Could we get relegated? | United officially now safe from relegation for 2019/20 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

fergiesarmy1

Yes I’m sure they know what relegation is. They may be greedy parasites but I’m sure after a decade they know what the professional leagues represent.
One of them did something with his shares only in the last week or so, maybe he’s spooked?

RMD83

One of them did something with his shares only in the last week or so, maybe he’s spooked?
Cashing in. What the glazers are only about and were only ever about. This club to them is a franchise to make money from. Nothing more, nothing less. They aren’t idiots as some believe, they are businessmen, very successful ones at that. Sadly this club is not a business to us, it’s a passion. They will only sell up when there’s a huge profit to be made or they fear it’s gone backwards that much that it’s not worth their investment anymore. And when I say “their” investment it’s our money that we are pumping in that they are leveraging. As for the glazer who is selling his shares I doubt it is because he see’s writing on the wall. It’s a big mega rich family and this one see’s a chance to cash in and make a huge sale on something he doesn’t give a toss about more likely.

fergiesarmy1

Cashing in. What the glazers are only about and were only ever about. This club to them is a franchise to make money from. Nothing more, nothing less. They aren’t idiots as some believe, they are businessmen, very successful ones at that. Sadly this club is not a business to us, it’s a passion. They will only sell up when there’s a huge profit to be made or they fear it’s gone backwards that much that it’s not worth their investment anymore. And when I say “their” investment it’s our money that we are pumping in that they are leveraging. As for the glazer who is selling his shares I doubt it is because he see’s writing on the wall. It’s a big mega rich family and this one see’s a chance to cash in and make a huge sale on something he doesn’t give a toss about more likely.
Very well summarised sadly.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Newcastle, Norwich and Watford all dropped points today. We need to get at least a point against Liverpool to peel away from 18th. Otherwise, I look forward to our next game against Norwich.

Big 6 pointer.

Last edited:

Castia

Newcastle, Norwich and Watford all dropped points today. We need to get at least a point against Liverpool to peel away from 17th. Otherwise, I look forward to our next game against Norwich.

Big 6 pointer.

Madness isn’t it.

Going of Ole’s presser you’d think we’re on the verge of greatness with massive improvements there for all to see....baffled to be honest.

RMD83

Newcastle, Norwich and Watford all dropped points today. We need to get at least a point against Liverpool to peel away from 17th. Otherwise, I look forward to our next game against Norwich.

Big 6 pointer.
That’s the spirit. Although let’s be honest, Norwich are no push over.

WR10

That’s the spirit. Although let’s be honest, Norwich are no push over.
I think we've got a decent chance. They've picked up 1 point from the past 4 games and last got beat at home 1-5 by Aston Villa. Now.. we're no Aston Villa (they're 2 points ahead of us) but I'm sure we can scrape a good 2-1 away win. Some scruffy goals from Marcus and Tony would help.

RMD83

I think we've got a decent chance. They've picked up 1 point from the past 4 games and last got beat at home 1-5 by Aston Villa. Now.. we're no Aston Villa (they're 2 points ahead of us) but I'm sure we can scrape a good 2-1 away win. Some scruffy goals from Marcus and Tony would help.
Absolutely. I hate to break it to you though but we do have villa coming up real soon. I don’t want to put any pressure on the lads but they did win the championship play off’s last season so the Norwich game is a real must win.

Bojan11

We couldn’t even beat Newcastle under Bruce. I have no faith in us winning any away games under our current manager. This current manager who couldn’t even get us to beat Huddersfield who were one of the worst teams in premier league history last season.

RMD83

We couldn’t even beat Newcastle under Bruce. I have no faith in us winning any away games under our current manager. This current manager who couldn’t even get us to beat Huddersfield who were one of the worst teams in premier league history last season.
I think sarcasm is lost on you.

Bulldog United

The Norwich game will be very interesting because defensively they leave themselves wide open. If we can't create chances and score goals against them, I will be very worried.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
We're now in 14th Place and 1 point off the relegation zone.
The maths are not looking good.

