Could we get relegated? | United officially now safe from relegation for 2019/20 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Castia

Man United are not getting relegated ffs :lol:

Will finish in the top 8.
Can barely get a shot at goal nevermind beat a team. We aren’t finishing 8th, no chance. This isn’t just an overreaction it’s been going on since last March over 20 odd games ago.

Scriblerus

Yes, we could be. the odds are still against it, but a team that never looks like it will score from open play is in jeopardy. I was there is the 70s when we went down, and we were 'too good' then, as well (though then the bigger problem, I'd say, was a defence that lost its composure too easily).

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Nothing further really needs saying. We know we are nowhere near the top two but feck me we aren't a bottom 3 side.

He's clearly not up to this job. The second results turned on him he's looked lost. Makes you wonder whether he just came in and gave everyone a bit of a temporary lift and a hug and that's it. As soon as the tide turned against Wolves last season he's looked clueless how to change it around.

Ole needs to go but it's just as important Woodward goes too. And the fecking parasites need to sell us or we could go the way of Leeds.

milambardo

Unless we figure out a way to break teams down then we are in Big Trouble. We need Pogba back to his best and not dawdling on the ball.

MsNuno

Supports
Wolves
You’re not going to get relegated, but you need to replace ole quickly, your players should be performing much better.
You’ll finish top half without a doubt.

Okey

Easy to laugh off the idea of relegation, but that's our current form (thankfully someone provided a table from late last season). Our results have been suffering even before the injuries. If Ole doesn't turn this around, and quickly, who knows? I saw a better Leeds and West Ham team go down.

AlwaysRed66

Yes, it is possible we can be relegated. Very likely with this manager in charge. The only positive is this is probably the only way the Glazers might sell up, as the value would plummet. The downside is the Championship is one of the worst leagues to get out off, being full of many former big clubs. Also our wage bill is the fourth biggest in the world. Let that sink in. Full of players we wouldn't be able to get rid of easily, & also the sort who wouldn't be up to a promotion fight in the Championship or any fight.

Castia

Harry Maguire has touched the ball in the Newcastle box four times - that's more than any other Man Utd player.

Yup.

AFC NimbleThumb

Easy to laugh off the idea of relegation, but that's our current form (thankfully someone provided a table from late last season). Our results have been suffering even before the injuries. If Ole doesn't turn this around, and quickly, who knows? I saw a better Leeds and West Ham team go down.
Those teams would wipe the floor with ours in a relegation 6 pointer.

Great post, we’re all laughing now but I’m sure their fans were at this point in the season.

I don’t ‘think’ it’ll happen but if we don’t make a large number of adjustments in the Winter window & at coaching level things won’t suddenly change.

gfactor86

I lumped on a bit at 500/1 last week. Legitimately think it could happen. At least the cash will ease the pain and allow me to book a holiday to get away from my mates for the summer...

Enigma_87

You know who
Ole is on form to match the 86/87 season when we found ourselves in relegation zone and had 4 points from 8 games.

Considering we have Norwich, Bournemouth away and Liverpool home and our current form, not being able to beat those 3 and losing to Pool will mean that we will be in similar situation to that season.

The only worst start we had bar this one and 86/87 was the year before we got relegated.

Progress.

Sir Scott McToMinay

Imagine getting fecking relegated in the same season the Scousers finally win the damn league after 30 years...
Their fans would be experiencing euphoric overdose on unimaginable levels.

I don’t believe in Karma, but talk about Karmic debt for the Fergie years.
The kids would be absolutely shitting themselves.

SungSam7

Put it this way, we carried the form we had from one end of the season basically into the new start of a season bar the Chelsea game. Christ we lost to a relegated Cardiff..... Just because we are Man United, doesn't mean we can't go down on name alone. Look at Monaco all those years ago, they were in a champions league final and were relegated the season or two after. BVB also had a close scare with relegation after winning back to back titles and a champions league final.
In a league where we saw Leicester go against all odds to do win the league after a lucky escape the season before, we could easily see a footballing giant go down.

wolvored

1967 Champions. 1968 European Cup winners. Big Manager leaves. Relegation 7 years after winning the league. Not impossible to concieve

Camilo

To be honest, it'd be fecking hilarious watching us play in the Championship. Would serve us right after years of claiming we're different to every other club... Turns out shite management of shite players equals shite football. Who'd have thought.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan

I hope we are all savvy and realistic enough to know that these sorts of trends take a long time to develop, and also to reverse.

And we don’t have the quality or experience of Chelsea squad when they experienced similar a few years back.

