Could we get relegated? | United officially now safe from relegation for 2019/20 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

PyroMan

There are way worse teams in the league than us who are likelier to go down. The likes of Everton, Norwich, Southampton, Newcastle, Watford, Villa, Brighton are way worse than us. Yes, our form is bad right now but there's no way a team of our quality should get relegated.

Worst scenario, if we are close to the relegation spots in December, will be to sack the current manager. The new manager should easily, easily get us the required points to steer clear of relegation.

Very upsetting that some are actually worried about relegation. Shows how far we've fallen.

Roboc7

If Ole stays as manager and we keep getting injuries then we could definitely get drawn into the relegation battle at least for a while.

We’ve been playing like a team that would get relegated for nearly half a season now with no sign of improvement.

PhoenixBird

If we improve the attack with some decent loan signings in January we may avoid it depends whos in charge though

CallyRed

Big Sam was on talksport saying we could get relegated. Though he probably just waiting for the inevitable call from Woody

matt10000

If we do get relegated then we will be favourites to be league champions next season and probably win it! Who says this squad isn't good enough to be challenging for the league?

AlwaysRed66

There are way worse teams in the league than us who are likelier to go down. The likes of Everton, Norwich, Southampton, Newcastle, Watford, Villa, Brighton are way worse than us. Yes, our form is bad right now but there's no way a team of our quality should get relegated.

Worst scenario, if we are close to the relegation spots in December, will be to sack the current manager. The new manager should easily, easily get us the required points to steer clear of relegation.

Very upsetting that some are actually worried about relegation. Shows how far we've fallen.
With the exception of Everton & possibly Watford, who think they are above this sort of thing like us, the rest will be up for fighting a relegation dogfight as they would have been expecting this from the seasons start. Can you imagine our prima donnas fighting for survival if we fell in the relegation zone. No, neither can I.

Marcus

If we do get relegated then we will be favourites to be league champions next season and probably win it! Who says this squad isn't good enough to be challenging for the league?
We can be the new Middlesbrough.

JG3001

I think the sentiment here is that if we are there or there abouts with 25 games of the season gone, are these players really going to dig in to avoid it? Or will the majority have one eye on other clubs, ready to jump the sinking ship.

I’d bet on the latter personally.

matt10000

It was only recently they said that if you finish above UTD then you are Premier League Champions whereas now you could finish above UTD and get relegated!

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
More likely to get relegated than win the league, obviously
Imagine reading this a couple of years ago haha

We gotta keep Oleh though, because e' knows the club and the istoreh. Blood and thunder, passion and all that. Local lads, academy, we're not a sacking club. Trust the process... Let's chase our best player out because he doesn't run around with pashun like McTomineh.

AlwaysRed66

Weird as it seems, we could be relegated & win the Europa league in the same season, therefore playing in the group stages of Champions League in the Championship. The players would certainly be complaining of too many games then.

Broad Street Bullies

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I don't know if it'll go that bad, but I'd entertain the idea that if we were to find ourselves in the relegation zone by December, I wouldn't trust this team to bail us out.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Weird as it seems, we could be relegated & win the Europa league in the same season, therefore playing in the group stages of Champions League in the Championship. The players would certainly be complaining of too many games then.
We won't get relegated. We'll flirt with it til December, then the Norwegian fraud will be sacked and someone experienced will come in til the end of the season and guide us to about 10th.

I reckon we'll be about 16th by the time the fraud is sacked.

#WengerIn

romufc

I think if we played like a relegation candidate rather than Ole's way we would get more points.

11 men behind the ball and score on the counter. Only we we look like scoring.

One other BIG concern is that most teams fighting it out in the relegation zone are good at set pieces, we aren't good at anything but making excuses.

Josh 76

Just looking at some of our results .
It's defo relegation form. Beating Chelsea at home was probably the equivalent of Norwich beating City and Norwich are defo going down.

