Could we get relegated? | United officially now safe from relegation for 2019/20 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

hollywoodpass

Easily. We are the worst team in the league. Ole must be sacked immediately. Worse Utd Manager ever.

GazTheLegend

The real question is, when we get relegated are we good enough to come straight back up? Answer to that one is probably scarier than the original. :nervous:
Championship is a scarily hard league. Look at Stoke and Leeds etc.

Dan_F

Both Liverpool and Chelsea had times near the relegation zone in the first half of a season. When did Hodgson and Mourinho get sacked out of interest?

0le

Yes we could. It is a serious possibility right now. Do people really think Pogba and Martial will make a major difference - they have also been part of the terrible performances since PSG.

Red_scot1981

It breaks me to say it but we have a chance of getting in a relegation dogfight. If you think otherwise you’re delusional. This team are in serious trouble. Rashford looks lost and incapable of actually playing football and he was demanding 200k + a week. Lingard is a championship player, mata is looking old and so so slow. Fred is dreadful pogba when playing looks frustrated because he is playing with such bad players. Nobody seems to have a clue how to play.

Castia

Yep

We’re just the Manchester United name, the team and performances on the field are relegation fodder. Put that 11 in a Norwich shirt today you wouldn’t look twice.

This isn’t just a bad start to the season it’s been going since March. Confidence is a big thing especially for younger players, we’ll get smashed by Liverpool next game and could finish the day in the drop zone, this lot won’t recover, they don’t have the mental capacity.

Superunknown

Take away the Manchester United name for a second.
Look at this set of players, the way that we are playing and the results that we have been getting.

It would be foolish to just write off relegation because "we're too good for that". There isn't one magical player that we're waiting for to come back and rescue us. We're not waiting for a Cristiano Ronaldo or Aguero to come back into our squad and score goals for us. The two crucial players that we were without today were Martial and Pogba (and I guess AWB at right back). Would they have changed much and would we have got a better result today? Arguable.

Even if we ignore the relegation argument, we are a below average footballing side who do not score enough goals or carry enough of a goal threat. Other teams will now have more of a go at us because we look weak and they will not be that afraid at getting hit going the other way. There are not as many teams out there at the moment in this league who have played worse football than we have. We are now on their level.

The first thing that we need is a plan, because I'm not sure if we have one.

renatosanches85

Unlikely to happen, but if results go against us in the next round of fixtures we could be in the bottom 3 with a quarter of the season gone. There is a very real possibility we will finish bottom half, looking at the character of those players today you wouldn’t bet against them getting sucked into a relegation fight.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
After this week, you have to say yes. A long term injury to Pogba and we're there.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Championship is a scarily hard league. Look at Stoke and Leeds etc.
I genuinely don't think these players would have the heart to fight their way out of the Championship. And that's a ridiculous thing to say about a United side.

Mr angry

Supports
Bury
It's not beyond the bounds of possibility. I remember thinking they couldn't go down in 73/4. They are only 2 points outside the bottom three and the next game is Liverpool. They couldn't even beat Rochdale FFS.

ExecutionerWasp001

I don't think it's hysterical to say we are in danger of relegation. We are 2 pts of the relegation zone 8 games in. We are depleted through injuries but even with these players back how many of this squad would you back to stand up & be counted if we end up in a dogfight.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Of course we could with Solskjaer in charge.

He couldn't stabilise a bike.

It's horrifying how clueless he is.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
If we're in the bottom half of the table by the new year we'll sack Ole, bring in one of the rotating mercenary managers, stabilise ourselves, give him a full season, sack him when it inevitably turns to shit and start the process all over again.
Did anyone really think anything other than this would happen?

It’s inevitable.

Edit: And I can genuinely see us coming close to relegation.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Yes.

I laughed off the idea after West Ham but we really could. It's an outside chance and I'm not saying it will happen, but if we keep Ole all season the chance is there. Before there was no chance.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
The key question is: which emergency striker can we get in January. I think that will be the make or break for us.

diarm

Just checked a few of the bookmakers there and Leicester are longer odds to be relegated than Manchester United.

Acole9

Outstanding
The key question is: which emergency striker can we get in January. I think that will be the make or break for us.
We could sign pretty much anyone and they would be more likely to score than Rashford.

RedDevilRoshi

Yes.

I laughed off the idea after West Ham but we really could. It's an outside chance and I'm not saying it will happen, but if we keep Ole all season the chance is there. Before there was no chance.
This.

It’s a possibility the way things are going. You cannot write it off.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Bring zlatan and Rooney back.

Itll be slow up to but at least they'll put in an effort and will still score more than rashford, martial, lingard.

Castia

How could anybody write it off? Absolutely nothing to suggest it’s not possible.

It seems crazy but so did Leicester winning the league and Leeds getting relegated.

maximus419

I'd actually urge anyone with a spare £50 to lump on Utd to get relegated. Lets be honest, Ole and Phelan have both only experienced disastrous reigns as managers at Hull and Cardiff respectively. What have either proved to suggest they can turn this around exactly?

Carrick is a rookie with no coaching or managerial experience, been part of the last 2 seasons which have been the worst in Prem league history. As for McKenna he just sits there expressionless and I don't know what he actually brings to the table.
This coaching setup is prehistoric in modern day footballing terms, if you are wondering why the players are clueless you only have to look at the vacant look on the coaching staff faces to realise they haven't got a clue what they are doing.

Nori-

This whole idea is completely ridiculous but just the fact it's discussed shows how bad we have become. Depressing times

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
The team from today would get relegated most seasons. We desperately need injuries to clear up.

Status
Not open for further replies.