Could we get relegated? | United officially now safe from relegation for 2019/20 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

SplitzMagic

We are and have been the new AC Milan for a long time now.

They're yet to be relegated so if we get relegated... Wow.

All I can say is we are not looking good and I don't think we will for years to come as we have lost a generation.

For example we are seeing a new city generation with their squad, same with Liverpool, Spurs etc...

Chelsea, Bayern and Real Madrid are entering this phase where they are reshaping.

But when you look at us... There is no identity to our team whatsoever apart from De Gea in goal and Pogba in midfield (sometimes).

I can't tell if this utd team is the start of a new generation or the end of one which is why I think we need to skip this generation and wait for the next.

We all remember the great teams of the 00s... Now can we say were in the same in the 10s? Cant say that we are even near. 10 years ago we had a squad as good as city but 10 years later ours is way off the quality needed to be remotely as good and we all scoffed when pep was spending huge to fix problem positions bar mendy.

So yeah, awful.

romufc

We will be in a relegation fight come March.

A team that cannot create chances and score goals will always have troubles.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

That statement is insanity at this point. There's no evidence at all that it is remotely possible with this group.

We go until its mathematically impossible eh?
Probably what Woodward is telling the investors on the phone since this morning. Incredible what the combination of an ex-legend at the helm, a bunch of youngsters wearing the shirt and the story of a proud and hard-working British core can convince our fanbase to accept.

Last night a very knowledgable journo in my country, albeit a hardcore Liverpool fan, was saying (in response to a question about the tolerance our fans are showing) that, in the Championship, Solskjaer will find his true level, the kids will see plenty of gaming time due to the lack of money and the British core will be a given since no good foreigner will come to play in a lower league... and still some United fans will be in lala land. He then went on to say that when it happened to them, they didn't have an example to avoid and that we don't have an excuse for going down the same way.

You know it's insanity when Liverpool journalists and ex-players are the voice of reason when it comes to United matters.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Could we get relegated ?
Yes.
Will we ?
No.
Pretty much this.

Assuming we lose to Liverpool next game, we will have gone a quarter of the way through the season and amassed 9 points. The teams we've played in that period have been a fairly fair reflection of the games you're likely to play - not a hugely easy run, but not too difficult either.

We're probably going to end up with 45-49 points this season. I'm expecting us to finish somewhere between 12th-8th.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I put a fiver on it at 1000/1 at the beginning of the season...

Amazing how quickly things have unraveled.
You should definitely keep an eye on the cash out on that one.

The second Ole is sacked, it'll plummet.

astracrazy

We will be in a relegation fight come March.

A team that cannot create chances and score goals will always have troubles.
We won't be in a relegation fight, we will be in the group of teams just above. Lower table but safe.

BaneIsPain

No but thinking it is possible if we keep up same performance on the pitch.

Roy'sMagicHat

Back into work today but my mind is still preoccupied by United. I’ll be surprised if we’re not in the relegation zone after the Norwich game.

It’s just upsetting. There’s certainly a chance that we’ll be in a relegation dogfight at the very least.

I mean, where are the goals going to come from?

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
The fact we could get relegated is all part of the longterm plan to lower our expectations for the club.
Maybe finishing 7th in a season from now would be viewed as a sign of improvement under Ole,well that would be Ole's thinking atleast.:lol:

JG3001

I think the ‘saving grace’ is Ole will be sacked long before the very real possibility sets in. I see a 10th place at this point.

If we continue with him I genuinely do believe we’d be in a scrap.

That PL table since he took over, which is doing the rounds on the boards, says it all.

Siorac

250 to 1. Anyone who genuinely thinks we could can make a lot of money. Post slip otherwise it's all talk. Easy way to settle these stupid debates
"Could" doesn't mean "likely". Just because I believe something has a chance of happening doesn't mean I'm willing to risk money on it.

Sterling Archer

It just hit me that Ole has previously had a club relegated from the Premier League. We are now also on the same trajectory. It seems like a crazy extrapolation but I was honestly shocked to see the likes of West Ham, Newcastle and Leeds drop down in the past. At this rate, given the tangible history of the managers previous stint and the current display, it's an eery feeling. We're fecked til January with the squad Ole and Woodward have wittled us down to. It will take a Herculean effort from any new manager to bring us into the Top 6 let alone 4 by the end of the season.

bonothom

Genuinely think it's a possibility

Surely our league form since the PSG game would put us in the bottom 3? Can anyone confirm or deny this

What do you think?
14th I think since Mid March. Only Brighton, Southampton and Watford with worse records of the teams that have been in the division both seasons. United are in relegation form and only a change will turn things around.

Last edited:

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
What on Earth?
Did you accidentally tune into the PL years on sky instead of our match, mate?