Sir Scott McToMinay

Just looking at some of our results .
It's defo relegation form. Beating Chelsea at home was probably the equivalent of Norwich beating City and Norwich are defo going down.
Norwich played really well against City, we could’ve easily been 0-3 down at half time against Chelsea, it was a complete freak result.

United Hobbit

Do you know something, I think the fans have just had enough now havent they. Me included. Followed the team 40+years used to be a season ticket holder when I lived in the UK, have seen good times and bad times. I have just had enough. The players are overpaid and crap. I have zero affinity with any of them except a few. Even started skipping some games on TV.
I would echo these sentiments.
I don't get the opportunity to go to OT as often as I used to and to be honest I struggle to get motivated to.
But even when United games are live on tv I am getting to the stage that I watch it more out of duty then enjoyment.
Don't get me wrong. I still love Manchester United. But I hate the way the current people are ripping the heart out of the club by their lack of passion and desire.
I'm due to go to Liverpool vs United and am not looking forward to it- 6 months ago I'd have laughed if youd said to me I'd be saying that. The supporters club are struggling to sell tickets for such a premium fixture says something- who wants to see us grind out a 0-0 or get annihilated while Liverpool extend their winning run? Yes I know its about supporting the team etc

I would like to think we will sack Ole before relegation becomes a serious possibility however he's done enough to warrant the sack lately but remains

I dread to think of this current lot in a relegation battle they didn't even have the heart to fight for top 4 which would have prevented a rumoured wage cut... doubt they have anything in their contracts about a championship wage cut...

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
I'm due to go to Liverpool vs United and am not looking forward to it- 6 months ago I'd have laughed if youd said to me I'd be saying that. The supporters club are struggling to sell tickets for such a premium fixture says something- who wants to see us grind out a 0-0 or get annihilated while Liverpool extend their winning run? Yes I know its about supporting the team etc

I would like to think we will sack Ole before relegation becomes a serious possibility however he's done enough to warrant the sack lately but remains

I dread to think of this current lot in a relegation battle they didn't even have the heart to fight for top 4 which would have prevented a rumoured wage cut... doubt they have anything in their contracts about a championship wage cut...
My very best wishes for the Liverpool game. If they cannot turn up and perform for that game then when will they.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
We will finish 8th at best.
Even Ole can get us firing if we have our starters fit, eventually they will be. James, Martial, Rashford in attack; Pogba, McT, Pereira in midfield and a defense of Shaw, Maguire, Tuanzebe, AWB with DDG behind them is a very good starting XI.

Mark Pawelek

Under the right circumstances.
  • If key players remain injured and/or become injured
  • We continue with the current playing impasse (tumescent football designed to get 0-0 draws)
  • We sign no one in January.

The Irish Connection

I’m going as well dude. Feck it, I’m expecting a loss just hope we don’t get battered.
Maybe with martial back we might have a bit more threat up front.

United Hobbit

My very best wishes for the Liverpool game. If they cannot turn up and perform for that game then when will they.
I’m going as well dude. Feck it, I’m expecting a loss just hope we don’t get battered.
Maybe with martial back we might have a bit more threat up front.
Thanks! It feels completely wrong to be saying I dont feel like going, I will go obviously as I've paid a deposit through the supporters club, however to go all that way and watch us get battered as Liverpool equal the record of 18 straight wins... :nervous:

I think the atmosphere is going to be seriously toxic between the fans, I like the rivalry and banter however draw the line at the chants about Hillsborough or Munich however the Liverpool fans are going to take any opportunity to taunt us and our fans wont want to direct their exasperation at the team and Ole so will direct it at them I think it will be a pretty nasty atmosphere, obviously if we can somehow win it wont be.

I'd like to think Ole has put the world's biggest rocket up the players, certain ones in particular and they will pull something out. If we can score at least a goal that would be lovely as well. A nice flukey one would be funny like what they often score. Dont forget the international break finally gives Ole a chance to sit down and fully dissect the performances or whatever it was he said following Sunday's embarrassment!

joleb

Imagine getting relegated, sacking Ole and then re-hiring Mourinho to save our arses.

