Could we get relegated? | United officially now safe from relegation for 2019/20 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomaldinho1

Just looking at some of our results .
It's defo relegation form. Beating Chelsea at home was probably the equivalent of Norwich beating City and Norwich are defo going down.
I'd agree here, I went to watch them at Palace a few weeks back and have no idea how they beat City. Could tell they are destined for that sweet relegation scrap

RG 11

We aren’t getting relegated. Ole will get sacked by December if he can’t secure some wins. We’ll panic buy some players in January who are bound to improve us (can’t get worse than this) under a caretaker manager who’s hopefully not an ex united player.

Name Changed

weso26
we've just been thoroughly outplayed and outgunned by probably one the worst teams in the league. If we don’t let Ole go then I could see us getting relegated as I just don’t see him turning this around at all. In fact, it’s yet to fully unravel I feel.
Ok fair enough. I don't agree but fair enough.

Name Changed

weso26
We aren’t getting relegated. Ole will get sacked by December if he can’t secure some wins. We’ll panic buy some players in January who are bound to improve us (can’t get worse than this) under a caretaker manager who’s hopefully not an ex united player.
It's notoriously very hard to get players in January. If the board wouldn't cough up too much in the summer then I can't imagine fortunes been thrown on overpriced players in January. One maybe. Unless we were actually really close to the bottom three which would be very surprising.

Dve

Yup. A quick fix.

Popcorn

More likely we will lose Pogba and Martial in Jan than get in a new raft of world class players.

RG 11

It's notoriously very hard to get players in January. If the board wouldn't cough up too much in the summer then I can't imagine fortunes been thrown on overpriced players in January. One maybe. Unless we were actually really close to the bottom three which would be very surprising.
Yeah, that'll only happen if we are relegation scrap by then. Otherwise the board is shameless enough to give feck all and tell the manager to focus on Europa League

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Because despite looking, walking and talking like an idiot, i'm not actually an idiot. Ole will get us in the top two next season though.
Not only we could easily finish top 1 or 2, we could have easily won the treble too. All we need is some luck to manage to win all of the remaining of games. We have world class movement Lingard and the most talented no.9 Rashford leading the attack, we can still do it.

Bondi77

I would say the possibility is high given that Newcastle will be and they played much better football than us on the weekend.
Ole is putting his faith into this group of players and when he says that Rojo is atop player and Fred will come good he is obviously trying to instill confidence in these players because I have seen nothing to warrant such an opinion.

starman

I know football fans generally have short memories, but after 10 games in LVG first season we were only on 13 points and ended the season 4th. During that period there were also a number of injuries.

Wait for Martial to come back before people start panicking. The games where the attack looked potent were the ones he played in, and the ones he missed its looked toothless, so it doesn't take a genius to workout how important he is. And not just as a individual, but for Rashford as well, as he creates space for him where his headless chicken runs are actually effective..

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Not only we could easily finish top 1 or 2, we could have easily won the treble too. All we need is some luck to manage to win all of the remaining of games. We have world class movement Lingard and the most talented no.9 Rashford leading the attack, we can still do it.
Not sure how to reply to that, it's a toss up between That's the spirit! and I think you should put that spirit down ;)

Sir Scott McToMinay

I know football fans generally have short memories, but after 10 games in LVG first season we were only on 13 points and ended the season 4th. During that period there were also a number of injuries.

Wait for Martial to come back before people start panicking. The games where the attack looked potent were the ones he played in, and the ones he missed its looked toothless, so it doesn't take a genius to workout how important he is. And not just as a individual, but for Rashford as well, as he creates space for him where his headless chicken runs are actually effective..
I don’t think we can compare the situation to Van Gaal’s first season.
We were never going to get relegated with attackers like Rooney, Van Persie, Di Maria and a Mata who could actually move at a semi-competent level.
Not to mention an experienced coach like LvG in the dugout, relegation was never a remote possibility back then.

We’re probably not going to get relegated but when you’re telling me that our entire attack is dependent on Martial’s ability to stay fit and not depressed I’m seriously starting to get worried.

Foxbatt

There is an enormous difference between LVG and Ole. One was a proven manager who has won the La Liga and the Bundesliga and the CL.
The other got Cardiff relegated. LVG got us into 5th place and won the FA Cup in his second season. He got us into CL in his first season.
Does anyone think Ole can get us into CL this year?

Noc-Z

ffs
More likely we will lose Pogba and Martial in Jan than get in a new raft of world class players.
I can't see Martial going anywhere soon. Pogba, yes. I thought next summer, but the way this season is going, if someone offered the right money in Jan, then maybe. Can't see that happening though. Maybe if Madrid need a boost they will, but I doubt it in January.

We surely won't get relegated but bottom half wouldn't surprise me. Current form has us heading for roughly 4/5th bottom!

Last edited:

Judas

Open to offers

The usual part of a season where an injured Martial is talked about like the saviour :lol: you'd think he was one of the most consistent players on the planet the way he's spoken about on here.

GoldanoGraham

There is no way we are getting in a relegation fight......

It’s mass hysteria on this forum....

it’s not been great so far this season but once we get back the opening game (Chelsea) lineup then we will start picking up some points - January transfer market will be key to us seeing out the season on an upward trend....