3rd or 4th? Hahahaha. We won't get close. More likely to finish 3rd or 4th bottom than top with this manager and group of players.
This is surely a WUM but we've amounted 17 points in 17 games under Ole after the new manager bounce wore off. That's almost half a season of shitness which would see us relegated if it continues. Not sure what your prediction is based on but I admire your optimism.
I don't think we'll be relegated but it will be our lowest finish in a long time. Maybe 10-12th. No way will we finish 3/4th!!!
Mate, you're dreaming.
That statement is insanity at this point. There's no evidence at all that it is remotely possible with this group.

We go until its mathematically impossible eh?
Apologies if I missed anybody, but I take it that none of you agree.

Let's just see where we are the come the end of the season. To be revisited.

Inter Yer Nan

I think there's perhaps an outside chance but it still feels totally remote. You'd have to imagine the defense will keep us in enough games we'd deserve to lose and with a bit of extra quality here or there you'd have to imagine we have a bit more than Norwich, Villa, Newcastle etc; I think we are without question the worst coached team in the league and our team is probably on paper the 7th or 8th best in the league so something around 12th-14th looks most likely at the minute.

Since the PSG game I'd be interested to see how many teams are worse than us. It's something like 5 wins in 23 isn't it?

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
I think there's perhaps an outside chance but it still feels totally remote. You'd have to imagine the defense will keep us in enough games we'd deserve to lose and with a bit of extra quality here or there you'd have to imagine we have a bit more than Norwich, Villa, Newcastle etc; I think we are without question the worst coached team in the league and our team is probably on paper the 7th or 8th best in the league so something around 12th-14th looks most likely at the minute.

Since the PSG game I'd be interested to see how many teams are worse than us. It's something like 5 wins in 23 isn't it?
Serious question for the research team, how many times in this shocking sequence of results have we been seriously showed our backsides, as in 3-0, 4-0 dickings, haven't most been by a single goal?

Schneckerl

Apologies if I missed anybody, but I take it that none of you agree.

Let's just see where we are the come the end of the season. To be revisited.
Do you have insider information about five incoming January transfers or why the unwarranted positivity?

Thisistheone

Hang on i'll try and edit you in with the other none believers above....
Fair play if you truely believe we'll finish 3rd, I'm just not sure you do.

Bare in mind there's never been a manager in history who's turned things around this dramatically. Something like a 17% win rate. When things are this bad, it always ends up one way and thats the sack.

Betson

At least a relegation dogfight will keep our interest going in the league until the end , nothing worse or more boring than nothing to play for months before the end , which is likely to be the case as we end up comfortable in mid table.

Kemizee

If we're in the bottom half of the table by the new year we'll sack Ole, bring in one of the rotating mercenary managers, stabilise ourselves, give him a full season, sack him when it inevitably turns to shit and start the process all over again.
Why do we never learn? We are in October and we still have a long way to redeem the mess we are in with Ole. Why wait till new year? Even the staunchiest of Ole supporters are only 'hoping' now cos we all know this is ending only one way. Why not do it now and get the season back on track?

Langers7274

The worrying factor is that when you go on a winless run so long as you keep creating chances law of averages state eventually your luck will change, however, we are not even creating and that's extremely worrying. No recognised goal scorer to come in, no creativity in midfield, where are the goals going to come form to get us out of this mess... and Ole bangs on about how we keep playing the same way and not changing style my god!!! His plan A clearly isn't working and he has no plan B, for me if we lose against Liverpool (which I expect) he has to go!!

Schmeichel=God

To this very day, in 18 years of being legal for sports betting, I have never placed a bet.

It's time. Well done Ed.

Only questions are who to bet with and how much.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
We can get relegated because people running the club from top to bottom don't really seem to believe that this is a crisis

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Could we get relegated? "No", I don't think so.
The question should be: are we in a relegation battle? 2 points from the relegation zone means that, "yes",we are in that battle.
Hiring a Championship grade manager was always going to be a risk that does not seem to be paying off.

The board are happy though - Ole doesn't moan about lack of spending, so that's a plus for him. Also consider that the fans are not going to be vocal against Ole, as he is a club legend, which gives the board protection from angry fans.
I said before the Summer that this season we will finish 8th (not relegated) and that Ole will be fired in 2019. I see no reason to change any of these predictions.

Devil may care

No, if we keep Ole then yes it's possible but while the money men at our cub don't give a shit about United we are their cash cow to keep all of their other failed businesses afloat, they can't have us go down, so they'll get a new manager and throw around silly money in January to salvage things.

Inter Yer Nan

Serious question for the research team, how many times in this shocking sequence of results have we been seriously showed our backsides, as in 3-0, 4-0 dickings, haven't most been by a single goal?
Yes, but even a lot of these 1-0 or 2-0 games, we haven't really been in most of them. We have a strong defense but we can't really do much going forward so teams are playing us smart and not going all out to beat us. It's not needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.