Could we get relegated? | United officially now safe from relegation for 2019/20 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
If we lose the next two games, which is very likely, we'll be around 16th at Christmas, so we will be in the fight.

Just being in the scrap is an embarrassment. We spent the most in the league this summer, it's an absolute joke.

wolvored

It's in the media woody moaning how hard it is to complete 3 signings in 2 months. Well how come other clubs manage it? It's on his and oles shoulders how worse we are getting. Let's hope he has the bottle after xmas to pull the trigger and sack ole and get someone in who hopefully can get us out of this hole, otherwise we could end up bottom 6

RedWat

If it meant Woodward got sacked and the boardroom got cleaned out I'd happily take a season in the Championship.
No what would happen is that we would get in the perfect man to keep us up.......................Sam Allardyce, imaging Big Sam strolling up at OT setting us up to play 2 banks of four and parking the bus away at teams like Watford to stop us conceding :)

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
If it meant Woodward got sacked and the boardroom got cleaned out I'd happily take a season in the Championship.
100%. Honestly think that's exactly where we're heading under Woodward. He's doing such a bad job it wouldn't surprise me if some loon attacked him or something at some point in the near future. He's running the club into the ground with the most obvious negligence and couldn't give a shite.

Maticmaker

I just can't see it happening myself.
That's what I (and many thousands of other United fans) told ourselves in the early 1970's, but it did.

Look at our end of season form last season when the confidence had completely gone, Huddersfield and Cardiff both rattled us. Hit another lack of confidence or should it be 'can't be ars**d' streak like that this season and we will be down there battling against the dead men.

Ole has to make some positive player moves this January and Woodward has to back him one, by making the money available and two, by getting himself the hell out of Dodge and letting Ole deal.

Alabaster Codify7

By Christmas we're going to be around 16th I reckon, and splashed all over social media and other outlets. People like Neville are gonna be embarrassing themselves on turning purple and getting flustered while Carragher call him and Ole out. That will then 'go viral', too.

We all know how obsessed with our social media presence and image Ed is.

Tick tock, Ole. Tick, tock

Botim

Supports
Royal Antwerp FC
I think something like this will happen:

We draw with Tottenham after a nervy game (2-2)
We lose to City (3-1)
We lose to a reinvigorated Everton (2-0), who have just hired a new manager after finally sacking Silva (after heavy losses to Pool and Chelsea).

We are now in or just above the relegation zone. Ed gets nervous, pulls the trigger and hires whoever's available (let's say Allegri). The new guy gets some good results in our upcoming run of easier fixtures (Watford, Newcastle, Burnley). The fans are happy going into the january transfer window, so Ed decides all is well and we don't need any more expensive reinforcements (we just buy a supposed quick fix like Mandzukic).

By the end of the season the shine wears off and we start to struggle again, eventually ending somewhere around 7th-8th. Summer window rolls along and we're back to square one...

manc4red

No we will not be anywhere close to being relegated haha lets dont go all doom and gloom. There are at least three teams in a much much worse spot than we are

will we be in europe next year is a better question. Arsenal imploded definitely helps us in terms of getting europa at least

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
No what would happen is that we would get in the perfect man to keep us up.......................Sam Allardyce, imaging Big Sam strolling up at OT setting us up to play 2 banks of four and parking the bus away at teams like Watford to stop us conceding :)
So nothing would change

Zen86

That's what I (and many thousands of other United fans) told ourselves in the early 1970's, but it did.

Look at our end of season form last season when the confidence had completely gone, Huddersfield and Cardiff both rattled us. Hit another lack of confidence or should it be 'can't be ars**d' streak like that this season and we will be down there battling against the dead men.

Ole has to make some positive player moves this January and Woodward has to back him one, by making the money available and two, by getting himself the hell out of Dodge and letting Ole deal.
I can’t see us ever being relegated, but I agree we need a player or two in January. It would be nice to see if these supposed recruitment algorithms can conjure up a decent midfield upgrade.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Because we are 6 points above relegation zone and our next 2 games are against Spurs and City (both probable losses). We have a Championship / League One manager in charge and a board who don't have a clue.

While the chances of us going down are very slim, it's hardly all rosy in the garden is it?
We're only two points of fifth with a superior(not minus)goal-difference, and we've played better against the better sides this season.

"The only way is up"

djd

There's a reasonable chance after Wednesday's games a team in the relegation zone will have the same number of wins as United ...

Member 119614

It's always possible with these bunch. Half of them are teenagers and the other half are over the hill. It's a recipe for disaster. If this squad isn't overhauled in the summer me might relegate next season.

James Ward

Its really hard to know what will happen but its crazy after 14 games that relegation is even been mentioned. Crazier things have happened in the league.

If United lose the next three games against Spurs, City and Everton which could easily happen We will be hovering around 15th/16th place and with the spineless players we currently have be able to pull us away from there or just give up.

But realistically there is no chance of us been relegated. I expect us to finish around 7th at the end of the season.