Lose to Liverpool tomorrow and draw or lose away to Norwich next Sunday, there's a 50/50 chance we'll be in the drop zone (18th place) by the end of next weekend, after 10 games in.
Maybe that's part of the plan. We get relegated only to win the league next season.

Boznich

If and when we do get stuck in a relegation dogfight does anyone seriously think that this group of bottlers will battle their way out of it ? too good to go down not a chance. At this point I'd be a little surprised if they stay up.

Kappa123

If and when we do get stuck in a relegation dogfight does anyone seriously think that this group of bottlers will battle their way out of it ? too good to go down not a chance. At this point I'd be a little surprised if they stay up.
Literally impossible to get relegated, we would just bring in Fat Sam. Problem solved.

Banana Republic

If and when we do get stuck in a relegation dogfight.......
“If and when...” ?
Dude, lose today and we’re in it already.
The teams below and around us will be taking points off each other, when they meet over the next few fixtures.

It’s inevitable that a couple of them will go above us, even with draws. If we only get as much as one point at Norwich, we’re firmly engaged in that relegation dogfight.

Watford almost grabbed their first win away at Spurs yesterday, with Alli scoring a very late equaliser with minutes to go. If Watford had held on for the win, they’d only be 3 points behind us!

Last edited by a moderator:

FattyFooty

Mental this is the kind of talk on this forum. Our defence will save us from relegation.
I got no idea what i did wrong there? If our defence was as bad as our attack, i really belive we would be in trouble. If anything i tried to be a bit positive. I'm sorry I won't lie and say Rashford is a good striker. Ole thinks Rashford, Martial and Greenwood is good enough. I don't. I do however think our defence can be given more time.

Canagel

Maybe that's part of the plan. We get relegated only to win the league next season.
We wouldn't win the Championship with Ole at the wheel. Not a chance. He couldn't even beat AZ Alkmaar and Rochdale.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I got no idea what i did wrong there? If our defence was as bad as our attack, i really belive we would be in trouble. If anything i tried to be a bit positive. I'm sorry I won't lie and say Rashford is a good striker. Ole thinks Rashford, Martial and Greenwood is good enough. I don't. I do however think our defence can be given more time.
You didn’t do anything wrong. You’re spot on. Just crazy this is now what we discuss on here, whether we will get relegated or not.

FattyFooty

You didn’t do anything wrong. You’re spot on. Just crazy this is now what we discuss on here, whether we will get relegated or not.
I'm sorry. Reading your post again i see i read it wrong. My bad. And yeah it's really bad times.

LARulz

Villa are above us this weekend. It is possible but we won't as Woodward will pull the trigger before Christmas

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I don't believe for a million years you'll get relegated but that stat of since the first weekend of the season (so about 11 games now) of not scoring more than one goal in any league or cup game is one stat that is usually befitting of a relegated team as likes of us in 15/16 and even under Paul Lambert had terrible low scoring runs.

Anyway big 6 pointer at Norwich next up.

Scotty McT

I don't believe for a million years you'll get relegated but that stat of since the first weekend of the season (so about 11 games now) of not scoring more than one goal in any league or cup game is one stat that is usually befitting of a relegated team as likes of us in 15/16 and even under Paul Lambert had terrible low scoring runs.

Anyway big 6 pointer at Norwich next up.
Something about XG.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Now we have a run of games against the other relegation candidates.

Norwich (a)
Bournemouth (a)
Brighton (h)
Sheffield Utd (a)
Aston Villa (h)

This run will determine whether we are truly going to be fighting for our lives this season. I would say 9 points needed to put a bit of space between us and the bottom 3.

Eric7C

Counter-attack is our only tactical plan. Apart from about 5 teams in the league, nobody is going to allow it. We are in deep trouble.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Counter-attack is our only tactical plan. Apart from about 5 teams in the league, nobody is going to allow it. We are in deep trouble.
You played pretty well today I thought. Were 5 minutes away from beating this "invincible" Liverpool. You'll grind out enough 1-0s or whatever against likes of Sheffield and Brighton as defensively you're not that bad so would expect you back in top half after next 5-6 games.

