being treated like a whore.

SqueakyWeasel

But you were busy preaching the whole thing wasn't even true because of some twitter deep dive nonsense?
This doesn't actually change anything, the story has always been Utd aren't for sale but if 4b is offered they'd think about it.
I guess they haven't offered the 4b as of yet.
I have not changed my stance on this in any way, so please feel free to quote me where you think I have. I've always said there is not anything concrete in any of this in my opinion. No-one has never supplied any facts to back up the rumour and conjecture,

I don't understand what you're trying to say here, I was "preaching", sorry for having an opinion on a discussion board.

You say I was spouting "nonsense" about a "Twitter deep-dive" theory? That would allude to the the exact opposite of what I have been saying all along. It indicates at least some level of journalistic investigation while, as I have always been careful to state ,in my opinion, this was reported off the back of a single unsubstantiated "feeling" someone shared on Twitter that blew up out of all proportion and became "fact", it grew legs simply because of who we are.

I'm still of the same opinion and that is what the article I quoted above continues to support. Nothing has changed.

I was merely observing that the people who, earlier in the thread, were using "there's been no comment from United" to support their theories, are now using "there has been a denial by united" to support the same theories.

Last edited:

The Last Jedaiiii

If you think the Sheik bought a mid table struggling club so he could take them to the top of European football, you are deluded. He was rumoured to be buying Liverpool or Newcastle but they didn’t have any land in their Cities for him to buy. The UAE investment group are property developers and bought City a) Because they had land around the ground b) The Council leader is a City fan and smoothed planning permission and c) he has access to most of Ancoats to redevelop.

If he’s such a fan, why has he only been once? It is part business and part vanity that made him buy it. We don’t hear much about ‘The project’ anymore and after ten years and £3, 000,000,000 and counting they still haven’t won the CL.

This talk of the Saudi’s buying out the Glazers is a joke. Sunni Muslims buying from American Jews? You have to ask yourself what’s in it for the Saudi’s? To make money? They have enough and if it was to make money then they will be as bad as the Glazers. Another bull shit story from the mirror.
Sunni Muslims and American Jews (especially the type who support Bibi Nethanyahu) are not exactly enemies these days. There exists a vast right wing movement led by Putin in which the RW of Israel, America, the UK & Muslim worlds are aligned.
Remember that Islamic Fundamentalists are RW, and only differ on 2 factors:
1) Religion
2) Skin Colour.

Bashar al-Assad, Erdogan, Bibi et al are all on the same side. Look at Russian Oligarchs who are suddenly obtaining Israeli Citizenship and their connections to racist governments in the West. The only relatively harmless one is Abramovich, but even he is close to Jared Kushner & Ivanka Trump. Farage et al are in league with ISIS. If you don't believe me, look at who funds both (Putin). Who did the Glazers vote for in the 2016 election? (Not Hillary Clinton). It all adds up.

BULB

United have probably been one of the best investments the Glazer's have ever made, not to mention the networking and business opportunities that have presented by owning us.

People don't like selling their best investments, particularly with the TV rights in Asia and India expected to grow strongly for the next two decades.

There is nothing to suggest the Saudi's owning us would be anything more than "an investment", the same way Arsenal and Liverpool are to their owners.

red4ever 79

These stories wont go away will they. Let's see. I would be very surprised to see the Glazers cash in on us. With that being said we could have all the money in the world but we still need to improve our infrastructure with a DOF and better recruitment/scouting.

LegendCantona7

I don't understand the logic behind wanting these guys to be the owners of Manchester United.

Look at the House of Sauds links to the Wahabi sect of Islam. The same sect that these extremists follow. Look up the history of Abd Al-Wahhab and his connections to the house of sauds. This sect is only a couple of 100 years old and thr suffering done by ISIS and other extremist groups today is because of this sect. They are greedy and murderous.

People will just do anything for a bit of success for their football club. Thats City fans for you. They don't care what their owners do as long as they bring a cheap smile to their face. I will never follow United if that lot take over.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
it alll adds up.
Please take your mad Zionist conspiracy theories elsewhere. The Glazers are just an American business family looking for a profit. There's plenty to dislike about them in the real world without talk of lizards and global conspiracies.

But,y'know,we could spend millions on players if the Saudi's takeover.:rolleyes:
Like we haven't done that already.

In the context of United I would pretty darn depressed if this takeover actually materialises.

redDNA

Supports
Enyimba FC of Aba
If the Saudis bought United,I would end my 20 years support for united and maybe football.

They should look for another club to rinse their blood money after spending billions spreading political Islam and the ultraconservative Wahhabism that is destroying Sub-saharan Africa with barbaric sharia laws, this ideology is been followed by Boko haram,All shabbab and other terrorists groups in Africa.

SSSSnake

If the Saudis bought United,I would end my 20 years support for united and maybe football.

