Could we get relegated? | United officially now safe from relegation for 2019/20 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red00012

The problem been we’ve played none of the top 6 so far away.
We won’t get relegated but a lot of tough games ahead.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
The problem been we’ve played none of the top 6 so far away.
We won’t get relegated but a lot of tough games ahead.
We are perfectly set up for those kind of games though. We are a good counter attack team with scary pace up top. Tailor made for top 6 encounters. Probably why Ole's record is so good.

It's the games against the bottom 12 or so that we just can't deal with. We don't have enough players who can thread a ball through sadly. Definitely what we need in January. Can't rely on just Pogba as this season and previous ones has proven.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
With it now being improbable that we’ll be relegated, it’s a personal victory for Ole. Not one to shout about but he’s not THAT bad. Everything pointed to him being THAT bad.

In fact, he’s now back to being slightly better than Moyes. Well done, Ole! :)

KekiZeki

Yes we could if we keep changing managers!

Then again, no.

Then again, you never know.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Were actually still closer to relegation than we are to 4th. Mad.

VJ1762

Welp, through 15 weeks, we're sitting 6th. Arsenal and Sheffield United both lost today.
Can't even imagine how SAF is feeling right now. The man left us at the top. His empire has crumbled.

MrVolley

We are perfectly set up for those kind of games though. We are a good counter attack team with scary pace up top. Tailor made for top 6 encounters. Probably why Ole's record is so good.

It's the games against the bottom 12 or so that we just can't deal with. We don't have enough players who can thread a ball through sadly. Definitely what we need in January. Can't rely on just Pogba as this season and previous ones has proven.
I agree with this. We're set up for a 5th - 6th place finish. The big question is about next season. Do we let Ole spend? Or do we get in somebody else who we can back with funds.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
I'd bite your hand off for four right now, but with all the pressure on City can see us fluking a win there.
If we play like we did vs Spurs, no reason why it be a fluke especially with City being defensively vulnerable and also having Aguero out. Can see our counter game doing real damage esp if Martial returns

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
If we play like we did vs Spurs, no reason why it be a fluke especially with City being defensively vulnerable and also having Aguero out. Can see our counter game doing real damage esp if Martial returns
City playing crap are still far superior to Tottenham, and i'd prefer Greenwood over Martial after his very mature performance against Tottenham.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Spurs had 0 control on the game, their midfield was nonexistent, which won't be the case with City.

We can get result, we have real threat on the break. I just don't believe our defense will be good enough to hold their attack.

SteveW

Jesus, are people still talking about this?

When did the cafe become this stupid?

SteveW

250 to 1. Anyone who genuinely thinks we could can make a lot of money. Post slip otherwise it's all talk. Easy way to settle these stupid debates
Best post in the thread.

Did anyone actually bet on it or was it all just another excuse to talk shit?

Crashoutcassius

What people don't grasp... We are 7 points and 12 places ahead of everton in the rz... Yes Everton could close a 7 or gap and finish ahead of us... but the question is will all 12 of those teams close their respective gaps on us over 23 games left

SteveW

What people don't grasp... We are 7 points and 12 places ahead of everton in the rz... Yes Everton could close a 7 or gap and finish ahead of us... but the question is will all 12 of those teams close their respective gaps on us over 23 games left
It's just sensationalist nonsense. Typical of 2019 cafe. This place has gone to the dogs

Fox_Chrys

Supports
LCFC
Nothing is impossible, but I think its very unlikely.

Given you beat us, Chelsea, Spurs, and the only team to make Liverpool drop points, your team clearly is capable, but just is not doing it against weaker teams.

You will probably finish 5-10th.

Gasolin

Nothing is impossible, but I think its very unlikely.

Given you beat us, Chelsea, Spurs, and the only team to make Liverpool drop points, your team clearly is capable, but just is not doing it against weaker teams.

You will probably finish 5-10th.
No way, the team is just learning but we are turning it up.

PaulRich

What a difference a week makes. 7 days ago I think relegation was a relevant subject given the points tally and the absolute shit fests turned in against Sheffield United and Villa (being two of more than a few). However, we've just put in two massively dominant displays against Elite opposition and we look as though we have far more cohesion and guile. Today the talk of relegation does seem a little silly. Hopefully this week is our kick start.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Yeah this thread was a bit silly. That said, some are going OTT wrt this result.
It makes a change for this to be overtly positive as opposed to unbearably negative.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Yeah this thread was a bit silly. That said, some are going OTT wrt this result.
It was and it wasn’t.

We had been on a shocking and shapeless run since PSG, not just the start of this season. We seem to have turned a corner of some kind thankfully but if that run had continued until now and we still looked as toothless then it would still be a valid thought.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
9 points above the relegation zone. 23 games left. We're not out of it yet.

just kidding we are staying up baby

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
At the time I got it, we weren't scoring more than 1 a game, we weren't keeping clean sheets (still aren't) and wasn't winning home or away. That International break did us wonders though especially with Rashford scoring for England because he's turned in talismanic performances for us since then and essentially inspired those around him

Our form since the Liverpool game is what we were told to expect at the start of the season, some great performances and results mixed with the odd howler. The form before the Liverpool game though is something none of us signed up for and it was very worrying

ReddBalls

Our form since the Liverpool game is what we were told to expect at the start of the season, some great performances and results mixed with the odd howler. The form before the Liverpool game though is something none of us signed up for and it was very worrying
I have seen quotes from Ole saying that United's pre-season would last until the first international break, but I am unfortunately unable to retrieve them. He has also stated that preseason is for fitness work. That would imply hard fitness work up until the international break while playing games, and it would go far in explaining the bad results early in the season and the upturn in results starting with the Liverpool-game.

Off course I might be imagining it all.

lysglimt

Scout
9 points above the relegation zone. 23 games left. We're not out of it yet.

just kidding we are staying up baby
We have Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea, Liverpool and Leicester away - that should give us the 15 Points we need to stay clear of relegation

SteveW

If you posted in this thread at any point believing this was an actual concern, sort your life out.
So many posters around long enough to know better writing so much crap. It's been an embarrassing few months for the cafe. So much stupidity.

Status
Not open for further replies.