So how serious a problem do we really have in the short term? What does Xg etc say?

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
11 goals in the last 17 games? And 4 of those came in one game. That is awful and the worst in the league by a distance

Edit: 16 goals in the last 17 games. Whatever it is it's rubbish anyway

Last edited:

Bulldog United

250 to 1. Anyone who genuinely thinks we could can make a lot of money. Post slip otherwise it's all talk. Easy way to settle these stupid debates
That's one way to look at it.

Another way, would you feel comfortable laying £1,000 against it and risk losing £250,000 on current form? :D I think there are many safer ways to earn a grand.

cfkane

To those who are wishing for relegation if t rids us of the Glazers, a cautionary tale. I work for a company that had fantastic owners, they sold to a bigger company, the bigger company stripped us of some profits for a number of years, then sold us to others who invested nothing for 5 years, then sold us to even worse owners who have us so in trouble financially we are close to closing. The point is, don't just want the glazers gone, if they sell up, we better hope that it is to competent people. Believe it or not, new owners could be even worse.

Caesar2290

To those who are wishing for relegation if t rids us of the Glazers, a cautionary tale. I work for a company that had fantastic owners, they sold to a bigger company, the bigger company stripped us of some profits for a number of years, then sold us to others who invested nothing for 5 years, then sold us to even worse owners who have us so in trouble financially we are close to closing. The point is, don't just want the glazers gone, if they sell up, we better hope that it is to competent people. Believe it or not, new owners could be even worse.
Agreed. People forgot how the Venky’s single handedly relegated Blackburn who at the time was a strong PL team and our boogie man.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Imagine getting fecking relegated in the same season the Scousers finally win the damn league after 30 years...
Their fans would be experiencing euphoric overdose on unimaginable levels.

I don’t believe in Karma, but talk about Karmic debt for the Fergie years.
The kids would be absolutely shitting themselves.
I dont think the kids care

Oh... wait... your kids.... damn... that's ptsd material there

NK86

If we do get relegated with this management, coaching staff and set of players, I don't see us getting back straight up. Woodward would be torn a new one in the investors' meeting and only then perhaps pertinent questions will be raised.

Bulldog United

Is it me, or you're reading it backwards?

Shouldn't it means that you win 250.000 for 1000 bet?
In betting there is the backer and the layer of the odds. If you backed £1000 at 250/1, yes you stand to win £250,000. If you use a betting exchange like Betfair, you can lay against it (acting effectively as the bookmaker) and you'll risk losing that £250,000 to win the £1000 that some think has no chance.

The person who I originally replied to said the 250/1 shot had no chance. So my comment was, would he really risk losing 250 times his stake to bet against us getting relegated at this stage of the season?

Of course, the true price is not 250/1. It's around 50/1 now after the Newcastle result. So he would *only* have to risk losing £50,000 to secure his £1,000 payout now. :D

Do I think we are going down? No. But there's no chance in hell I'd risk 50 times my stake to bet against it at the moment.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
In betting there is the backer and the layer of the odds. If you backed £1000 at 250/1, yes you stand to win £250,000. If you use a betting exchange like Betfair, you can lay against it (acting effectively as the bookmaker) and you'll risk losing that £250,000 to win the £1000 that some think has no chance.

The person who I originally replied to said the 250/1 shot had no chance. So my comment was, would he really risk losing 250 times his stake to bet against us getting relegated at this stage of the season?

Of course, the true price is not 250/1. It's around 50/1 now after the Newcastle result. So he would *only* have to risk losing £50,000 to secure his £1,000 payout now. :D

Do I think we are going down? No. But there's no chance in hell I'd risk 50 times my stake to bet against it at the moment.
Ah, thanks for the explanation.

My bad.

But for what it's worth a 250/1 isn't worth a complicated double bet, just put a tenner and forget about it.

PaulRich

I called it before Newcastle that if we lost at St. James we were in deep shit. I think we'll pick enough points up off the other mid/low table teams to stay out of a relegation scrap in the end but all of the top boys will absolutely steamroller us this season. We're going to take a few hidings.

Sterling Archer

I hope we are all savvy and realistic enough to know that these sorts of trends take a long time to develop, and also to reverse.

And we don’t have the quality or experience of Chelsea squad when they experienced similar a few years back.

So how serious a problem do we really have in the short term? What does Xg etc say?
:lol: God I hate that nonsense

Tony247

Board needs to act before 'Could' becomes 'If', and 'If' becomes 'When'

Status
Not open for further replies.