They should look for another club to rinse their blood money after spending billions spreading political Islam and the ultraconservative Wahhabism that is destroying Sub-saharan Africa with barbaric sharia laws, this ideology is been followed by Boko haram,All shabbab and other terrorists groups in Africa.
Behave. You won’t quit supporting United.

sunama

Baghdad Bob

Behave. You won’t quit supporting United.
Indeed.
He'll be cheering every goal our new Galacticos score and he'll be praising the Gods that the Saudis came in for us. :yawn:

clarkydaz

These stories wont go away will they. Let's see. I would be very surprised to see the Glazers cash in on us. With that being said we could have all the money in the world but we still need to improve our infrastructure with a DOF and better recruitment/scouting.
Why? They are blatant money people and don't give a shit about the club or sport.

reddaz71

Amusing that many on here up in arms about the saudis yet are deeply oblivious that the usa more than anyone contributed to the creation of ISIS post 2003,just do your research before slating one or the other.

For what its worth, the saudis would be a far better proposition for Utd in the sense that the club will be debt free amongst other things,that in itself is a big positive!

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Amusing that many on here up in arms about the saudis yet are deeply oblivious that the usa more than anyone contributed to the creation of ISIS post 2003,just do your research before slating one or the other.

For what its worth, the saudis would be a far better proposition for Utd in the sense that the club will be debt free amongst other things,that in itself is a big positive!
The Glazers created ISIS? The dirty feckers!

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude

Are any of the glazers part of the ruling dictatorship in anerica? Then you just made a shit point.

Bob H from Manchester

FWIW also, I find it weird that fellow United supporters are squealing with excitement at the remote prospect of achieving the same ownership (in ethical terms) as City, while many of those same supporters have been involved in the long-running racist tinged discussion about City being in exactly that position.
In effect; the vague possibility of Arab ownership has much of our fan base creaming itself at the thought of taking on the characteristics that we've tried to use as a stick to beat our neighbours with.
We're in a right mess.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus

Think the difference it that the Glazers don't run the USA. The Saudis are directly linked to a lot of bad things.

Bob H from Manchester

Think the difference it that the Glazers don't run the USA. The Saudis are directly linked to a lot of bad things.
You think that the Glazers don't make political donations / don't influence the attrocious US foreign policies?
I think that you're just guessing and hoping for the best because a bit of investigation would show you that the Glazers have backed Trump and other previous heinous regimes.
Anyhow, regardless of that, we're already in bed with the Saudi's and have been loving their funding of our club via sponsorship for a long time so don't worry because we don't have any moral high ground to fall from.
We're also proud to be strategic partners with Saudi Arabia, read up and learn. https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/manchester-united-agree-strategic-partnership-in-saudi-arabia

Speedicut75

FWIW also, I find it weird that fellow United supporters are squealing with excitement at the remote prospect of achieving the same ownership (in ethical terms) as City, while many of those same supporters have been involved in the long-running racist tinged discussion about City being in exactly that position.
In effect; the vague possibility of Arab ownership has much of our fan base creaming itself at the thought of taking on the characteristics that we've tried to use as a stick to beat our neighbours with.
We're in a right mess.
That's the mentality that informs most decisions football fans make. I live in Stockport and am surrounded by City fans, and was constantly lectured by my friends & neighbours that football was all about supporting teams from your local area and had nothing to do with business or finance, or receiving money from overseas; it was, at its purest, an expression of your steadfast allegiance to your home community without the artificial blandishments that money-hungry corporations such as MUFC sell their integrity on a daily basis to achieve from markets abroad.

Once the Arabs took over their club the said same people were dancing outside the Etihad with tea-towels lashed to their heads in full celebration of the fact a Middle-Eastern potentate had bought their club!! In fact, when I raised the obvious question of hypocrisy, I was told that, with mocking reference to Harry Enfield's Brummy millionaire, "we are considerably richer than you."

Makes no odds what the ethical, or moral, implications may be where fans are concerned, self interest and a strident belief in the politics of one-upmanship will always prevail when making trite observations about the "righteous" nature of your club's position in the pecking-order.

Last edited:

reddaz71

You think that the Glazers don't make political donations / don't influence the attrocious US foreign policies?
I think that you're just guessing and hoping for the best because a bit of investigation would show you that the Glazers have backed Trump and other previous heinous regimes.
Anyhow, regardless of that, we're already in bed with the Saudi's and have been loving their funding of our club via sponsorship for a long time so don't worry because we don't have any moral high ground to fall from.
We're also proud to be strategic partners with Saudi Arabia, read up and learn. https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/manchester-united-agree-strategic-partnership-in-saudi-arabia
Spot on Bob.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
The amount of pages this thread has gone through without much, if any, concrete evidence of an actual Saudi takeover.

f_to_z

I really hope it does get sold. Just so the Glazers are gone. They are running United like a business not like a passionate football club with history. Back when Ferguson was manager they did not have a word, nor did Woodward. Now without Ferguson they are clueless of to how to run the club. Right now anybody buying the club is an upgrade to our current owners.

If Saudi do buy the club, regardless of political views, I think they will run it better than the Glazers will ever do. Arab Owners have proven in two different occasions that they can turn around clubs not just by money but also by great boards, vision, and management. Manchester City is one and PSG is another. If the Saudis have the same approach of investing, appointing the right people and keep supporting then United will be really untouchables.