Eric7C

You played pretty well today I thought. Were 5 minutes away from beating this "invincible" Liverpool. You'll grind out enough 1-0s or whatever against likes of Sheffield and Brighton as defensively you're not that bad so would expect you back in top half after next 5-6 games.
I don't think we played well. We simply tried to counter-attack; that is a plan that can work in isolation against the big teams but against teams like Sheffield and Brighton it won't - it was only a fortnight ago that we lost to Newcastle in a classic example.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Not scored more than 1 goal in a game for 2 months now . This is the new Manchester United way

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I don't think we played well. We simply tried to counter-attack; that is a plan that can work in isolation against the big teams but against teams like Sheffield and Brighton it won't - it was only a fortnight ago that we lost to Newcastle in a classic example.
It was similar to how you played v Leicester who are a pretty decent team this season.

Ultimately a low scoring team will struggle to win away games but should at least target home games to pick up the points needed. On paper you've had a difficult home start playing 4 of probable top 6 so home games should get easier for you now.

Would be amazed if Man. United are still bottom half going into December. Then you can start worrying a bit more.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout

Norwich (a)
Bournemouth (a)
Brighton (h)
Sheffield Utd (a)
Aston Villa (h)

This run will determine whether we are truly going to be fighting for our lives this season. I would say 9 points needed to put a bit of space between us and the bottom 3.
I don't think we're good enough to avoid dropping some silly points in there, but yeah, I think we'll get 8/9 points, enough to remove us from a position from immediate danger - but still fairly poor all things considered.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
I don't think we're good enough to avoid dropping some silly points in there, but yeah, I think we'll get 8/9 points, enough to remove us from a position from immediate danger - but still fairly poor all things considered.
With Martial and Pogba coming back, you have to hope we've got enough to win a couple of them. If we don't, then I think it's time to panic.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Don't forgot you've got Belgrade away before Norwich so plenty of travelling and also going to play in Kazhakstan 3 days before your home game v us.

I assume you'll play pretty much full strength teams in both otherwise you'll really struggle to qualify and given remote hope of top 4 can't afford to just give up another route into CL.

Eric7C

It was similar to how you played v Leicester who are a pretty decent team this season.

Ultimately a low scoring team will struggle to win away games but should at least target home games to pick up the points needed. On paper you've had a difficult home start playing 4 of probable top 6 so home games should get easier for you now.

Would be amazed if Man. United are still bottom half going into December. Then you can start worrying a bit more.
Exactly, teams like Chelsea, Leicester and now Liverpool. Teams that want to play and who we can exploit with our only attacking tactic - counter with pace. That's not nearly enough for a club like United as illustrated in our inability to beat Wolves, CP, Southampton, West Ham and Newcastle this season.

And out of the bottom half by December? I know we are not the same anymore, but that is an unebleivable drop in expectation for this club.

Jacko21

Norwich (a)
Bournemouth (a)
Brighton (h)
Sheffield Utd (a)
Aston Villa (h)

All I can see is banana skins.

WR10

We played like a team fighting out of relegation today against the big dogs. I love to see it. Now I'm looking forward to our 6 pointer against Norwich. They last lost 1-5 at home to Villa but I'm still hoping for a 2-1 scrappy win.

Josep Dowling

Literally impossible to get relegated, we would just bring in Fat Sam. Problem solved.
How is it literally impossible? Our front six don’t score goals or create anything. Our away form is atrocious. Our overall form under Solskjaer since he was made a permanent manager is relegation form. We haven’t been able to beat Cardiff, Huddersfield, Southampton, Palace, Newcastle in recent months.

Fans talk about our performance today like it was positive but we created two chances today. The Rashford goal and a shot from Fred in the second half.

There is no such thing as too good to go down. I feel like 50% of the CAF would still want Ole in the job even if we got relegated.

Status
Not open for further replies.