Fitchett

Of course we can get relegated, if this spineless bunch of cowards don't buck up their ideas and attitude.

We never thought that we'd get relegated during the first half of the 1973/4 season. It was only after Christmas that it dawned on most people that it was a realistic possibility, which eventually came to fruition. Just six years after winning the European Cup and five years after Sir Matt Busby retired.

I was more depressed than ever on Sunday evening. My only hope is that Sunday was a watershed moment and that the Board, staff and players have finally woken up to how bad the situation is and they pull their fingers out from now on.

Sterling Archer

Cheer up. It'll be the best football on display at Old Trafford this season. Like the good old days of putting a bottom club to the sword. Just roles reversed.

Handsome Devil

Of course we can get relegated, if this spineless bunch of cowards don't buck up their ideas and attitude.

We never thought that we'd get relegated during the first half of the 1973/4 season. It was only after Christmas that it dawned on most people that it was a realistic possibility, which eventually came to fruition. Just six years after winning the European Cup and five years after Sir Matt Busby retired.

I was more depressed than ever on Sunday evening. My only hope is that Sunday was a watershed moment and that the Board, staff and players have finally woken up to how bad the situation is and they pull their fingers out from now on.
And back then, we weren't one of the richest clubs in the world! This situation is just mindboggling.

The United Irishman

"Martial is championship material at best"
I don't think we will get relegated. I do believe if we are hammered by Liverpool Ole will be sacked, well I wouldn't be surprised anyway. Woodward will then be convinced we are on free fall and panic (The pug faced little twat).

Treble

Because despite looking, walking and talking like an idiot, i'm not actually an idiot. Ole will get us in the top two next season though.
Top 2? In the championship.

He won't be here in 2 months, let alone in 12. The board will panic and fire him if we are still bottom half in November and flirt with relegation. Our fixtures are not easy, so his days might be numbered.

BrokeDR

Our biggest problem in the next 6-8 weeks is fixture congestion. We do not do well after Europa League, League Cup midweek fixtures. Squad rotation is needed but we are very prone to injuries even so.

We are absolutely up a creek without a paddle.

Liverpool Home Sun Oct 20 (I suspect we will be rested and some of the regulars will be back; but chasing after them/defending for 90 minutes is going to kill our legs; at best, we can hope for a draw)
Partizan Away Thu Oct 24 (Long trip to Belgrade; one of the most hostile crowds in Europe; all three results possible)
Norwich Away Sun Oct 27 (Sunday afternoon kickoff against a desperate bunch; this is a must win for us; will be hard to bounce back after a long trip to Belgrade; early 6 pointer)
Chelsea Away Wed Oct 30 (Lampard will look to prove something after the August league result; we need to lose this one as we cannot afford a midweek fixture in mid December)
Bournemouth Away Sat Nov 2 (Very quick turnaround; lunchtime kickoff after a tough midweek battle at Stamford Bridge; Howe's teams are notorious for yards covered in a match)
Partizan H Thu Nov 7 (This should be win)
Brighton H Sun Nov 10 (Again, a 2 day turnaround; Brighton will park the bus; Potter is an astute manager; though at home, this will be very tough for us)

International Break

Sheffield Away Sun Nov 24 (Tough away Sunday afternoon; Bramall Lane will be up for this; we have to win considering its after an international break)
Astana Away Thu Nov 28 (In Kazakhstan, in late November; this is killer)
Aston Villa Home Sun Dec 1 (Will be tough if only so soon after a long flight back from Kazakhstan; Villa are tidy in midfield and upfront)
Tottenham Home Wed Dec 4 KO TBA (Could go either ways)
City Away TBA Dec 7/8 (Likely loss anyway you look at it)

The next 8 weeks will be really tough. The must wins are Norwich Away and Brighton Home. If we don't win those, we are knee deep in a relegation battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.