First all the clubs debts will be gone. Second they will never take loans against the club since they dont need the money. Third, their main target is not to make money as they have it in abundance. Their main target is to prove they can imitate and beat what the UAE has done with City and what Qatar has done with PSG. What better motive to turn us around more than this.

stevoc

So the majority do not want the immoral Saudis while the same lot are quite happy to be strung along by a family from the only country to have used a nuclear bomb...:rolleyes:
First the Glazers dropped atomic bombs on Japan and now they created ISIS. Bastards.

What else have they done? Don't tell me they were behind Kleenex Mansize tissues being renamed too?

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
This is a fair point but you still can not equate the Glazers or Utd's current deals in Saudi Arabia with being owned by the Saudi Royal family.

Yes Ed Glazer does support Trump and has held fund raisers for him. Yes Utd has a deal to help build football in Saudi Arabia and a long standing deal with Saudi Telecom.

Here's the difference though, Ed Glazer has not personally held back women's rights for generations, allowed the public stoning beheading and even crucifixion of people or personally backed and bankrolled a war in Yemen that has devastated civilian communities killing thousands of innocents. Saudi Telecom hasn't done this either. The Saudi Royal family has. The dodgiest connection is the Saudi General Sports Authority, which is a government body, but it oversees sports in the Kingdom rather than war, justice or human rights.

Just because something has the word Saudi in it does not mean it is immediately responsible for the above, the Saudi Royal Family is responsible, full stop.

You can get as excited as you want over Saudi money pouring into the club, but if this happens (and that seems unlikely at the moment) you'll be no better than City, and personally owned and used by a backward, violent and extremist regime.

If you need links have a look at this https://www.amnesty.org/en/countries/middle-east-and-north-africa/saudi-arabia/report-saudi-arabia/

tieunhilang

I don't understand the logic behind wanting these guys to be the owners of Manchester United.

Look at the House of Sauds links to the Wahabi sect of Islam. The same sect that these extremists follow. Look up the history of Abd Al-Wahhab and his connections to the house of sauds. This sect is only a couple of 100 years old and thr suffering done by ISIS and other extremist groups today is because of this sect. They are greedy and murderous.

People will just do anything for a bit of success for their football club. Thats City fans for you. They don't care what their owners do as long as they bring a cheap smile to their face. I will never follow United if that lot take over.
I know you have a lot of issues about it. But just imagine Harry Kane up top, Martial on the left, Mbappe on the right, Dybala in middle, Pogba and Kante sharing the center... No more waiting til the end of season in fear that either Liverpool or City may take it, and have to support Chelsea for the title as though you are their life-long fans... Also no more cheering for Real Madrid in a Champions League final in fear that Liverpool might take it. Surely not?

stevoc

I know you have a lot of issues about it. But just imagine Harry Kane up top, Martial on the left, Mbappe on the right, Dybala in middle, Pogba and Kante sharing the center... No more waiting til the end of season in fear that either Liverpool or City may take it, and have to support Chelsea for the title as though you are their life-long fans... Also no more cheering for Real Madrid in a Champions League final in fear that Liverpool might take it. Surely not?
Thats only about £500-600m worth of players there probably more.

Some don't seem to realize even if United were bought by an Oil rich Gulf state we wouldn't be able to spend much more than we are already capable of. FFP would stop any money being pumped in directly for transfers. And the City method of circumventing FFP via fake sponsorships probably won't work either to any great extent. They peg their sponsorship income to legitimate sponsorships like United's, but United already have most of the highest paid sponsorship deals so we couldn't really bullshit that Saudi Telecom etc suddenly want to pay us double what Chevrolet does.

We need an rvn

The amount of pages this thread has gone through without much, if any, concrete evidence of an actual Saudi takeover.
Because takeovers like these will be without much concrete evidence, especially if it's involving the Saudi's at the moment. If it's a true story then there will be a lot going on behind the scenes and something we'll only find one when it happens. If nothing comes of it, nothing was there in the first place if you and I are to know about it.

wolvored

Thats only about £500-600m worth of players there probably more.

Some don't seem to realize even if United were bought by an Oil rich Gulf state we wouldn't be able to spend much more than we are already capable of. FFP would stop any money being pumped in directly for transfers. And the City method of circumventing FFP via fake sponsorships probably won't work either to any great extent. They peg their sponsorship income to legitimate sponsorships like United's, but United already have most of the highest paid sponsorship deals so we couldn't really bullshit that Saudi Telecom etc suddenly want to pay us double what Chevrolet does.
Doesnt FFP work on the money coming into the club? We had £590 million and this is predicted to pass £600 million end of financial year. This means without fiddling we could easily spend £500+ million a season

stevoc

Doesnt FFP work on the money coming into the club? We had £590 million and this is predicted to pass £600 million end of financial year. This means without fiddling we could easily spend £500+ million a season
I’m by no means an expert mate but I’m almost certain it’s not quite that simple. FFP is about balancing the books. It takes into account incomings and outgoings. United might bring in £600m but £300m of that goes out on wages. Then you have scheduled installment payments for players signed 1-2-3 years ago. Agents fees, bonuses, probably image rights and hundreds of other expenses the club has committed to paying every year. So no I wouldn’t imagine we can spend £500m in one window.