If the results are brutal after the next three games, he has to go.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
We're only two points of fifth with a superior(not minus)goal-difference, and we've played better against the better sides this season.

"The only way is up"
3 other teams are 4 points off 5th, 2 other teams are 2 points off 5th and 1 is equal on point to 5th... we probably won’t get any points from our next 2 games.

You think the gap between 10th and 5th is going to stay this tight for much longer ?

dave1956

It is a possibility on our present form that we could be in say the bottom 6. If this happens then it will depend on the coaching staff and the players mentally to deal with and over come the situation. None of the coaching staff nor any of the players have been in this situation, I fear that certainly a number of our present first team squad do not have the mental attitude to deal with the situation should it arise. It certainly could become a test of character of the coaching staff, including the manager, and players in the New Year to prevent this.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
The team run out of steam by 80th minute. Championship is really physical. Shaw pogba martial would last 4 months there. There will be a mass exodus of players and staff. But yea, i see your point.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Well we could be 3-4 points above the relegation zone after the City game. If Ole stays we will be in the relegation battle looking from from statistical point of view.

ghagua

We won't get relegated, but it will nail-biting time especially if we lose the next 2 games. Hopefully, Woody will grow some balls again and make the required change.

The United

I am not too worried about United getting decent results from big games.

It is against smaller teams. We might probably come out good after the next 2 days. Who knows.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
If we lose the next two games, which is very likely, we'll be around 16th at Christmas, so we will be in the fight.

Just being in the scrap is an embarrassment. We spent the most in the league this summer, it's an absolute joke.
I’ve looked at the fixtures briefly the teams below us also have matches that you’d expect them to lose. So we could possibly lose our next two and still be where we are now.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
I can see it now. Relegation battle that Ole’s incompetence got us into, we escape and Ole gets praised and it’s used as justification to give him more time

croadyman

I can’t see us ever being relegated, but I agree we need a player or two in January. It would be nice to see if these supposed recruitment algorithms can conjure up a decent midfield upgrade.
Yeah we definitely do but 100% convinced Ole isn't the man to bring in those players

RoyH1

I think something like this will happen:

We draw with Tottenham after a nervy game (2-2)
We lose to City (3-1)
We lose to a reinvigorated Everton (2-0), who have just hired a new manager after finally sacking Silva (after heavy losses to Pool and Chelsea).

We are now in or just above the relegation zone. Ed gets nervous, pulls the trigger and hires whoever's available (let's say Allegri). The new guy gets some good results in our upcoming run of easier fixtures (Watford, Newcastle, Burnley). The fans are happy going into the january transfer window, so Ed decides all is well and we don't need any more expensive reinforcements (we just buy a supposed quick fix like Mandzukic).

By the end of the season the shine wears off and we start to struggle again, eventually ending somewhere around 7th-8th. Summer window rolls along and we're back to square one...
That sounds so shockingly accurate that it's probably not going to happen :lol:

troylocker

No, no and no! We'll end up 4th-8th dependant on whether we sign quality in January or not.

Camilo

There are three nailed on shit teams at the bottom of the league. They're worse, so we'll be fine. 17th at worse. It's not about the results right now lads. Ole's got a plan. Remember all the other times when unknown managers took charge of the biggest clubs in the world, showed no talent over a year and then went on to win big things? It's tried and tested. This is how the big teams do it.

BlueHaze

It would completely depend on who would replace them. Imagine getting relegated accompanied with even worse owners.

Betson

No, no and no! We'll end up 4th-8th dependant on whether we sign quality in January or not.
I think 4th might be a bit ambitious given the quality(lack of) of the squad even if we do bring in one or two in January , but broadly agree that we will not finish outside the top 8. Not a chance we will get relegated or even near it. But that some people are even thinking about shows how far we are falling from the top table.

We used to be Favorites(Mostly) or at least 2nd favorites for the title every season , now we are not even considered a realistic top 4 team.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
3 other teams are 4 points off 5th, 2 other teams are 2 points off 5th and 1 is equal on point to 5th... we probably won’t get any points from our next 2 games.

You think the gap between 10th and 5th is going to stay this tight for much longer ?
Nah we'll get at least three, probably four ;)

Yeah I think it will, all the teams(5th-10th)will take points off each other

lysglimt

Scout
To avoid relegation you probably need 40 Points - based on our form and the fact that we have not been outplayed in a single game all season, it's just stupid to even talk about relegation. We need 19 Points from the last 23 games to be more or less guaranteed not to go down. We are inconsistent - but we are not that bad. Not even close

BrokeDR

Great win last night. Should put this thread to bed once and for all

Alabaster Codify7

Nah, I still think we'll be around 12-13th come the end of the season to be honest. I can see us having a good run for the next few games though and being within touching distance of top 4.

Reality is, one injury to Rashford and McTominay and we're fecked, again. I can see another really poor end to the season for Ole if he's still here, same as last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.