Wouldn’t be surprised if we somehow fluke a result against the scousers - maybe Rashy to do a Mane dive in the box and somehow scrape a win with a penalty or Maguire scores from a corner - DDG has a blinder and all the scousers start bleating how hard done by they are......

starman

The usual part of a season where an injured Martial is talked about like the saviour :lol: you'd think he was one of the most consistent players on the planet the way he's spoken about on here.
So let's just go with your way of thinking that the main striker going into the season will not be missed at all :rolleyes:

Judas

Open to offers
So let's just go with your way of thinking that the main striker going into the season will not be missed at all :rolleyes:
Eh? Is that my line of thinking? We miss him, but even when he’s fit he can hardly be relied upon and his form is so up and down, but that always gets forgotten about when he’s injured.

starman

There is an enormous difference between LVG and Ole. One was a proven manager who has won the La Liga and the Bundesliga and the CL.
The other got Cardiff relegated. LVG got us into 5th place and won the FA Cup in his second season. He got us into CL in his first season.
Does anyone think Ole can get us into CL this year?
Massive difference in that he managed to start the season of 13 from 10 games. I am not saying we will end the season in the CL but people on here frame their arguments to how they would like it be perceived at tend to avoid things if it doesn't fit their narrative

Judas

Open to offers
Massive difference in that he managed to start the season of 13 from 10 games. I am not saying we will end the season in the CL but people on here frame their arguments to how they would like it be perceived at tend to avoid things if it doesn't fit their narrative
but LVG had the pedigree and past achievements that he could start like that? Ole doesn’t. LVG was clearly implementing a style of play, Ole doesn’t seem to be doing that. The difference is so obvious.

starman

Eh? Is that my line of thinking? We miss him, but even when he’s fit he can hardly be relied upon and his form is so up and down, but that always gets forgotten about when he’s injured.
Maybe by people with particular agendas. If you look at it objectively the attack looked good when he played and its looked toothless when he hasn't.

Last edited:

Halal Jalal

There is no way we are getting in a relegation fight......

It’s mass hysteria on this forum....

it’s not been great so far this season but once we get back the opening game (Chelsea) lineup then we will start picking up some points - January transfer market will be key to us seeing out the season on an upward trend....

Wouldn’t be surprised if we somehow fluke a result against the scousers - maybe Rashy to do a Mane dive in the box and somehow scrape a win with a penalty or Maguire scores from a corner - DDG has a blinder and all the scousers start bleating how hard done by they are......
Why not? We've been in relegation form ever since Ole became a permanent manager in March. Is there any indication he should turn things around somehow if we tolerate his incompetence any longer?

The opening game lineup lost to Roy Hodgson and his motley crew of misfits and rejects two weeks later. At Old Trafford.

starman

I don’t think we can compare the situation to Van Gaal’s first season.
We were never going to get relegated with attackers like Rooney, Van Persie, Di Maria and a Mata who could actually move at a semi-competent level.
Not to mention an experienced coach like LvG in the dugout, relegation was never a remote possibility back then.

We’re probably not going to get relegated but when you’re telling me that our entire attack is dependent on Martial’s ability to stay fit and not depressed I’m seriously starting to get worried.
I am comparing the start and the amount of injuries which contributed. Everyone can use the hindsight argument as we know what happened, and say well the difference is LVG is this, that and the other... But point is even as good as manager as he was, he still managed to get into that situation of such a poor start

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
What is there to be optimistic about? maybe you can enlighten us?
I'm not calling for optimism just cutting down on the pessimism. We are supporters after all, so we should support the team. Try it, I guarantee you'll enjoy being a fan much more.

starman

Maybe if you’re selective what period you look at yeah.
Isn't that the point of analysing team selections and formulating the best team.
When you are struggling for goals and you lose your best finisher, its going to have its effects.

fergiesarmy1

I'm not calling for optimism just cutting down on the pessimism. We are supporters after all, so we should support the team. Try it, I guarantee you'll enjoy being a fan much more.
This will be a first for a lot of our fans to see us in the bottom half for potentially a few weeks at least.

starman

but LVG had the pedigree and past achievements that he could start like that? Ole doesn’t. LVG was clearly implementing a style of play, Ole doesn’t seem to be doing that. The difference is so obvious.
So we should have just stuck with LVG and never sacked him in the first place, by this virtue.

Last edited:

romufc

I support the team, cheer every goal, disappointed with every dropped point but we have been supporting the team well in the last 6 years without any reward. We know the trend of what poor football leads to.

Fussball13251

Why not? We've been in relegation form ever since Ole became a permanent manager in March. Is there any indication he should turn things around somehow if we tolerate his incompetence any longer?

The opening game lineup lost to Roy Hodgson and his motley crew of misfits and rejects two weeks later. At Old Trafford.
manager would be sacked way before then though.

matt10000

So we should have just stuck with LVG and never sacked him in the first place, by this virtue.
I think we should have stuck with LVG. It was a little boring but he was implementing possession football and we dominated. We were probably a couple of creative players short of having a team with the skills and confidence to take the odd risk and turn this into more goals and a real force.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
You can be a supporter and acknowledge the situation. That said, genuine support (giving something to United, in the form of buying tickets or whatever) from me comes with something in return and the club is offering me naught in recent years.

Status
Not open for further replies.