Could we get relegated? | United officially now safe from relegation for 2019/20 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
And who was it under whom Bruno came to the club...!? Solskjaer!! Because he's the first manager since Fergie who's making United style signings! I say this, then remember how well Martial is doing and how Solskjaer's improved him and Rashford's playing well and improving now he's in his best position with a manager who believes in him and doesn't sign bloody Sanchez to replace them both on the left and....
I agree. Solskjaer's management of Martial has probably been my favorite thing about his time here if i had to pick one thing. He's been faultless with him. He was grinning like a Cheshire cat yesterday. I haven't seen him as happy as he has been under Ole in years. It's great to see him believing in his young squad, nurturing them, instead of setting them against each-other like a certain someone.

I think it's easy to take it for granted, but he hasn't been making signings for his short-term benefit, even when his back was against the wall, which you can argue, is to his own detriment considering how short manager's contracts are in the modern game. That would have been the easy option wouldn't it? He could have flung Martial and Fred to the wayside, and bought a bunch of 30 year old's in January if he wanted to.

It was a dark time in October, and i didn't think he would turn it around back then, but he deserves a ton of credit for showing the character he has since.

Truly, right now, he deserves all the credit in the world and i'm happy to give it to him.

Last edited:

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
It's always the same people embarrassing themselves, one day they might get it, but I doubt it.
My experiences as a bartender and football fan, are that the negative, and often clueless ones, are the loudest. ;)

I too played FM back in the days, and know that you can just spunk out £100-200m and win with ease.
The players and coaching staff are all human, small real life things can affect them and their performance. They are not robots.

MoskvaRed

Fears of relegation may have been over the top but we should not go too much the other way - we are still only 5th despite Arsenal collapsing into irrelevance and Spurs having a very troubled season. The jury is still out on this manager and squad in terms of Manchester United standards. The main positive of course is the change in recruitment strategy and the attendant effect on club culture and so there should be something to build on if we need to upgrade on Ole at some point. Hand on heart, it does not feel like we are assembling a title winning team like in 90-92 but we’ll see next season.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Of course the fears of relegation were hyperbole, but let’s not start sucking each other’s dicks quite yet, we’re still only 5th, behind 2 teams we have no business being behind.

tomaldinho1

Of course the fears of relegation were hyperbole, but let’s not start sucking each other’s dicks quite yet, we’re still only 5th, behind 2 teams we have no business being behind.
Yep agreed - 31 games played and sitting on 49pts is very very average. Need to have a really strong run until the end of the season now.

Ace of Spades

With the team we had for most of the season, Chelsea and Leicester both are better.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
To be fair to myself, I try to keep myself off here during bad periods/match days as I tend to get a little emotional (please no one look up my match day posts :lol:) and I wont apologise for it!

Pretty sure my post @Lynty quoted was tongue in cheek, but I was definitely nervous about the thought of going down that's for sure.

Also @rotherham_red, questioning how good of a fan someone is by said fan showing concern is a tad oxymoronic, looking back me having a concern was stupid and hilarious, sorry if I dont qualify as a top red like you though.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
What people don't seem to be getting is why Bruno helped us out so much. In Solskjaer's system the number 10 role is the most important role and for much of the season we had it filled by arguably our two worst players in Lingard/Pereira. The number 10 was the last missing piece so signing Bruno completed our system, to an extent (still need a starting RW obviously). Bruno just being a good player coming in isn't why we've gone up up a level, but Bruno coming in and fitting into a system tailor made and crying out for a player like him is why we've gone up a level.
wed better get a pretty decent backup so!

Lynty

To be fair to myself, I try to keep myself off here during bad periods/match days as I tend to get a little emotional (please no one look up my match day posts :lol:) and I wont apologise for it!

Pretty sure my post @Lynty quoted was tongue in cheek, but I was definitely nervous about the thought of going down that's for sure.

Also @rotherham_red, questioning how good of a fan someone is by said fan showing concern is a tad oxymoronic, looking back me having a concern was stupid and hilarious, sorry if I dont qualify as a top red like you though.
Summed up well.

I quoted those posts with no agenda but to have a giggle.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Summed up well.

I quoted those posts with no agenda but to have a giggle.
It's okay, no offense taken! It really is quite funny looking back, it's why I'm glad I'm almost 30 and haven't grown up with my life documented on social media, there would be a lot more embarrassing stuff to quote! :lol:

Thanks for the laugh though, puts it into perspective of how crazy I go when we're not doing well.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
There have to be dozens of threads on here where a number of posters made complete tits of themselves.

Thumbs up to anyone who spends the time finding them

MoskvaRed

There have to be dozens of threads on here where a number of posters made complete tits of themselves.

Thumbs up to anyone who spends the time finding them
In 1972, Chinese Premier Zhou Enlai was asked about the influence of the French Revolution and (apocryphally) said “it’s too early to tell”. We are not winning the league next week. It’s a bit early to be patting ourselves on the back because our rookie manager was given another 50 million to spend on a player in January.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
In 1972, Chinese Premier Zhou Enlai was asked about the influence of the French Revolution and (apocryphally) said “it’s too early to tell”. We are not winning the league next week. It’s a bit early to be patting ourselves on the back because our rookie manager was given another 50 million to spend on a player in January.
Not when it was completely obvious to rational people that many of the teams failings originated from a lack of creativity.

Let's face it, a lot or posters here made complete arses of themselves at certain points this season

meamth

He's right. If you remember how bad we have been during the season so far, you wouldn't be getting carried away after one match.

Bruno has had a massive impact on the club. We were in a dark time. He lifted the whole club with his arrival before he even set foot on the pitch. Do you think we would be putting in performances like yesterday with Lingard/Pereira on the pitch instead? We weren't exactly setting the place alight before were we?

Solskjaer deserves a lot of praise, of course he does. To come back from that point takes a lot of character. I don't think he would say Solskjaer deserves no praise at all. He was just highlighting the effect Bruno's signing has had.
Nah I can't stand the guy, he ignore lists people when he felt annoyed. El3mel and his ridiculous Ole out agenda.

About the first part of your post, I remember exactly why we were in dark times, we sold off players and injuries to core players.

Glad I have well functioning football brain.

Dash247

Was really hopping for Chelsea and Leicester to lose today and Arsenal win. Only one of that happened. I still feel Leicester will drop points. We gotta win them all including the last one against Leicester.

Status
Not open for further replies.